Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An awkward situation I had today

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
Ok, I started a team up for a boss battle I was struggling with then went off to do some side questing while waiting for players. After a few minutes, I got pulled into someone else's battle and someone else joined the team up. I then had a choice: leave the battle causing the player who's battle I joined to be against three enemies or cancel the team up. Either way I would be letting someone down so I decided to leave the battle. Then I realised that by doing that my mana went down to 0 so then had to cancel the team up as well. I would like to ask others what they would have done and if there was a better way (e.g. a way to avoid being pulled into battles where there is little space to move past enemies).

Defender
May 11, 2013
elephant man on Aug 22, 2020 wrote:
Ok, I started a team up for a boss battle I was struggling with then went off to do some side questing while waiting for players. After a few minutes, I got pulled into someone else's battle and someone else joined the team up. I then had a choice: leave the battle causing the player who's battle I joined to be against three enemies or cancel the team up. Either way I would be letting someone down so I decided to leave the battle. Then I realised that by doing that my mana went down to 0 so then had to cancel the team up as well. I would like to ask others what they would have done and if there was a better way (e.g. a way to avoid being pulled into battles where there is little space to move past enemies).
You should have helped finish the battle with the person YOU added mobs to. Instead of being rude and letting one person down and making it harder on them, You made it harder on a group and a single player, because you wanted your quest done with out caring for what the other players had going.

Defender
May 27, 2013
Huh. So what would have happened if Elephant Man had not fled the combat he accidentally joined and the team countered started / triggered the team-up? Would he have stayed with the first combat he was already in or would he have been automatically pulled to the team-up (therefore being forced to leave the first combat)?

Thanks!