Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking kiosk glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Hi, I hatched with a pet from the kiosk and i know after an hour or so the pet will come back. If it doesnt then im sure that it cannot be hatched with anymore. However, theres a pet i wanted to hatch with that i've hatched with 3 times, and now i want to hatch with it again. I check where it usually is and its there but when i press the hatch button it says "that pet is no longer available." Im not sure if its been taken out but wiz didnt load it in or if its just a glitch/bug. Thanks in advance! IsaiahWindBrand Lvl130

Survivor
Jul 21, 2016
Sounds to me like someone that owned those pets you hatched with before took them out.

Defender
May 31, 2009
sohaib357 on Aug 15, 2020 wrote:
Hi, I hatched with a pet from the kiosk and i know after an hour or so the pet will come back. If it doesnt then im sure that it cannot be hatched with anymore. However, theres a pet i wanted to hatch with that i've hatched with 3 times, and now i want to hatch with it again. I check where it usually is and its there but when i press the hatch button it says "that pet is no longer available." Im not sure if its been taken out but wiz didnt load it in or if its just a glitch/bug. Thanks in advance! IsaiahWindBrand Lvl130
If you can see it in the Kiosk but cannot hatch with it because "that pet is no longer available" then that means that pet has reached the 10 hatch limit. The owner of the pet needs to take it out and replace it - until they do, it will still show up but won't be available for any hatches.

Not a glitch at all I'm afraid.

Casp

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Honestly no idea why this is a feature, they should really just rework it. It just makes the kiosk more annoying and doesnt have a reason to exist otherwise.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Professional Wizhe... on Aug 25, 2020 wrote:
Honestly no idea why this is a feature, they should really just rework it. It just makes the kiosk more annoying and doesnt have a reason to exist otherwise.
Must confess, not sure what it is you are frustrated about? What is the "it" they should rework? Surely not the kiosk itself - it's INVALUABLE to people wanting to hatch better pets and so very much has a reason to exist!

However, if the "it" you refer to is the 10 hatches cap per pet, I kinda see where they are coming from with that. I think that it's there so that one pet doesn't get 100 hatches and the others none, so spreading things out a bit. The reality is it doesn't really work that way because after your reach your 10 hatch cap you can simply remove the pet and put it back in. So even with that cap it's really isn't a huge annoyance.

Casp

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Caspeen on Aug 27, 2020 wrote:
Must confess, not sure what it is you are frustrated about? What is the "it" they should rework? Surely not the kiosk itself - it's INVALUABLE to people wanting to hatch better pets and so very much has a reason to exist!

However, if the "it" you refer to is the 10 hatches cap per pet, I kinda see where they are coming from with that. I think that it's there so that one pet doesn't get 100 hatches and the others none, so spreading things out a bit. The reality is it doesn't really work that way because after your reach your 10 hatch cap you can simply remove the pet and put it back in. So even with that cap it's really isn't a huge annoyance.

Casp
Biggest issue is the lack of a symbol tbh for a pet being unavailable. Uou have to manually check and waste time over and over.