Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening FPS bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Does anyone else have a problem with their fps when gardening?

I have played this game for a long time, maybe across the span of 8 years now, but I have only encountered this bug within the last few months. Whenever I casts a 'large area of effect spell' for example, Monsoon, my computers fps hits the floor for a while. Now I do not know why and I certainly know my computer easily has the specs to satisfy the graphical needs of this game.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do I fix it; if not, how can I report this bug so it gets resolved. On the worst of days this fps bug causes my game to freeze.

Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Yes,

This has been occurring for a few years now.

It's of course frequent when you have just returned to check on your plants after many hours.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Abmos3 on Aug 9, 2020 wrote:

I have played this game for a long time, maybe across the span of 8 years now, but I have only encountered this bug within the last few months. Whenever I casts a 'large area of effect spell' for example, Monsoon, my computers fps hits the floor for a while. Now I do not know why and I certainly know my computer easily has the specs to satisfy the graphical needs of this game.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do I fix it; if not, how can I report this bug so it gets resolved. On the worst of days this fps bug causes my game to freeze.

Thanks!
It has recently started happening to me.

I ascribed to having too many plants growing.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Abmos3 on Aug 9, 2020 wrote:

Thanks!
I have had this issue for a long time. I have seen mine lock up for 10-15 minutes or more to the point I have to hit the "X" in the corner to get out of the game then log back in and try again.

The only thing that seems to help is to use a single 3 pip spell on one of the plants FIRST. It is not a cure all but it does help when casting the large area spells.