Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Fire Wizard; Looking for advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2020
"Hello! I played this game when I was much younger and have recently gotten back into it, and I was hoping I could get some pointers and direction on what to do. I don’t do PVP so all following questions are entirely PVE oriented. I play a fire wizard (currently level 31) with a full set of Zeus’ gear, and I was wondering what a good deck for that point is + where should I be spending my training points for the must-have spells for fire wizards in other schools? Bonus points if you give an optimal spell rotation, but I’m confident I can figure that part out on my own either way! Gear-wise, I’m not too concerned yet. This set should last me a while yet, but what is maybe the best end game armor for fire? And maybe an end game deck breakdown as well? As far as pets go, I just got a Sun Serpent from the kiosk, and I’m (hoping) wondering if that’s the best pet to have? If not, what pet should I get instead? There isn't much online in the way of guides for fire wizards (not that I've found anyway) so I'd really appreciate the input. Thank you so much!" Posting for a friend without a forum account.

Administrator
Robbytaku0001 on Aug 14, 2020 wrote:
"Hello! I played this game when I was much younger and have recently gotten back into it, and I was hoping I could get some pointers and direction on what to do. I don’t do PVP so all following questions are entirely PVE oriented. I play a fire wizard (currently level 31) with a full set of Zeus’ gear, and I was wondering what a good deck for that point is + where should I be spending my training points for the must-have spells for fire wizards in other schools? Bonus points if you give an optimal spell rotation, but I’m confident I can figure that part out on my own either way! Gear-wise, I’m not too concerned yet. This set should last me a while yet, but what is maybe the best end game armor for fire? And maybe an end game deck breakdown as well? As far as pets go, I just got a Sun Serpent from the kiosk, and I’m (hoping) wondering if that’s the best pet to have? If not, what pet should I get instead? There isn't much online in the way of guides for fire wizards (not that I've found anyway) so I'd really appreciate the input. Thank you so much!" Posting for a friend without a forum account.
Welcome back to the Spiral! There's a great group of community members here that will be more than willing to help you out. You have some great starter questions for them too!

Have fun and let us know if you have any other questions!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Forums and back to the Game!

You've come to the right place to have some of these queries answered.

Now, on to the ones you brought up;

Gear;

The Mount Olympus gear is the best gear for your level. It can take you all the way up to level 56 where I recommend you craft your gear available in Sudrilund, Wintertusk. This is an additional side world unlocked after completing Grizzleheim.

On another note, I also implore you to do Grizzleheim as the world has quests there leading to school spells your professor won't teach you.

Training Points;

Firstly, I recommend training your points to feint in the school.
Quite a few pyrommancers tend to train life to Satyr, but I recommend just saving those points and have Satyr treasures instead.
Later on when you arrive to Celestia (world after Dragonspyre) you will find additional schools that will require your attention. Namely the and school.
More on that later..

Pet;

Basically, any fire pet providing a fireblade is a solid starter. So, the sun serpent is a good choice. What you will eventually want to focus on is actually getting a pet with good talents that will assist you in battle. These talents usually range from damage enhancing talents to resistive, depending on your play choice.

Post if you have anymore queries.

Good Luck!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi, and welcome back to the spiral

So like you i have a fire lvl 106 so i will just sugest what was usefull for me.

Gears:

Zeus gear are very good from lvl 30 to 60.at this point you have choice waterworks/craft from wintertusk/zigzag gears or wait lvl70 to get atlantea set/then lvl 90 tartarus lvl 100 darkmoor then cabale or paradox or dragoon gear at max lvl.

Pet:
Hard to get a good pet even harder to get a good pet that git to your playstyle and specific situation,so do you prefer maycast bonus stats or more utility effect like willcast or other effect is up to you.
I prefer a full stat pet who give fire blade at baby like fennec fox.

Training points:
Choose what you need in this list:
Feint ,tower, shield, weakness, reshuffle, school specific shield some would add satyr but i don't recommmend it.
Keep your points for astral schools you will meet later and a few for the forbidden school you will meet even later.

For the deck rotation im really a bad student cuz i like to send as many different spell as possible and i don't care of the fight lenght.

I hope this will help you.

Lenora GoldenFlame