Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question/Problem with reporting someone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
What happens when you report someone?

Sunday on another account on my family account I was playing and long story short was told to kill my pet and then go off myself. I had barely spoken 2 words. After that comment I would not respond at all and reported the person. They then reported me. For what I truly have no idea.

Will I ever know if they were punished at all for what I perceived as tell me to kill myself IRL? I am fine but what if that was said to a child or someone battling depression? I guess since I have heard nothing I come here to post this looking for a little peace over the problem and just trying to understand.

Administrator
firestormxxxx on Aug 26, 2020 wrote:

Sunday on another account on my family account I was playing and long story short was told to kill my pet and then go off myself. I had barely spoken 2 words. After that comment I would not respond at all and reported the person. They then reported me. For what I truly have no idea.

Will I ever know if they were punished at all for what I perceived as tell me to kill myself IRL? I am fine but what if that was said to a child or someone battling depression? I guess since I have heard nothing I come here to post this looking for a little peace over the problem and just trying to understand.
Hi firestormxxxx,

We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience in the game like this. The report tool is what you should be using, so I'm glad to hear that you report the person right away.

The reports are sent to our support team where they then look the reports over. Each one is reviewed, so rest assured that your was received!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
firestormxxxx on Aug 26, 2020 wrote:

I am so sorry someone made those comments to you. But rest assured, @Sparck is right about the issue being looked at. As for you ever knowing what was done, that won't happen...

I would like to make a suggestion though. Immediately after you have reported someone in the game, put them on Ignore. Once you leave the area, chances are you won't run into them again. It might also be a good idea to switch realms.

I really hope a child or someone who is battling depression is not confronted by this same person or one just as bad.

@Sparck, maybe this would be a good time to consider putting Hall Monitors back in the game for a while.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I must say, you took the right and noble approach of not continuing the conversation.

Your decision to not to respond to such derogatory comments and instead to exercise the report button was a great way to handle such a situation.

We will always have persons like this within the game, don't allow them to spoil or ruin the ultimate experience for you.

Just ignore and report.

For every bad person, there are three good persons within the game, especially here on the Forums!

Survivor
May 01, 2013
Honestly this is an ever growing trend I have personally witnessed in the game recently. The commons seem to be full of individuals that constantly want to belittle and attack other users for really no apparent reason other than something to kill time. Any player that may innocently ask for help or a question is then verbally attacked by a group of others until they leave. Yesterday I witnessed two boy wizards taunt a female wizard non-stop for over 5 minutes. Making rude and appalling sexual comments to her. Eventually a bunch of us spoke up and tried to get them to stop which then went very south as insults were thrown back and fourth among the entire crowd of the commons. I did report it but this isnt a rare ocurance. This is almost daily and even nightly when I am on. I rarely will hang out in the commons anymore. People are insulted for just about anything. Being a "noob", having a bad pet, gear, stats. Its insane. People are told to off themselves, they smell, they have mental issues. I could go on and on. I know there used to be monitors in the common areas and this kind of behavior didnt exist. Im assuming there arent any any more. Maybe thats the issue. If there were and people knew or saw that others got muted or banned for their behavior then the other will stop. Just a suggestion. Something definitely needs to be done about it.