Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim Lore Spells?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
So, I just spent 55k crowns on Grizzleheim Lore packs and didn't get a single spell.(Was trying to get Ratotskr's Spin on my life). The spells ARE still in the pack, right? Or is it bugged? I know it didn't take long to get Grendel's Amends when I was on my Myth awhile back, but I'm currently 55k crowns wasted on Grizzleheim Lore packs with nothing to show for it...

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
Yes the spells are in Grizzleheim lore pack but the drop chances might be very low to get the spells, i got hammer of thor after 40 packs and on the other hand my life got rat spin from one lucky pack, you might also want to try to craft Ratatoskr's spin if you didn't get what you want from packs.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Yes, the spells are still within the pack.

I was just successful in learning Rat's Spin for it on my life after about 7K crowns.

The drop rates continue to remain dismal however.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
XxMoonMasteryxX on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
So, I just spent 55k crowns on Grizzleheim Lore packs and didn't get a single spell.(Was trying to get Ratotskr's Spin on my life). The spells ARE still in the pack, right? Or is it bugged? I know it didn't take long to get Grendel's Amends when I was on my Myth awhile back, but I'm currently 55k crowns wasted on Grizzleheim Lore packs with nothing to show for it...
The packs are not bugged sadly; the packs are not a "Guarantee" of any spell and potentially has a 1% chance of even dropping maybe 5% if i was to be generous; it truly just depends on the RNG system as each pack may be 399 crowns each and statistically it just happened to be "bad luck". I am sure if enough of this happens; KI will try to improve the odds through events but you may be better suited to get ratspin from Loremaster than from a pack at this point. However i wouldn't turn down a crown sale if you can help it.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
RunedMaster on Aug 11, 2020 wrote:
The packs are not bugged sadly; the packs are not a "Guarantee" of any spell and potentially has a 1% chance of even dropping maybe 5% if i was to be generous; it truly just depends on the RNG system as each pack may be 399 crowns each and statistically it just happened to be "bad luck". I am sure if enough of this happens; KI will try to improve the odds through events but you may be better suited to get ratspin from Loremaster than from a pack at this point. However i wouldn't turn down a crown sale if you can help it.
That's crazy lol. I was judging it based on other instances. I spent roughly the same and got everything from Celestian Lore, and I spent far less than either and got Grendel on my Myth pre-update. After going 55k crowns, I was thinking it was actually bugged. That in itself should point out a problem, lol.

Well, guess I'm not getting Rat from packs - not spending any more on those packs xD

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I think it's LONG PAST time that KI rethink special addition spells they have been placing behind pay walls in packs with an extraordinarily low and undisclosed % drop rate that favors monetary goals at the literal and figurative expense of the player to a detrimental degree and player's experience that crates animosity towards the creators of a loved game and disappointment around thew game itself rather than a positive entertainment experience it's supposed to be.

**[Personally I think the entire pack format needs to be replaced. I think that most would agree that this format it deeply psychologically(as well as financially) unhealthy for the community in general but especially kids or teens being conditioned into gambling behaviors. People WILL BUY the items they like and want directly and should be able to do so in the shop(furnishings/gear/wands/pets/etc). Locking all these items and especially spells behind gambling pack pay walls is a terrible monetization format and it's just again unhealthy for the community and generates intense resentments. Nothing is more ghastly and abhorrent than forcing a system like this on the player base where KI sets an incredibly unimaginably impossible drop rate on a core *highly desirable by design* spell/item that's the anchor teaser item where the intent is by KI is to require overreaching amounts of excess spending to *hope* to get said spell/item. This system causes some insane disparities with the player base that essentially creates a nasty wealth(or lack thereof) caste system where one player that has unbarred access to money can drop a rack or more on crowns and likely get said spell/item(or worse in the other direction drop a rack or more and not even get that core item) and another player that only bought one pack and got the core spell/item(regardless of ability to drop obscene amounts of money or not) or being just altogether priced out of the ability to get packs in to get the spell/item in this system.]**

It's no secret after all these years that KI in how they monetize the game has generated such hate and vitriolic resentment towards them harbored by much of the community over the years because of much of this main monetization practice. A more creative and positively structured monetization system would break this terrible cycle and encourage more engagement and participation in the game and the content and events, and not continue this toxic cycle of defeating and alienating their own player base from their loved product and them as a company. People love this game and we WANT TO SUPPORT IT, but nobody genuinely likes HOW KI continues to monetize in this format, and refusing to evolve in this aspect it just further compounding the resentment.

We now have the Scroll of Fortune which would be an excellent way to intro a new school spell and have that be the final reward when they bring in those new spells and just migrate the teleport effect down a placement or two. This would greatly increase Scroll purchase/participation and and thus more in game event participation. This way you can actually *positively earn* towards new spells they want to use for monetization rather than feeling angry/unhappy/bitter/defeated/etc. by this format that promotes unhealthy behaviors, creating new gambling addicts, and a base that increasingly becomes more divested from the game we love & enjoy. This gets people energized and excited and motivated with a goal and spending money to support the game by playing the game/events/content, most importantly it's ACCESSIBLE, and you have that ultimate goal to achieve with your community. KI would have a MUCH more well received format from the player base to monetize maintaining, further development, revamps of Wiz101 as it continues to grow and evolve.