Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bugfix & Optimization Update

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I think Wizard101 needs an update of just bugfixes and optimization. Nothing else. Just fix bugs and optimize the game and its servers.

As much as I think the outrage train around the Spring and Summer updates is absolutely ridiculous, I have to admit they didn't add anything I ever asked for. I would much rather have an update solely dedicated to bugfixing than to clutter like playing as my pet.

KI is clearly worried about how newer players will view their game in 2020, seeing the texture/model updates. But I think new players would be much more worried about the models not even animating, the quest helper not pointing, battles randomly switching camera mode and then making you pass, discarding a card making the game freeze for seconds on end, someone fleeing freezing the game for a full turn, the game softlocking randomly when entering some areas, and more!

I put up with it a lot, since I'm a veteran player and so I'm willing to put up with a lot, but it seems like it's getting worse and worse, fast. Like, for example, when I was a kid I kind of accepted that the turn ended when the timer got to 2 or 3, not 0. But nowadays it's usually around 7 or 8! And I know it's not a problem on my end, I have an above average internet speed, and not to mention, I don't have this issue playing Pirate101.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
what about gardens? will they be effected?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2018
This should really be implemented as the next to do thing.

I have a top end gaming desktop that I built 2 months ago, and I'm still having frame drops in most of the areas of the game.

There's clearly some room for improvement. Either it's the engine that's faulty or there's a bigger need for 64 bit client.

A 64 bit client would allow the game to have a better performance.

Just take a look at some reviews on LOTRO for when they changed to a 64 bit client. The performance improved A LOT!

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
It's kind of really ridiculous that my game will freeze at all when playing this 12 year old game, let alone as often as it does.