Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Blade spell for 2020 summer update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Hey guys! I have a new idea if Kingsisle will add new spells for the next 2020 summer update. The spells name will depends on the class the spell is for (like all spells do). For example for storm, it could be called “Storms grip”. The spell would give Storm a normal Storm blade and a normal balance blade to self. It can be sharpened as well. If sharpened it can split like some hits do with enchantments. It would give the Storm blade and the balance blade an added 5% increase. When sharpened it acts as a different blade. The pip cost is 1 due to it being giving 2 blades to use for yourself. I think if it will be a spell, it could be unlocked as one of the first spells after you can pass level 130. It could be at rank 135, maybe sooner but probably no much later because it will be very useful early for the new world.

Let me know your thoughts!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2020
Interesting idea but By level 130 you are mainly using hits from your own school/shadow school/astral schools. So you dont need a 30% bb and a 30% storm blade because that balance blade usually wouldn't be applicable to any thing else except your own school. It would make more sense for there to be 30% storm and 30% shadow blade. it would also make more sense for there to be a 60% percent storm blade. Your idea would be more relevant at earlier levels when you still use hits from the school you use training points in. So a 30% storm blade and then a 30 percent bb that you would use for death for example.It would make also be cool to have dual blades/traps like the 70% shields you get at level 8. Even better would be a 30% storm blade with another single charm that allows you to use power pips for the next spell you use from another school.... that would be cool...Lastly a sun school blade where you enchant the spell with a "blade" and it puts up the blade after you cast the spell...THAT would be awesome..

I think in general different varieties of blades and traps (for example mass feint) should be learnable though quests and trainers instead of being item cards which would make ideas like this more popular. This would likely end up being an item card though. Mass feint should be trainable in the arcanum for sure....that was a bit of a tangent but you get the idea.

Lastly this would be a lot of work and probably wouldn't make it into the summer update. But it's a great kind of idea for future updates.