Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do we get Strengthening Runes?

AuthorMessage
Developer
I have been doing each Deckathalon since they were introduced. I think the school hands of fate wands would be a really cool stitch to have, and I've been trying for a while to craft them. The new deckathalon setup with less entries per day certainly makes it more difficult, but that's not the biggest issue for me. The hardest part is getting the darned strengthening runes because I have no clue how to get them.

None of the other ingredients have this problem. Ultimate runes are there as an event reward, superior school runes, while rare, are very obviously dropped at higher levels in the tower and from the deckathalon rune packs, the other ones are common, but the strengthening runes are nearly never found. It may be by design that this is the hardest one to get, but I'm not sure that's the case since Strengthening runes are a rank 3 reagent and Ultimate runes are rank 4.

In my bag right now, I have 4x the amount of ultimate runes than strengthening runes and I don't have enough strengthening to make even one of the hands of fate.

I don't remember where I got the ones I do have, but I'm guessing most of them came from farming stage 4 of the old deckathalons, because I haven't gotten a single one of these reagents from the past 2 or 3 new deckathalons.

Has anyone had luck with finding these? If so, which stage should I farm for them? Hopefully it's not 10

KI if you're reading this, can we have these runes be an event reward? Or maybe a transmute from improvement runes?

Developer
Still haven't heard a response on this... I completed Stage 10 of the deckathalon this time, and still got no Strengthening Runes dropped. If not at 10, where do these this drops / how do we get them?

We're nearing a new rotation of deckathalons starting all the way back at ice next month, and this is a perfect time to change up the rewards to include Strengthening Runes or add those transmutes I suggested earlier.

Developer
Haven't seen any improvements on this. I know this probably has to be toward the bottom of the priority list when it comes to game updates, but I'd really appreciate these transmutes from Kara Runewright... (or at least an explanation as to why you won't add them)

Augmentation Runes --> Improvement Rune
Improvement Runes --> Strengthening Rune

maybe even
Strengthening Runes --> Ultimate Rune

As it currently stands, the augmentation and improvement runes are pretty useless. The decks don't need them, the treasure cards don't need them, you can't transmute them into any other rune, and the wands only need a small amount of them.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really want to craft the hands of fate. I completed stage 10 4 times this deckathalon with NO strengthening runes! Please help me

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The strengthening runes drop on Floor 10 (Stage 30). You either get nothing, one, or two runes when you beat the professor. I have received five this event so far farming Greyrose.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Can you make a video or strategy guide for stages 5 to 10? I know there is a need for one because I have not found one for stages 5 to 10.

Developer
Crazy story y'all... Out of the first 15 deckathalon's I've done, I got a grand total of 9 Strengthening Runes, which is wild.

This past Deckathalon I figured out a strategy to farm stage 9, and I got 9 more runes from this one alone!

I'm gonna mark this as resolved and say... I was clearly doing this wrong. Farming stages 7 or 8 or something... just wasn't working. Figure out how to farm 9 or 10 and you'll get one almost every run.