Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf All Life Heals(Damage compensation)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
As the subject states I proposed a nerf to all life heals, to compensate for damage buffs and utility changes.
Nerf Satyr from 860 to 650
Nerf Pigsie from 550 to 450
Nerf Rebirth from 650 to 550
Nerf Dryad from 200 per pip to 160 per pip
Nerf Fairy from 420 to 300.

1.Change scion of life from 1100 heal to 1100 damage x2 if your health is higher than the opponent.

2.Change wings of fate to an Aoe of 700 base damage remove heal and dot.

3.Change King art into a dot that does 50+750 over 3 rounds. Gives 10% pierce+ 10% boost-Guiding light.

4.Change Goat monk into a damage over time that does 50+520 over 3 rounds

5.Implement a trainable 2 pip life bubble that gives 25% damage increase through the Arcane scholar Life professor.

Change spirit armor pip cost to 0 spell only tc remains the same at 3 pip cost.

Change Guardian Spirit from revive to a 700 heal to self + Sanctuary.

These are some of the key changes in buff to damage for heal nerf compensation.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Are you proposing that heals change for PvP only? I don't think that's preferred by KI. Are you intending to reduce enemy damage across the board too?
I don't like the proposal for the new life scion. It seems like it's just a better ice scion.
I definitely don't like them being able to spam spirit armor indefinitely. That would make lower level PvP absolutely awful.
5 is good, but Death and maybe Balance should get the same treatment.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 28, 2020 wrote:
As the subject states I proposed a nerf to all life heals, to compensate for damage buffs and utility changes.
Nerf Satyr from 860 to 650
Nerf Pigsie from 550 to 450
Nerf Rebirth from 650 to 550
Nerf Dryad from 200 per pip to 160 per pip
Nerf Fairy from 420 to 300.

1.Change scion of life from 1100 heal to 1100 damage x2 if your health is higher than the opponent.

2.Change wings of fate to an Aoe of 700 base damage remove heal and dot.

3.Change King art into a dot that does 50+750 over 3 rounds. Gives 10% pierce+ 10% boost-Guiding light.

4.Change Goat monk into a damage over time that does 50+520 over 3 rounds

5.Implement a trainable 2 pip life bubble that gives 25% damage increase through the Arcane scholar Life professor.

Change spirit armor pip cost to 0 spell only tc remains the same at 3 pip cost.

Change Guardian Spirit from revive to a 700 heal to self + Sanctuary.

These are some of the key changes in buff to damage for heal nerf compensation.
In the 3rd arc and going forward, these kinds of nerfs would make life school and spells virtually useless.

But since there has been a call for an ALL spell audit, it would not surprise me in the least to see a lot of this happening.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Yeah I really don't think heals themselves should get nerfed, maybe crits should because it's a lil ridiculous but the spells themselves are fine

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Now you want to nerf Life wizards; the main purpose to heal? Why not take life out of the game then because no one will want to play it. What will be next Storm or fire? Why not nerf all the schools to make PVP an easier play. Right? I'll say no more.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
JewelKI on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Yeah I really don't think heals themselves should get nerfed, maybe crits should because it's a lil ridiculous but the spells themselves are fine
Crit rating has dropped considerably already since it was nerfed a while back. I don't crit on heals anymore and rarely on damage hits.

But, I don't think heals should be nerfed either. Other than I do agree that changing Scion of life to a Damage spell would be more beneficial than another heal.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Robobot1747 on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
Are you proposing that heals change for PvP only? I don't think that's preferred by KI. Are you intending to reduce enemy damage across the board too?
I don't like the proposal for the new life scion. It seems like it's just a better ice scion.
I definitely don't like them being able to spam spirit armor indefinitely. That would make lower level PvP absolutely awful.
Its a pvp section isn't it? Better ice scion yea? and so what? you have a problem with it? then keep the heal.
Did you forgot life are also tanks? 500 absorb being spam is nothing in comparison to a tower shield spammer so lets be real here. Yes I do agree also with death and balance getting bubble damage control.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Critical are fine and was never an issue. Removing critical from heals would def put life in dangerous position that it already is in pvp. Just imagine taking 4000 damage and only heal for 1000 or being able to recover 3000 of the 4000. Life are also tank class like ice and people literally forget that. So if we are going to move into a more offensive role then its only fair that all class gets the same opportunity of doing so while sacrificing other major stats like resist for example.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
No.

