Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Global Control+ Sanctuary pip cost.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
First I wanna start by saying yes am still currently retired, and while this has nothing to do with the subject, I just want you to know I still care about wiz and most importantly I care about the direction of future pvp.

With that being said, lets talk about a topic that hasn't been talked on lately. Considering no one really had a problem until I realize it has become a problem. Bubble control wars has become the main trend of max pvp, specifically.

What I noticed, using sanctuary as a prime example is that, the pip cost valued at 3 for some reason or another has always been countered easily by 2 pip valued control global spell. The main issue with this, is pip expenditure, that causes some what a conflict task for the caster which has to end up spending 3 more pips if they want bubble control, only for it to be change again for the exact 2 pip value.

So in a situation if both players had 5 pips at max( 2 power pip 1 reg pip) IF player 1 uses sanctuary for 3 pips(1 power pip 1 reg) they would be left with 1 power pip. As the dial switches over to player 2 player one then recieves 1 power pip giving them 4 pip. Player 2 can now easily change that for 2 pip, which would essentially allow them to retain all 5 pips, since they will be getting a power pip back. Player 1 would then have to spend those 4 pips to switch back which would make them easily run out of pips. So in this scenario you can clearly see this creates an unfair situation for player 1. So sanctuary pip cost vs all other schools should go down to 2 and not 3.

Now lets talk 4 pip global. While not as hyped in usefulness as 2 pip giving that most other than doom and sanctuary gives damage, 4 pip spells are still viable. As with my explanation on sanctuary i realize that all 4 pip global control spells should have a special condition in which they cannot be changed by a 2 pip global spell. This would make the 4 pip expenditure valuable and fair. Its highly unfair to pay 4 pip for control global spell to be changed by a 2 pip one.

So if you can Mr. Spark, take this one up to the devs because this has a huge impact towards pvp.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Why are you using Sanctuary to fight a damage global? Why are you casting the Sanctuary well before they even do their setup? Also if the Sanctuary gets taken down to 2 pips then I want doom at 2 pips, why should I have to spend 3 pips for doom when the Sanctuary can do it for 2 ( if this change went in ) ALSO you did not "Notice" this. It has always been in PvP, just because people don't talk about how they play does not mean they "did not know" It is called, or was at least in Age 2 PvP "The Global War"

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Why are you using Sanctuary to fight a damage global? Why are you casting the Sanctuary well before they even do their setup? Also if the Sanctuary gets taken down to 2 pips then I want doom at 2 pips, why should I have to spend 3 pips for doom when the Sanctuary can do it for 2 ( if this change went in ) ALSO you did not "Notice" this. It has always been in PvP, just because people don't talk about how they play does not mean they "did not know" It is called, or was at least in Age 2 PvP "The Global War"
Doom and gloom is 2 pips. LIfe doesn't have options of a 2 pip bubble control. I think you should do a bit or research before coming to present your case.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Jul 20, 2020 wrote:
Doom and gloom is 2 pips. LIfe doesn't have options of a 2 pip bubble control. I think you should do a bit or research before coming to present your case.
Oh well it may be 2 pips but eh you are still the most whiny toxic player on the game :P.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Jul 22, 2020 wrote:
Oh well it may be 2 pips but eh you are still the most whiny toxic player on the game :P.
Just because am asking for a fair trade off ,to keep max life viable without having to rely on jading? in a meta where life is severely struggling against one shot scion users? if that makes me whiny, then you are ignorant of comprehending your ability to embrace your own ignorance.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:
Just because am asking for a fair trade off ,to keep max life viable without having to rely on jading? in a meta where life is severely struggling against one shot scion users? if that makes me whiny, then you are ignorant of comprehending your ability to embrace your own ignorance.
No, because you complain about everything to do with anything. Also if you are going to call someone stupid, do it no need to be nice about it :) that being said "Getting one shot" is a Learn to Play issue, you just don't want to use the counter the game provides, in short Get good and stop crying.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
angellifeheart on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:
lol but jade is way too strong right now and by making sanctuary 2 pips it will just make jade even more op.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Travis GiantTalon on Jul 27, 2020 wrote:
lol but jade is way too strong right now and by making sanctuary 2 pips it will just make jade even more op.
This is the fundamental problem, jades don't do damage they have a different play style. Some of us don't agree with this stalling strategy, heal spamming concept but its just apart of the game as one shotting scions or high offensive play style. Not everyone plays offensive. Do i feel immune strategies are bad for pvp ofc! why? because there is no relatively real way other than going for a one shot that can damage jades with enormous pierce. Therefore people see this as unfun but who fault is that entirely? certainly not the players who are literally buying pay to win items.
I think we are well aware of what is going on, but this should not make it seem that just because jades exist, offensive life wizards aren't worth the adjustments.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Jul 26, 2020 wrote:
No, because you complain about everything to do with anything. Also if you are going to call someone stupid, do it no need to be nice about it :) that being said "Getting one shot" is a Learn to Play issue, you just don't want to use the counter the game provides, in short Get good and stop crying.
No need, it tends to end up fixing itself. If "Getting one shot" is a learn to play issue, then there was no absolute reason that shadow spells needed to be re balance, that they was absolutely no reason they were an issue in max pvp. I have many counter strategies to shrike now that ever before, that still doesn't mean its not a fundamental problem. Its obvious were heading into a power creep imbalance.

When resist changes are finally dealt with and shrike gets ban or adjusted in pvp, ill be looking forward to all the self proclaim good players of pvp once am done maxing this