Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A little confused

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2020
Im a lvl 30 Myth, returning player. When i was a kid i never knew how to play now i do and im still kinda off. So i dont want to have a secondary school, but it seems like to be good at the game you need to buy treasure cards along with your school deck.? < If you dont want a secondary school, because myth doesn't give many attack spells off the jump. So my question is am i doing something wrong because im trying to look for all these myth treasure cards that aren't even in the bazaar, for example the Chirmena spell for myth it just doesn't feel like i have enough attacks but i have so much utility help? plus i have no idea what that spellwrighting stuff is do i need it at my current lvl 30?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
Hi!
The reason that it's usually not recommended to do secondary schools is only due to the fact that you can't use power pips with other school spells, they will only count as one. It's better to save your training points to get feint from the death school as well as tower shield from the ice school. At level 30 you won't have a ton of attack spells that hit hard as a myth, but you'll eventually build up to it.
TC isn't mandatory, but if there's a certain myth spell that you want as a tc, you can always ask around the commons if anyone has the card you want. At level 33 you get minotaur and at 42 you get earthquake, two decent hit spells.
As for spellwrighting... I can't say much. I don't know much about it, but I know that it isn't required.
Better gear can help you as well, as a level 30 you will be able to unlock Mount Olympus from your professor, Cyrus Drake. It drops the best gear for your level.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2020
Thank you so much bro I got the olympus gear aswell.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Game and the Forums!

Allow me to chime in here.

Now, the advice mentioned above is solid, stick with it.

Spells;

But, to add to it. Hummongofrog will be the most useful spell at your disposal as it hits all enemies and is has a pretty good hit power for it's rank. Don't sleep on it. A mythblade with spiritual blade or so can really pack a punch.

Treasures;

Also, as it relates to treasures. It is usually recommend to have treasure card versions of your own school blades (mythblades), feints, and in your case, damage enchanting cards such as tough, strong and monstrous. Using these cards on hits such as hummongofrog greatly increases the spell's damage.
This can often determine whether mobs survive your attack or are defeated.

Spellwrighting;

Spellwrighting is a new concept introduced this year in Wizard101. It basically allows players to use spellements to either learn or upgrade already learned spells.

Spellements are usually locked away within the spellwrighting packs within the crown shop. Few bosses drop a few spellements, but gathering them for a particular spell is an extremely expensive and taxing well, task.

Currently, the spells that can be altered using spellements are:
All Rank I Spells
All Rank II Spells (Troll being the newest) except Lighting Bats
There are others, but to simplify it, I'll leave it as is now.

Each spell must be learnt first. After learning, each spell usually have two pathways that can be explored to upgrade. These pathways are irreversible and usually comes down to either more damage or, the same damage but an added utility.

Example. Let's use troll.

Troll currently has two pathways for upgrading the spell.
Since you are myth, you already have the spell learned.
You will then require 75 spellements to upgrade the spell to Tier II.
Option 1 is either to permanently increase the card's damage range while Option 2 is to retain the same damage, but has an added utility of summoning a Rank I Minion, pretty nifty (little broken too).

That 75 spellements is extremely hard to obtain and currently is only available from the newly introduced spellwrighting pack within the crown shop.

The entire system is something extremely controversial within the Wiz Community with many players objecting to the current implementation of the system.

Welcome to the game and do post if you've anymore queries!