Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Adventure Talents Are Terrible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
So I have Ice Finder unlocked on one of my pets, and I was playing with the mechanics learning how to use it. The talent is supposed to have your pet open chest and have a chance to get an "Essence of Ice" elixir, which notably gives 10% damage. I've opened maybe 15-25 chest total, and haven't received ONE. I'm not exactly sure how the talent works, but I know that it only opens one wooden chest. And after reading the update notes, I'm sure there should also be an EXTRA reward pool from using these new adventure talents. From opening chest, I haven't received anything even remotely related to Ice, let alone the elixir. I understand that there is a button to press to make your pet open the chest. I also understand the range for your pet to get the chest is fairly decent. However, the reaction is really buggy, sometimes it doesn't even open the chest if you are far enough, or have a complicated path. When your pet finally "returns" its like 10-20 seconds after the fetch button has been clicked! That's not even the worse part though, THE COOL DOWN IS RIDICULOUS! I believe the cool down is 6 minutes, if not 5, its definitely above 330 seconds! I mean I understand not being able to spam the ability, but if the cool down is gonna be that long, it should at least be able to open both silver chest and wooden chest, or at least open all the wooden chest in the area/map/street.

Anyway something I really want to know is, if I manually open a chest with my wizard by normally pressing the interaction button, 'x', would I still have the chance of getting the "Essence of Ice" elixir as long as my Ice Finder pet is equipped.