Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizard Strategy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Hello everyone. I need some advise and I hope I'm in the right place for it. I have started a Balance wizard and was wondering how to play this wizard offensively. As of now I have no strategy. I'm lvl 19 with 6 tp. Any comments and/or advise would be much appreciated. Happy Gaming.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Hi! Balance main here. Balance was my first school through the game so I definitely had some struggles with playing a school that is supposed to be supportive offensively. I would say learning feint from the death school as soon as you reach the level it's available would help IMMENSELY. For now, treasure card feints or pet/gear feints if you have them should work. Speaking of pets, while other schools having a good pet may be optional at low levels, balance virtually requires a good pet. Since your damage is fairly lackluster, getting damage from gear and pets is essential. I'd recommend A full damage pet with spell proof (and maybe defy if you're someone who likes resist, otherwise just do damage) will help SO much with offensive play. Preferably, if you can get a balance pet with those traits that has a balance AOE that hits for non-balance damage (e.g., a Harpy pet, Snappy Gryphon, etc) that'll help a ton against balance mobs and bosses until you can get Nested Fury at level 118 (a long way away haha). Any treasure card or pet/gear blades will also help with damage. Balance is definitely going to rely on blade and trap stacking to get good damage, but once you figure out a system that works for you, you should be good. Best of luck!
130 130 104 75 72 57 10

Survivor
Mar 20, 2020
Here's a deck suggestion for when you get to level 28 and get judgement which is not that far away depending on how much time you have.

For regular street mobs:

2 Balance blade
1 bladestorm

1 sandstorm
2 judgement
1 reshuffle

-You could also do hex but that would take extra turns

for bosses after you get judgement:

2 balance blade (tcs as well)

1 bladestorm
2-3 judgment
sandstorm (you may not need this with the judgement)

1 feint (tcs as well) (place on boss)

1 hex (place on boss)

1 tower shield (you should train in tower shield and feint, but no further in those schools)

1-2 helping hands/pixie
pet feints and blades also help

-My point is getting to level 28 to get judgement and building the right deck is going to help you play offensively. It shouldn't be too hard to get to level 28 from where you are.
-I recommend you don't play with a full deck; you won't find what you need. The smaller and simpler the better.

-tower shields are used by bosses/monsters and become a problem later on, so steal ward or pierce treasure cards work well.

-also get gear that gives high balance damage

im going on a tangent here but when you get RA and power nova later on I would say for regular street mobs:

1 damage aura (not the 20% critical one. You are not guaranteed to get a critical)

1 ra

1 sandstorm
1 powernova

2 balanceblade (if they stack thats even better)
1 bladestorm (optional)
3 damage enchants for each of the attacks above (collosal, gargantuan etc)

- I never use reshuffle at this level

-you don't need shields or heals for regular street mobs.

I know that this wasn't what you were asking for because you are at level 19 and you need advice for the moment but getting to level 28 and getting judgement is your best bet.

However, since you're asking for help at level 19 if I were you for regular street mobs in Krok I would do:
1 balance blade
2 hex
1 sandstorm
2 wand hits
1 reshuffle (I believe you can get this at level 20 from the secret trainer in colossus boulevard)

For bosses in krok

2 balance blade (including tc)
2 hex (including tc)
1 sand storm
1 blade storm
2 locust swarm/scorpion
1 pixie
and a feint if you have it by this level

Literally all you need is a starter deck for most of this
I still use a starter deck for street mobs in Azteca on my storm

For balance street mobs you could probably do the same as above just get good damage on your gear and you'll be fine

For balance bosses in krok (maybe marleybone too)

2 balance blade
1-2 elemental blade
1 elemental trap

1-2 hex
1 feint
2-3 spectral blast
1 tower shield
1 pixie/helping hands

and you can use some other spell like sandstorm or locust swarm to take care of the minion

people are gonna be thinking why only one tower shield and pixie? And the answer is: Thats (usually) all I really need as a STORM with low health in AZTECA so you shouldn't have a problem in marleybone and krok.

essentially the strategy is shield first turn if you can and stack blades and traps and then hit. Also what I think is better than towershield is using the school specific shield of the school of the boss you are fighting.

Good luck!