Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Models Need Tweaking

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I've seen quite a few decent looking female faces/looks but as for the male side, everything is pretty meh.

I honestly think that most of the issue with male faces is the eyes, they're too large, especially the size of the iris/pupil.

I can't speak for everyone but the lack of decent looking, non-creepy options really makes me less motivated to play when one update ago I was perfectly happy with the options I chose, but now I can spend hours at the magic mirror and never find a look I'm actually satisfied with.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
I don't mind people expressing themselves and having more feminine options for guys to have for their looks. However, with this new update they redid all the faces and made them all too feminine. There is not a single face in the game where I feel like I am masculine or that I am even a boy on Wizard101. My characters feel like my older sister did a makeover on me and there was nothing I could do about it. If you aren't going to revert the faces, please add more masculine options so I can feel like I am still included in the game.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Same for the female players. ALL of my wizards faces changed to have the same exact features except their skin and eye colors are all different. VERY disappointing!

Survivor
Nov 20, 2016
I contacted support and was just sent a link to here so I'll copy and paste my support ticket.

With the new textures for characters, my character's mouth is always open. I can always see his teeth. I have gone to the magic mirror and played with all the mouth styles and all of them make his mouth open. I then changed my wand and realized that his mouth suddenly closed. I put the old wand back on and his mouth opens. So I think there is a bug with the "Borealis Icecrystal Artifact" wand. I have that wand stitched and I'm using it as the vanity item and when I take it off his mouth is normal. I tested this with another character using a different wand that also has the same style as the "Boreaslis Icecrystal Artifact" and also made the mouth open. Also, whenever you hold a wand that is like the "Borealis Icecrystal Artifact", one where it floats above your right hand, the left hand sticks out really far to the left and it looks unnatural and strange and I feel like it should be redone, assuming its not a bug.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
I really don't like the dumb grins and bigger eyes all my wizards seem to have now. Why should I have to spend crowns to try to just look normal again? I don't like it, I don't like it.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
NightPoe on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
I really don't like the dumb grins and bigger eyes all my wizards seem to have now. Why should I have to spend crowns to try to just look normal again? I don't like it, I don't like it.
At the moment my wizards are only spending gold in the magic mirror shop.

I find the eyes all to be pretty creepy on my male characters, and only slightly less disturbing on the female ones. They all look demented, as if they are all going slightly mad. The eyebrows in particular freak me out, over those googly eyes everyone now has.

I wish we could have opted to keep our original faces.