Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scroll of Fortune Points Loss and Compensation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Sparck on May 15, 2020 wrote:
This is part of the points loss described above. We're working on a resolution! Our apologies about the surprise drop :(.
TY Spark!. Looking forward to it. Will continue mu scroll quest with ease

Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
Yesterday I was at level 8 tier level and already was rewarded the Triple Animus Elixer in level 7. Today I was playing and it says I'm back to tier level 7 and still haven't unlocked the Triple Animus Elixer, but I did. The elixer is still in my inventory as proof.

Did the Spring Scroll of Fortune get rolled back?

Survivor
Oct 09, 2014
Hi, what about the points occurred after the update but before the fix? Will they be kept?

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Survivor
May 23, 2018
Final 5/20 Update: We are continuing the process in recovering your Scroll of Fortune points and for some accounts the purchase of the Scroll of Fortune itself.

Everyone that had earned at least one point up to 500 points since May 8th was granted 500 points. We were not able to award the exact amount you had lost, so some of you have received more than what you had originally acquired to ensure everyone has the minimum back.

For the folks that lost more than 500 points, you also received the above 500 points as well as all the points you expected to have recovered.

Recovery includes the scroll itself if you previously had one.

There are a few outlier accounts we are working on yet to award the proper amount of points.

As a bonus, any rewards you’ve already earned will be awarded a second time. The exceptions to this are the Wysteria Villa Housing Recipe, the new teleport particle, and the new emote, as those are all limited to one per character.

Our apologies for this issue and thank you again for your patience as we worked on a resolution.
Hi sparck,

You say that the acquired rewards would be "replaced". What does that mean exactly? I was reset to the point right before an elixir. Would anything happen if I claim it and then use it before the rewards are "replaced"?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Maybe it’s just a glitch but I logged in today and found myself on tier 6 of the scroll of fortune when just the other day I was already on tier 8. Is anyone else also having this issue?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
OceanMan78 on May 16, 2020 wrote:
Hi sparck,

You say that the acquired rewards would be "replaced". What does that mean exactly? I was reset to the point right before an elixir. Would anything happen if I claim it and then use it before the rewards are "replaced"?
Yea this is kinda need to know

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
If you lost the the actual Scroll, don't fret. The scroll will be replaced, as will any points you accrue over the weekend will then be applied upon return of the scroll.

If you acquired rewards through the Scroll of Fortune event, those rewards will also be replaced in addition to recovering your points.
Hi Sparck! Would it be problematic if we redeem the rewards again? I accidentally did and I'm hoping I won't be penalized for it T.T

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
I lost over a thousand points and was on tier 8 and was brought down to tier 5 :( How long do you think it will take to get the points back?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
I just looked and my account now has all the wizards behind where it was just my main a few days ago... But this morning I got am Email saying the status has been changed to Solved. It that because Wizard101 is aware of the issue and working on it or because they are saying my issues is over with and moved on? I am confused now. Sorry it has been a long week and I am out of sorts. I hope they solve it soon because I would like to finish the Scroll event and get everything. Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
Any update on the progress of getting this fixed?

Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
I've recently reported the problem of missing scroll of fortune points. Later on today, I went on to see if my points are back to normal. My scroll of fortune points some how dropped down even lower. I had around 2,000 in the beginning then dropped to 1,263 and now I'm at 219.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
I sent an email to custumer support a few days ago about this I hope you guys acan fix it soon and we can all get our points back. The event to gain points are almost over so we wont be able to get the point we need to get futher rewards :(

If the issue can be fixed until the Spring roll is over are you going to give us back our crowns? Cause knowing I would of had this issue I wouldnt have spens them..

Administrator
elizazabethck on May 18, 2020 wrote:
I sent an email to custumer support a few days ago about this I hope you guys acan fix it soon and we can all get our points back. The event to gain points are almost over so we wont be able to get the point we need to get futher rewards :(

If the issue can be fixed until the Spring roll is over are you going to give us back our crowns? Cause knowing I would of had this issue I wouldnt have spens them..
Thanks elizazabethck!

For all, please do NOT send a support request to support. They are taking care of other account needs and cannot move forward the resolution of this one due to it being a game issue.

We will update you in this thread when a resolution has been implemented.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
My scroll of fortune reset on the 15th after the server maintenance.

I was on one hour before the maintenance doing spiral showcase things. I logged back on a few hours later and noticed my scroll of fortune reset from halfway through Tier 4 to the beginning of Tier 1. I submitted a bug report and haven't heard back since, I'm posting on here to see if anyone else had this issue or if there is anything else I can do to fix it. I should note that my progress in other events remained, I had 571 points in Pet Promenade before and after the maintenance; only my scroll of fortune was reset.

-Lenora LifeStaff

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
Will double scroll xp still be a thing? You have done it for the past few ones near the last two weeks of the event...it would be amazing to still get that, especially given the circumstances!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
I'm not sure exactly how helpful this is, but it looks as if the amount of progress lost on everyone's Scrolls is dependent on how many points were accumulated BEFORE the last Beastmoon Event. It definitely appears that the Scroll progress was reverted to whatever amount was attained before that event. So if you had 2,540 points before that Beastmoon Hunt, and ended up with 3,040 points after the Hunt, you would be back at 2,540 points. This is what seems to be the case for me.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Alex Darkhammer on May 18, 2020 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how helpful this is, but it looks as if the amount of progress lost on everyone's Scrolls is dependent on how many points were accumulated BEFORE the last Beastmoon Event. It definitely appears that the Scroll progress was reverted to whatever amount was attained before that event. So if you had 2,540 points before that Beastmoon Hunt, and ended up with 3,040 points after the Hunt, you would be back at 2,540 points. This is what seems to be the case for me.
They've said publicly that they're making changes to the penalties for Beastmoon; they may have had to revert to before Beastmoon in order to do this for some who got effectively unending bans.

If they are able to recover points, I will probably buy a second Scroll. I'd purchased it for one wizard who completed and got the teleport effect. A second wizard will also complete today if points are restored and that might be the nudge needed to purchase a second.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Is there any progress made on finding a solution? I'm on the beginning of tier 5 when I would've been on tier 8 of the scroll without the reset. Not to mention that the only event going on at the moment is about to end. Just kind of worried

Survivor
Nov 13, 2015
Are there any updates as to the resolution for this?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
Pieman02 on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Are there any updates as to the resolution for this?
Not that I'm aware of. They said after the weekend, possibly Monday and here we are still waiting.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2020
it is now Tuesday with no response, can we get an update?

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
And they still haven't fixed the scroll point

Administrator
Good news all! We are beginning the process of correcting this issue and recovering your lost Scroll of Fortune points and items.

This process will take a few hours, possibly the better part of the day, and may alter accounts more than once before it's finished, so please be patient as the recovery unfolds.

If you see a change to your Scroll of Fortune status and it doesn't appear correct, please wait until we announce everything is completed before contacting us with this concern.

Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
So, as someone else previously mentioned, I accidentally rebought the scroll when it was "lost". Will that extra 7,500 crowns be refunded back to my account as I bought the scroll twice? Or will that be something to email support over?

Thanks.