Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing access temporarily suspended to resolve an issue

AuthorMessage
Administrator
scarlet unicornblo... on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
thank gosh my plants will be alright!
Unless they have pests, that might be an issue you'll want to deal with once you can log back in (which you can now).

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Thanks for the updates

Survivor
May 23, 2009
@Sparck Is there a list or anything we can look at to see what the bugs/glitches were that have been worked on during the downtime?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Sparck on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
UPDATE: You should now have access to your houses once again. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve an issue.

-----------
Wizards,

We’ve discovered an infestation concern with houses that is going to require a game update.

In order to properly fumigate the bugs out of your houses though, we’ll need to temporarily close access to them. We will let you know as soon as access is restored once a game update can be released asap.

Plants will be fine during the time you are locked out of your house.

Please keep watch on this announcement for new information.
Glad it's fixed!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
the loading page says the housing area is still down

Survivor
Oct 09, 2014
So I don't believe KI will tell you what bug was. But I read a article in which an exploit was being used by some players at houses to create unintended and unfair advantage for people especially in PVP. I won't go in detail on this but it has appaerently gotten to a point in which it needed to be addressed and fixed.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
UPDATE: You should now have access to your houses once again. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve an issue.

-----------
Wizards,

We’ve discovered an infestation concern with houses that is going to require a game update.

In order to properly fumigate the bugs out of your houses though, we’ll need to temporarily close access to them. We will let you know as soon as access is restored once a game update can be released asap.

How long will players won't be able to access their castles & dorms?

Sincerely,
Taylor Life Blade - Level 88

Administrator
DarkNiteAZ on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
So I don't believe KI will tell you what bug was. But I read a article in which an exploit was being used by some players at houses to create unintended and unfair advantage for people especially in PVP. I won't go in detail on this but it has appaerently gotten to a point in which it needed to be addressed and fixed.
It wasn't an exploit. We had a concern over the integrity of certain housing items, and had to take action now before the situation grew into a real problem.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2013

-----------
Wizards,

can you people please add an Shared bank option FOR TREASURE CARDS its been 12 years people come on now You guys can nerf pvp, spells and wizards looks which where all not good nerfs but not add a shared bank option for TREASURE CARDS please so do ASAP

Survivor
Jan 27, 2017
Would be nice if you would reimburse the day of membership we wasted.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2020
I thought y'all said plants would be safe, all my plants were fine when i went offline wednesday, but today 4 were in progress to dead, thanks for the LIE!!!!!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
"Plants will be fine"
my couch potatoes died because i was locked out of my house... rip

Survivor
Jun 23, 2015
I couldn't get back on after the housing closed until today and half my plants wilted... I've been on everyday to garden... all my plants were mature and ready for harvest... feels bad man

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
I agree, I believe that we need to have access to our bank without being forced to visit our homes, for the sake of instances like this.

Defender
May 31, 2009
decadelifewiz on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
I didn't mean to type in all caps but i wanted to say that my plants were NOT fine they were WILTED.
Am not sure you are aware how "needs" work. If your plants were dying it means that when you last visited them you didn't take care of all their needs. Plants age while you are away from them but they never die between your visits unless you leave them with pests or other needs. I know this for a fact because I have many, MANY plots around my houses and sometimes it will be MONTHS between visits. So long as I water them / put magic / take care of bees, etc before I leave the house, it can be YEARS between visits and they won't be dead.

Worth noting, though - if you even if it's a long, long time between visits, they will only go to the next level in your absence. So if you just plant them and come back a long time later, they will have needs but only be at Young. Leave again for a long time and they'll be at Mature, ready to be taken care of. Once they are on their way to elder, you're good to go! Mind you, since you aren't taking care of their needs their growth will be slow AND you'll miss out on some harvests.

For all the reasons above I place my garden's one teleporter hop from my main house. I don't want to accidentally visit a plot without having the energy to take care of all the needs so I put them in places I wouldn't otherwise visit.

Looks like you've been playing this game for a while so I'm sure that you probably already know all this but worth mentioning for those who might not.

Regardless, sorry to hear your plants died. Hate it when that happens.

Casp

Survivor
May 22, 2020
DarkNiteAZ on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
Still want to know what it was, unless you’re talking about the rare treasure card with the castle magic

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
This gives me an idea, why not just let people access shared bank in the spell book?
Even make it cost like 20k crowns

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
supercooldude239 on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
This gives me an idea, why not just let people access shared bank in the spell book?
Even make it cost like 20k crowns
20,000 crowns to access the bank from the spell book when one can do it for free within the comfort of their own home?

Temporarily relocating the bank to a common area accessible by every player as suggested throughout this thread (not within a members area) is a much better idea.