Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Devs - No Sacred Charge Drop in 3 years? Broken?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
To the Wiz101 Devs

I have been very consistency and actively engaging in hundreds of attempts to acquire the Sacred Charge spell drop from Aphrodite at this point for over a 3 year span and still ongoing as I write this with no drop. This isn't even taking into account all the additional time invested in acquiring the gold keys in sufficient numbers to do this enormous growing number of runs consistently over this time frame to present. This has reached a level of abject egregiousness at this point.

How and why could I have no success in acquiring it after this much time and number of attempts? I am at this point suspecting that there MUST be a technical issue with my character that is has not acquired it at this point. I need the dev team to please take a look at my account and see the data on my Life wiz and see if there is something preventing this drop. This seems illogical that I should not have gotten it by now considering the immense consistency and breadth of attempts I've engaged in.

Gabriel Jadeheart

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
When you defeat a boss, you have a chance to get the drop through RNG (Random Number Generator). The more times you do it, the number doesn't go up. So for example, the drop rate could be 1/100. The next time you fight it, it won't be 2/100. It'll just be 1/100.

Not trying to insult your intellect with this if you do know about it. I know about RNG very well. I've done hundreds of Loremaster runs and I've only ever gotten Krampus (ofc on my Death wizard).

Now this brings up something that could be nice: a guaranteed drop system. Since there are badges the track the amount of kills on a boss like 100 kills for Medulla or Storm Titan. Maybe on the 100th kill, you'd be guaranteed something like a spell card or a really rare piece of gear.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
stevp on Sep 3, 2020 wrote:
When you defeat a boss, you have a chance to get the drop through RNG (Random Number Generator). The more times you do it, the number doesn't go up. So for example, the drop rate could be 1/100. The next time you fight it, it won't be 2/100. It'll just be 1/100.

Not trying to insult your intellect with this if you do know about it. I know about RNG very well. I've done hundreds of Loremaster runs and I've only ever gotten Krampus (ofc on my Death wizard).

Now this brings up something that could be nice: a guaranteed drop system. Since there are badges the track the amount of kills on a boss like 100 kills for Medulla or Storm Titan. Maybe on the 100th kill, you'd be guaranteed something like a spell card or a really rare piece of gear.
Hey thanks for the reply! I'm super annoyed over this entire thing after all this time so please forgive me if that shows in my response...it's not directed at you. I know and understand that it's a rare drop system and the chance is random and I know what RNG is. None of my post is directed at not understanding how that system works. My point, that I though I had been sufficiently clear and specific about, was the issue that after 3 years of continuous attempts that it should not ever even remotely come close to taking that long for anyone to get a spell drop anywhere in the game.

Loremaster, as much as it *seems* like a brutal grind to get her to drop spells, she has an immensely better drop rate overall than Aphrodite does for Sacred Charge, AND you can always still go craft her spell drops for your trouble if the the permanent version you want doesn't drop off her before you get the 10 tc of "x" spell to craft it. I can see at least one spell drop a week, sometimes two. May not be the we I wanted this time or the next(although I have all the Loremaster Life spells already including Pigsie), but they DO drop eventually sooner than later and consistently enough that you see some semblance of success.

Seeing others with minimal investment and effort get Sacred Charge to drop in their first week of runs or their first month and then players like myself spending 3 years and nothing is grossly demoralizing and skewed. To also know that there are players in the community that even got into Aphrodite(before the fix apparently) at level 10 and have Sacred Charge drop for them is beyond insulting. It rewarded players not meant to be in there at that level skirting the system while a player that's playing the game the way it's intended, like myself with HEAVY investment, cant get the spell drop. It's not a rewarding experience and it punishes players like myself. The bitterness I have over this is immeasurable.

I just don't understand the point of Sacred Charge, a more than 5 years old spell to the game, being worse of a drop rate for any player than even an impossible drop rate for a new horde pack spell introduction. Even Ratatoskr's Spin released more recently as a previously pack only spell drop is now craftable, yet Sacred Charge is not even reasonably attainable. The drop rate should have been upped a long time ago.

Gabriel Jadeheart

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
stevp on Sep 3, 2020 wrote:

That's a really good idea, you should post that in The Dorm.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
John Hawkstone on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
That's a really good idea, you should post that in The Dorm.
I already did before posting in here. I posted in here bc I though there may be a possibility there is a technical issue that my char isn't receiving the drop after this many years of consistent ongoing attempts over that time. To be clear I'm not just farming Aphrodite just once a week or once a month over 3 years. I'm talking at least up to half a dozen or more times in a day and up to 2 or more dozen times per month(some months are less and others more bc I have to go get more gold keys between(which that alone take so much time investment and farming and sidelines any progress towards the spell and general playing progress on its own — this also isn't accounting for the frustration and difficulty in getting teams for Aphrodite which has been a huge issue on it's own others have posted threads about).

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/long-overdue-talk-about-sacred-charge-aphrodite-access-8ad6a427740ae72c0174275b49bb2d22?reset=1