Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decorative Gardening: a suggestion for a new way to decorate your Home

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
First, some context. I am currently growing a Purple Bell Pepper in my house, and I am so impressed by its color scheme (I dunno, I have a thing for purple and gold) that I wanted to keep it as a permanent housing item . Unfortunately, that is not currently feasible or considered, hence the purpose for this thread.

My idea for a form of decorative Gardening mainly revolves around modifications to an existing spell, Second Spring. Second Spring, in its current form, is a spell sold by Roger the Shrubber to Wizards gardening Rank 15 and up. It makes plants in their Elder stage appear as if they are in their Adult stage. However, these plants are still able to be harvested at the press of a button, making decorative Gardening unfeasible as you might accidentally remove your work. If decorative Gardening is to become possible, I would suggest the following adjustments:

. Using Second Spring on a plant will make it appear in its Adult stage, regardless of its current stage of development.

. These plants will not get Needs or Pests, similar to the current Second Spring.

. These plants will be unable to be harvested, preventing accidental removal. They can however still be removed with Plow.

. For ease of access, I would recommend that Second Spring become available to Wizards of at least gardening level 8.

. Plants affected by Second Spring will essentially behave exactly like an Adult Plant.

I think that decorative Gardening would be a good addition to the game, allowing Wizards who are interested in making beautiful houses to expand their concepts. If Kingsisle is listening, please consider adding this in a later update!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Lookit Light on Sep 18, 2020 wrote:
First, some context. I am currently growing a Purple Bell Pepper in my house, and I am so impressed by its color scheme (I dunno, I have a thing for purple and gold) that I wanted to keep it as a permanent housing item . Unfortunately, that is not currently feasible or considered, hence the purpose for this thread.

My idea for a form of decorative Gardening mainly revolves around modifications to an existing spell, Second Spring. Second Spring, in its current form, is a spell sold by Roger the Shrubber to Wizards gardening Rank 15 and up. It makes plants in their Elder stage appear as if they are in their Adult stage. However, these plants are still able to be harvested at the press of a button, making decorative Gardening unfeasible as you might accidentally remove your work. If decorative Gardening is to become possible, I would suggest the following adjustments:

. Using Second Spring on a plant will make it appear in its Adult stage, regardless of its current stage of development.

. These plants will not get Needs or Pests, similar to the current Second Spring.

. These plants will be unable to be harvested, preventing accidental removal. They can however still be removed with Plow.

. For ease of access, I would recommend that Second Spring become available to Wizards of at least gardening level 8.

. Plants affected by Second Spring will essentially behave exactly like an Adult Plant.

I think that decorative Gardening would be a good addition to the game, allowing Wizards who are interested in making beautiful houses to expand their concepts. If Kingsisle is listening, please consider adding this in a later update!
Just yesterday I was wishing I could Second Spring a seedling I'd just planted for a garden Like and just not get any harvests off it.

Also I wish I could Second Spring crown seeds that have a guaranteed elder seed return -- but those plants I could still get regular timed harvests as normal - without destroying my plant. Just regular mature harvests. No hassle with coming and going and triggers etc. I wouldn't care if such a spell cost crown money, I wouldn't care if it cost 100 energy. I'd do it to all my plant likes and any special ones I really liked but didn't want to fuss with - like the Sugar Krystals.

If we're getting our seed back to replant anyway, what would it hurt?

I suppose - over a LOT of time, maybe potion purchases, someone could Ultra Second Spring a whole garden bed - return every day for the scheduled mature harvest, but not have any energy needs ...and they'd never accidentally trigger needs so never need an emergency potion...

OH and it would impact Pet Training - if you don't spend energy on your garden you have it for pet training.

The question is does KI make more money from potion sales for garening or pet training. I rarely by both. But I OFTEN buy for pets.

still.. I was wishing