Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maycast Shatter

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
Maycast shatter is a cheating spell and it needs to be removed from Pvp. It's dumb that when you shield, their pet goes off and wow now they get a open ffa on you since they got lucky because of a dumb pet. Like seriously, it leaves you completely defenseless just because they get a lucky pet cast.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Snow7450 on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
Maycast shatter is a cheating spell and it needs to be removed from Pvp. It's dumb that when you shield, their pet goes off and wow now they get a open ffa on you since they got lucky because of a dumb pet. Like seriously, it leaves you completely defenseless just because they get a lucky pet cast.
Of course some wizards just cast shatter wither because they are a Myth wizard or the have the TC.

That's what the spell Aegis is for.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Shatter's a weird one. For one thing it's incredibly unbalanced because it can cast on your opponent's turn, but people with it on their pet are usually giving up a fair bit of damage for something that isn't fully reliable. There's also Aegis, but I'm not too keen on clogging my deck any more than it already is. I do think the cast rate should be lowered a bit though, seems bad for the game that it casts as often as it does.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Snow7450 on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
Don't forget every other may cast as well, such as heals, enfeeble, auras, blade or shield givers, trap stacks spells like fuel etc. 0 may cast in pvp as all may cast are deemed broken.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
Of course some wizards just cast shatter wither because they are a Myth wizard or the have the TC.

That's what the spell Aegis is for.
I wasnt talking about if the wizard themselve casts it. That's fine if they do since they using pips and at least I will be able to shield again if I needed to. The problem is when the pet casts it, I dont have a chance of getting any defenses on since it will be their turn. It just makes the game more based on luck.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
JewelKI on Jun 13, 2020 wrote:
Shatter's a weird one. For one thing it's incredibly unbalanced because it can cast on your opponent's turn, but people with it on their pet are usually giving up a fair bit of damage for something that isn't fully reliable. There's also Aegis, but I'm not too keen on clogging my deck any more than it already is. I do think the cast rate should be lowered a bit though, seems bad for the game that it casts as often as it does.
They dont give up much damage to me. I see triple damage pets with shatter that work just fine. If the cast rate is lowered, I will be fine with that other than just removing the whole talent from pvp.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
angellifeheart on Jun 13, 2020 wrote:
Don't forget every other may cast as well, such as heals, enfeeble, auras, blade or shield givers, trap stacks spells like fuel etc. 0 may cast in pvp as all may cast are deemed broken.
Those aren't as big as leaving you completely defenseless so I dont really care about those even though they can be annoying.