Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jester's Motley and similar robes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
Hello guys, I just wanted to talk about the Jester's Motley (Robe) and variations like the one from Hidden Boss Smogger in Marleybone, that I really like and use for all my wizards. Since the update the robe is different. I understand the change is needed, that is improving the graphics. But like the change is not so great, you can see from the below links that the details were better on the "old" robe and that belt and the borders were dark brown.

The new one is too much "babyfied" (as many other things in the game). The borders and belt are too light, almost golden which doesn't match with all colors, especially my beautiful Purple and also the details of the folds on the robe, especially on the cape, like it's all gone.

So of course yes improve the graphics, we all want that, but don't change the details that we already loved so much please. This robe was fine the way it was. So if you could do something make it look very close to the original robe, or at least make gears even more customizable like more colors, and to be able to edit every part of the gear's color (like the borders and stuff) or just do both, that would be amazing and you'd have my eternal love and gratitude

Below are the links to pictures of the robes, before and after update:

Before update: https://gyazo.com/3c50a7641b3667ca2f2131cb278f14c4
After Update: https://gyazo.com/726356daa6375a0054d07086d5c22a79

Thank you.

Michael ThunderBlood - Level 92

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I agree with you . After looking at the pictures, the details are much better on the original robe. Hope they can change it back for you.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
I agree! It's missing a lot of the folds on the front/back of the cape. The rope color was also a lot more subdued so that it wasn't distracting. Please get rid of the beige color riddled throughout the re-textured robe. Have it back to matching or not distracting the robe color like before. The small detail like the braids for the v shape towards the top on the front of the robe is gone now too. Please bring back the folds, coloring, and other small details that were lost. These were my favorite parts of the robe. Now it just feels beyond basic without any of the personality it once had.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
Davidfire school on Jul 30, 2020 wrote:
I agree with you . After looking at the pictures, the details are much better on the original robe. Hope they can change it back for you.
Thank you