Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Low Level?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2014
Hey all,

I've been speed questing through the game (got member 3 days ago), and I just started Mooshu at level 26, which feels a little low... so far, I haven't been having any trouble because I don't solo, but most around me are 5+ levels above, which worries me....

Any thoughts?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I would definitely go back and do the side quests. I'm a side quest advocate and right now, I'm in Marleybone at level 29. That being said, I haven't done Wysteria yet or Grizzleheim. I've just done the main quest, side quests, and the fishing quests in both Wizard City and Grizzleheim. Some of the bosses in MooShu are going to be extremely hard if you're only level 26. Now this also depends on if you're soloing or if you're teaming up, too. I solo PvE for the most part, so the higher level I am, the better set up I am to take on bosses by myself. If you're teaming up this may not be as much of an issue, but someone else may have to chime in on that.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2014
Update: I finished Dragonspyre yesterday at level 43, and Merle Ambrose won't give me the quest to go to Celestia, haha. Surprisingly enough, I was able to solo a good chunk of Dragonspyre (about 1/3, at different parts of the world) without much difficulty.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2016
I'm with you. I started at around level 23-25, and I had some trouble with bosses. There were some times I had to call someone in or else I would die. Its tough. Like ^^^ said, you should probably go back to Wizard City, Krokotopia and Marleybone.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
autrison12 on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
Update: I finished Dragonspyre yesterday at level 43, and Merle Ambrose won't give me the quest to go to Celestia, haha. Surprisingly enough, I was able to solo a good chunk of Dragonspyre (about 1/3, at different parts of the world) without much difficulty.
You need to be level 45 in order to be able to get access to Celestia after finishing Dragonspyre.
Personally I run through Wysteria once I hit level 25 as it's not that hard to solo (save for the Professor Droors) and it levels me up a bit so I don't have too much trouble getting through the other areas.
Have you started Grizzleheim yet? I believe Wintertusk unlocks at level 40 after you finish Ravenscar, and Wintertusk gives tons of experience points that can help you level up to 45!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2014
lilychirp303 on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
You need to be level 45 in order to be able to get access to Celestia after finishing Dragonspyre.
Personally I run through Wysteria once I hit level 25 as it's not that hard to solo (save for the Professor Droors) and it levels me up a bit so I don't have too much trouble getting through the other areas.
Have you started Grizzleheim yet? I believe Wintertusk unlocks at level 40 after you finish Ravenscar, and Wintertusk gives tons of experience points that can help you level up to 45!
I did Grizzleheim yesterday, and I've started Wintertusk (finished the first area and I'm level 46), but it's crazy hard, as is Celestia, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
autrison12 on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
I did the exact same thing on my storm and death! Its normal to be under level for worlds, but yeah just keep level locks in mind! The level lock on Celestia is 44! A great strategy to get through mobs and bosses, is to have a separate deck for each one. As i'm not sure what school you are:

MOB deck:
School blade, tri blade (spirit or elemental from NILES the balance tree), pet blade x3 enchants and x3 aoe hits.
Boss deck:

Same blades and enchants as above, however its best to keep a BIG hit and to train feint early (Unless your a glass cannon school), and keep wand hits in for weaknesses.

Defender
May 11, 2013
lilychirp303 on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
You need to be level 44 actually.