Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Retiring-Wiz! ^_^!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Lately, for couple months, I've been putting some serious thought into this and its saddens me that am getting a divorce with Wizard101. I started playing this game in 2014 when I believe at the time dark-moor had just came out and was the latest hype, with the introduction of the very first cool shadow-enhanced spells. Originally started off as death main, I enjoyed one of many uniqueness and simplified card game in the mmorpg industry of its time.

Wizard101 created a safe environment unlike any mmorpg I have ever seen, and was the ultimate stress reliever during the old days. I also enjoyed the story line, getting into fishing and gardening, pets and so forth. Things were great made a lot of friends and enemies alike. Have been scammed more times than I can remember xd, picked on and called a noob at pvp which in truth I definitely was at the time, but as time progressed in the end all that motivated me to become better. I maxed 14 warlords accounts in 3rd and 4th age pvp with decent ranks a piece around 1500+ or less for some in all 7 schools twice. So as you can see most of my time spent on this game was devoted to pvp in these era.

I made this account in 2018 solely for the purpose of pve, though in most cases the urge to resist pvp sometimes dwindles and I would find my self either in practice or tourney shying away from rank.

Anyway, one of my main reason for this decision, like many, is my constant disappointment in the direction the game took in the past few years. So before anyone calls me out for being ungrateful towards such an amazing experience let me tell you why I got disappointed. Wizard101 was accessible by all, and was a great escape from real life issues. It was a great social platform filled with adventures and wonderful experiences, I had a great time playing wiz. While the game had certain paywalls, having a membership was like having a vip access to many perks you couldn't as a non member and still is to a certain degree. We weren't bombarded with crown items, infact having crowns added extra perks into buying cooler stuff that was non-impacting the game as a whole.

Back then pets weren't even that hype, and the stress level was more moderate than what it is now. I even remembered having a 8% dealer pet with proof and damage was like the coolest thing.Now a days, pets became so centralized that its was the prime target for generated income. Everything became max this and max that and was no longer viewed as a side activity but a mandatory one now.Hence the more pet fails than success. When may cast was introduced it completely shifted the meta. Im glad the Kiosk was implemented, but for the sake of everything else the gold prices should be reverted or reduced xd and search-able pets be made easier accessible.

I get that this game is a on a business investment, but nothing can buy back all the farming, grinding and pet fails one has to endure in wiz. For the most part, we try to make the best, of the experience we shared growing up. This game in my opinion has gone down into a spiral with no new worlds since 2017 or 18 this doesn't look good for a growing franchise. I get the dev's are busy trying to keep there players entertained with catacombs, decathlon and beast moon,but i feel all this was to shy us away from catching on to the real truth. Once it was confirmed, that really put the dagger in, that we weren't gonna receive a new ark anytime soon. So with the release of so many controversial bundles, crown rewards introductions with massive price tags(night-knight), pet changes and removal of the original double gardening benefit its no wonder many old veteran players got upset.

In all honesty, to say the least no one can say it hasn't made progress because it did, but theirs a lot of room in need of improvement. Readjusting crowns items price tags is one of them. Sell seeds in bulks. Give players the option of re-rolling pet talents at mega. Create better fishing experiences. These are just a few examples to improve player base activities. Players want to feel less bombarded by crown items. I for one enjoy spending cash, but it got to a point that it became an obligation rather than a voluntary motive. Wiz has become to stressful to play, so I've decided to take a 3 yr break from it. Will miss all of you guys and just wanna say thank you towards the developers for keeping such a wonderful game running. Its been a rough tide and its only starting to become a tsunami of bottle up emotions. I do pray and wish the best to all of you who are continuing to support wiz. I'll be back in 3 yrs to see what direction the game took pve and pvp wise, for I cannot endure any more disappointments.