That's all i can really say.

Just No.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2019
I hope you're not serious about this post.

You, in particular, are the people that KI unfortunately listens to. It's ridiculous suggestions like this that causes everyone else to suffer.

You do realize that the point of the Life class is to be support, right? The entire basis of the class runs on the ability to heal other players and yourself. If you nerf the support class, all the other systems and structures fall apart as a result. Without substantial heals, players aren't able to keep themselves and their teams alive. You are negating an entire part of the game simply because you are angry at the fact they are nerfing the most powerful spells in the game. And your suggestion is to nerf an entire group of wizards? Please.

PVP is not and never will be the central point of the game. It just won't. Don't suggest making everyone else suffer because you're mad that you won't be able to attack at the amount of damage you were doing before.

P.S. You are a storm main. You want a class of wizards that you rely on to stay alive to get nerfed? I really want to see how well that works out for you.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
angellifeheart on Jul 2, 2020 wrote:
Its a pvp section isn't it? Better ice scion yea? and so what? you have a problem with it? then keep the heal.
Did you forgot life are also tanks? 500 absorb being spam is nothing in comparison to a tower shield spammer so lets be real here. Yes I do agree also with death and balance getting bubble damage control.
I do have a problem with that. Every other scion has a relatively unique trigger condition. Why does Life get one that's basically a better Ice scion 90% of the time? It seems redundant. I'd make the trigger condition something about actively healing rather than just have higher health, like doing double damage if you have a heal over time or cast a heal last round.
Spirit armor is trainable at level 16. I think that a 500 absorb for 0 pips is waaaay too good at that level.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
As a healer for a team in PvE.....I vote no on heal nerfs.

However, as spellements continue to manifest, you might suggest more damage trees on previous heal spells to get more use out of them instead of "just" healing.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Robobot1747 on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
No I propose nerfing heals across the board for damage compensation. I don't think i should be force to play a hitting school when life is capable of hitting themsevles. With 142 damage and 80% critical with my pve set up am able to hit as hard as any other school with sufficient blading or frenzy aura.

Also am not sure if u knew this but life technically suppose to have better damage out put than life for its lack of defensive utility. Life depends solely on heals that cost too much pips for follow up esp in pvp. Matches vs Balance creates a very unfair situation for life players. Esp when balance goes aggressive and basically strips away your ability to heal and hit with mana burn.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
DragonLady1818 on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
In the 3rd arc and going forward, these kinds of nerfs would make life school and spells virtually useless.

But since there has been a call for an ALL spell audit, it would not surprise me in the least to see a lot of this happening.
Not necessarily the nerfs am suggesting aren't a heavy nerf and are basically balance out with incoming and outgoing. Out going is mainly focus on team healing and one can go a critical path healing and be twice as effective than a jade healer.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Critical is necessary for all schools even life. Am fine with that part, its life lack of offensive and always being left out of the meta with newer spells than can shift life into a better position is whats bothering me. Now currently sitting at last place in the meta in terms of offensiveness really puts a dagger in life consistency to deal damage, esp when most schools now can easily obtain 60+ resistance. Its like k i is begging life to just go straight tank+ healing stall strategy on offensive users.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Now you want to nerf Life wizards; the main purpose to heal? Why not take life out of the game then because no one will want to play it. What will be next Storm or fire? Why not nerf all the schools to make PVP an easier play. Right? I'll say no more.
Again what your stating is just a contradiction itself. The schools don't have real purpose, the players give them purpose and makes the school adapt to however they wish to play it, hence school diversity. I understand the developers idea to bring back school unique, but that can only go so far towards balancing. Right now clearly every class have a better offensive output than life in pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
DragonLady1818 on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Crit rating has dropped considerably already since it was nerfed a while back. I don't crit on heals anymore and rarely on damage hits.

