Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ice Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Hi all!

I first want to apologize if anything in this message reads as rude, as that's not my intent (hopefully I'm just paranoid about my writing).

I'm an on & off casual player, who mains Ice. Haven't maxed out a wizard yet. But, I just learned the about new Ice spell, and I'm a little confused, and I'm questioning if there's some mal intent towards the school...

The spell is iconic (I believe) cause it's the first Ice healing spell ever. Which is a cool plus, and the mechanics of it are definitely Ice-flavored and I love that aspect. It was debuted along with three other spells that are cool, new, flashy, & useable (in solo play, at least). But, the Ice one...

… am I missing something? Is it really as trash (well, that's a nice way of describing it) as I'm reading it? Is it legitimately a 4-pip self-heal for 300 health with a HUGE drawback (sacrificing three shields)? Or - and I hope this the reason - am I pulling a noob and missing something that's making me grossly misunderstand its utility?

Thanks in advance, fellow Wizards!

Snow Lands on Top,
Talon Silverpetal

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
The spell does seem weird to be honest, in terms of effectiveness. The healing is pretty mediocre considering the set-up and the fact that any of those shields will probably save you more health than sacrificing them to heal will.

Edit: Actually, I change my mind. I didn't realize that it also counted traps to pay the cost. This is actually a pretty decent spell.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
One thing about thamaturges is our unique ability to build shields.

But, to have a school based healing spell centered around this is extremely odd.
Again, interesting concept, but just a poor execution.

On top of that, the spell is four pips and with the mechanic of only substituting a shield for 100 heal?
Spells such as Pixie and Satyr triumphs

How would this spell be useful in a situation requiring desperate healing?

Revision is desperately needed.

On the other hand, the other spells seem very welcoming though, especially death's!

Also very grateful for KI finally rewarding sorcerers with a spiritual version of spectral blast!
Damage may be a bit too high though?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm hoping other alternatives will be made to obtain these spells.

We have suffered enough behind spells being locked behind paywalls, spending for spellments isn't much different.