Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

SpellWrighting/Spellements

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I have a simple yet complex question,because its seems to me, that my understanding of the spellement system is beyond incomprehensive. What I would like to know is, are spells that have been upgraded such as the damage spells enchantable? by using enchants such as epic, primordial or flawless? and if they aren't then whats the point off adding a damage tier section in the spellements menu? I think this system has a fascinating concept if done correctly, right now its kind of bug. Some spells aren't unlocked despite having or acquiring spellements for that spell and some tier menu selections are a bit confusing and not worth investing spellements into.I also feel this has some sort of misguided approach since the purpose of spellement upgrades is to make them better than their former counter parts yet balanced at the same time.
A perfect example of a misguided spell upgrade is the Reindeer Knight, which states:
295+265 dmg over 3 rounds for a total of 560 damage. Then offers 2 path directions, top section being able to do 310+255 damage over 3 rounds and 340+225 over 3 rounds both doing 565 total damage vs the bot section, being able to do 280+285 and 250+315 which also does 565 damage. This means that the total damage regardless of which option you choose gets a 5 damage increase yet cannot be enchanted? And even if it was, an enchanted 5 damage doesn't feel like a spell I would grind 150+ spellements for. This also means its not that of a great upgrade.

A good example of a good approach to spellements being done correctly is the lightning bats spell upgrade. This one was amazing because not only did it over more than 5 damage by adding 10 damage to make it 15, it also gave you a second path option to add a mantle utility to the spell than can definitely alter the way pvp works for storm. This is what all spellements should be about, utility bonus. No matter how bad a spell is in damage a utility can really alter how the spells works. As of right now i don't have any spells unlock through the spellements system other than day and nightbringer which are good spells, but feel the max upgrade should allow 5 cards instead of 3 and offers 2 pip cost instead of 3 also. All spell upgrade should be able to be enchanted otherwise there is no need for a damage section.That's just my 2 cent on the situation. If there's anyone out there who has any further opinion of the matter feel free to reply to this post.