But, I don't think heals should be nerfed either. Other than I do agree that changing Scion of life to a Damage spell would be more beneficial than another heal.
In pvp yes, but you can get max critical as life with a full critical pet and have 130% damage. Your outgoing healing will also be around 50% which is really good. So therefore, your healing is immensely increase by 2.75 and that's not even considering utilities such as sanctuary, guiding light or cycle of life. I heal for 6k on pigsie and 8k on rebirth

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Robobot1747 on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
I do have a problem with that. Every other scion has a relatively unique trigger condition. Why does Life get one that's basically a better Ice scion 90% of the time? It seems redundant. I'd make the trigger condition something about actively healing rather than just have higher health, like doing double damage if you have a heal over time or cast a heal last round.
Spirit armor is trainable at level 16. I think that a 500 absorb for 0 pips is waaaay too good at that level.
Every scion does have a unique condition, some better than others, myth being the best one. So maybe a condition that's easier than all can apply to life scion for its lack of damage out put. Myth scion should be countered by if the open has a stun block on. 500 absorb may sound like a lot but at max level its practically a waste of 3 pips. At lower levels pierce spell is obtainable through tc so i don't really see it as a big issue, but at the same time i can see where your coming from.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
mythicalitea on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
I hope you're not serious about this post.

You, in particular, are the people that KI unfortunately listens to. It's ridiculous suggestions like this that causes everyone else to suffer.

You do realize that the point of the Life class is to be support, right? The entire basis of the class runs on the ability to heal other players and yourself. If you nerf the support class, all the other systems and structures fall apart as a result. Without substantial heals, players aren't able to keep themselves and their teams alive. You are negating an entire part of the game simply because you are angry at the fact they are nerfing the most powerful spells in the game. And your suggestion is to nerf an entire group of wizards? Please.

PVP is not and never will be the central point of the game. It just won't. Don't suggest making everyone else suffer because you're mad that you won't be able to attack at the amount of damage you were doing before.

P.S. You are a storm main. You want a class of wizards that you rely on to stay alive to get nerfed? I really want to see how well that works out for you.
I serious as i can be. I'm a storm main but i play every school so am not entirely bias around school balancing.In your reference to life being a sup first/ hitter after, ill have to agree to disagree to that one. Life has more hits than heals and has damage potentials. You can go a full jade path, a critical damage pets with good outgoing healing or more outgoing less damage with moderate critical. So that entire life being a supporting class logic kind of went out the window after rebirth was the last spell life gotten at level 47. Everything after than was purely hits.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Oran of Urz on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
As a healer for a team in PvE.....I vote no on heal nerfs.

However, as spellements continue to manifest, you might suggest more damage trees on previous heal spells to get more use out of them instead of "just" healing.
Spellements are pay to win concepts and i don't fully support that logic. Id rather hits doing some form of better effects , whether its giving some type of global control etc. Spellements shift real value of spells and adds pip values to them making them cost more.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fred Frost on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
Thats a strong no from me
An explanation other than the bias claim of life being only a supporting role would be much appreciated, just saying no has zero credibility.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mirandaassassin II on Jul 2, 2020 wrote:
No.

That's all i can really say.

Just No.
just saying no has zero credibility, so an explanation would be appreciated as long as its not backed up by bias claims.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
If KI nerfs my life spells, my further investment in wizard101 would cease.
I've had many breaks over the years since 2009. Nerfing life spells would be my final break.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
angellifeheart on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
In pvp yes, but you can get max critical as life with a full critical pet and have 130% damage. Your outgoing healing will also be around 50% which is really good. So therefore, your healing is immensely increase by 2.75 and that's not even considering utilities such as sanctuary, guiding light or cycle of life. I heal for 6k on pigsie and 8k on rebirth
I do have a full Crit Pet but I do not have 130% damage.

As I stated before, Crit/block has dropped so my heals do not Crit like they used to. In KH, I did a lot of Crit heals but that has dropped to a very rare chance now.....

You might be able to crit a heal at 6k--8k but I have never crit a heal over 2400 on Rebirth and about 1200 at most on Pigsie.