Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Problem with Mounts with Stats

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I've noticed that with the recent Flash Hoard sale people are buying more packs to get the Ghulture mount for their appropriate school boost, and while I'm not going to comment on people buying packs, I do think that this is a serious problem concerning the monetization of the game.

I'm just going to be outright and say that stats don't belong on mounts, but if stats are going to be on mounts then there needs to be a way to implement them on other mounts. I personally would much rather be using my Bone Dragon mount or my Magic Carpet mount that I've had since 2011. Releasing exclusive mounts that have stats on them that are required just to have the best stats is not the way to go. Especially since with the current pack system, buying packs is basically throwing away money because of the lack of a token system of some sort.

Instead of assigning damage stats to only 2 mounts in the game why not make all "premium" bundle or pack mounts have assignable stats? Or at the very least make the Ghulture mounts a possible drop from the Ghulture boss in mirage.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Life is full of choices... You either want to use those old but cool mounts or you want to use a mount with stats. that being said, it would be cool to be able to add a jewel slot to the mounts.