Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Servers with more difficult enemies.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2008
I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement (since I'm not a programmer) but some players would like more challenging enemies so it would be kinda cool to have servers that have more challenging enemies

(maybe more health or harder cheats.)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Haixo

Lets entertain this idea for a moment... A "Challenge mode" in which you are facing monsters with increased difficulties would be an interesting concept however this would not really fit the MMORPG feel that we have come to grow and love. Look at the different games that attempted this before (DOFUS/PSO2/EQ2/EQ/MOBA games (LoL, Smite etc) I mean the list goes on with regards to games that attempted to mix MMORPG with the MOBA concept for "Challenges". If this were to become a reality then we would have to look at the stand point that we are sitting at lv 130 and we would have to draw the line to what level challenge mode would either demote us to or would they have to raise the cap further (finishing arc 4 to lv say 200) before they could even attempt to introduce such a concept. PVP arena itself is its own "Challenge mode" given that you are faced with an unknown matching system with tourneys being the forefront to earning arena tickets for "participation trophies" while Beastmoon and Deckacathalons are good for side fun Beastmoon gives you that MOBA feel without the constant defermation and language that is typically born out of it (Quake Reminders?!?)

Reverie had quite a bit of the "Challenge" ask Awesomesauce/Blaze Lifehammer/Kestral/ Etc... they can all tell you that skeleton key bosses/Fight Club/ and other related content PvE wise is certainly a test of "challenge" and im sure most of our community would agree with me that "Renegade Druid" is one of those Challenges that you love to hate. (Sorry Wizgirl, your streams are a little too anti W101 for any real positive draw to your channel)

I think from a programming standpoint the potential is there; but why provide harder content when people are asking about trivial things during this "unprecedented time in history" ( as quoted by a dear friend poster of mine said in their post on the general discussion boards) Right now our focus needs to be the challenge to start arc 4 before the community begins to riot from all the lack of content they are experiencing lately; Pirate 101 as demonstrated by another streamer is basically stopping all "Book" related content and so we are left with the KI's firstborn child that you are posting on as we speak.

Maybe challenge mode and progression servers may become a thing; but honestly we need to truly look as a community and determine do we truly want to follow suit and poison the originality that drew us to this game to begin with?

Defender
May 11, 2013
Haix0 on Aug 9, 2020 wrote:
I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement (since I'm not a programmer) but some players would like more challenging enemies so it would be kinda cool to have servers that have more challenging enemies

(maybe more health or harder cheats.)
Want more of a challenge take off the gear that is the best you can get, take off your pet, better yet don't use gear at all, also go in the battle solo, no blade stacking allowed, If you die you delete the character and start over. Still not enough for you? Well then play the entire game solo, with no gear at all and no one else allowed to assist, if someone joins your duel you have to flee and start the battle over, Bonus no Potions allowed.

Why people in every MMO, ask for the devs to solve a problem that they can fix by removing gear is beyond me.