Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two mobs that should be collectible with Monstrology, but are not.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
I'm an avid user of Monstrology, and I've noticed two mobs so far that definitely should be collectible with Monstrology, but are not.

The first one is the Runed Annihilator boss in Helgrind Warren in Grizzleheim. It definitely is a colossus, but the Extract Colossus spell was not working.

The second mob that I noticed this happening with is the Elder Magus in the Hive in Khrysalis. They're minions to the boss Archmagus Lorcan. The Extract Spider spell also did not work here when they certainly are spiders.

Thank you!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
My character has only just arrived in the Hive so I cannot speak to that one yet, but I just tried asking customer support for verification regarding the Ruined Annihilator. I am only missing 1 for my Grizzleheim tome and thought maybe that should be it. It clearly appears to be a Colossus, the name implies Colossus, he is a reoccurring foe so not part of a one shot quest, and the wizard101 wiki has him listed as Elemental/Colossus. They only responded by saying they could not respond because they considered that a spoiler. ? What ? And that I should explore the forums, so here I am only to find I am not alone.

I look forward to failing to get the spider-not spider shortly. ;)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2015
Black Talon on Oct 9, 2020 wrote:
My character has only just arrived in the Hive so I cannot speak to that one yet, but I just tried asking customer support for verification regarding the Ruined Annihilator. I am only missing 1 for my Grizzleheim tome and thought maybe that should be it. It clearly appears to be a Colossus, the name implies Colossus, he is a reoccurring foe so not part of a one shot quest, and the wizard101 wiki has him listed as Elemental/Colossus. They only responded by saying they could not respond because they considered that a spoiler. ? What ? And that I should explore the forums, so here I am only to find I am not alone.

I look forward to failing to get the spider-not spider shortly. ;)
No spoilers - But read the current test realm update notes, and try again with whatever information you gain there.