Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Minions reworked as Player Cheats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
Myth Minion Rework Idea
Myth Minions have always been unreliable companions, and take valuable slots away from player controlled team members. Myth minions disrupt battles greatly ( in a bad way). I at first brainstormed buffing up Myth minions to be considerable members of a team fight, purely providing support utility at the cost off all offensive damage capability. While I don’t think that is an entirely bad Idea, with the addition of pet – battle talents and maycast abilities, what if Myth minions gained a new role: side companions, providing buffs to the player as well as acting as a sort of self-cheat mechanic available to Myth only.
Proposal
The new Myth minions will work mechanically similar to shadow attack spells, as well as boss-pets and maycast/cheat mechanics. As Shadow Creatures manifest behind the player and react to what choices they make, Myth Minions could provide similar benefits. Myth minions now situate themselves behind the player after summoning and buff the player according to certain triggers. Similar to the minion only buff spells Myth has access to, these buffs are only attainable while a minion is active. Minions can cheat a maximum of 3 times before they leave, or leave after 5 rounds have passed regardless of usage. The strength of the buff provided depends on the minion. These new minions would be either reworked Vassanji & Baba Yaga Eggs, or entirely new assets available from level 50 onwards.
For example:
Myth Wizard blades themselves, and triggers the following cheat/reaction from minion:
“For you, summoner”- minion applies a universal 30-40% blade to myth wizard
Myth Wizard applies a trap of any kind to a single target:
“End them Master”- minion will apply a mass myth trap of 20% to all enemies.
Myth Wizard shields themselves with a tower shield:
No, this will defend you better”- minion shatters the player’s shield and provides a -70% universal shield
Myth Wizard is missing a large amount of health, or is hit by an attack:
“As is my duty” – cheat casts either healing current, fairy, satyr, or sprite.
If the Myth Wizard employs sacrifice minion spells on their minion, the companion will expire and heal the wizard for a set amount of health (500-600)
I imagine that coding this would be rather difficult however. This is why I made the comparison to Shadow creatures- the minions would have “likes” that trigger their cheats. Some minions would be purely offensive, some middle ground, and some defensive/healer hybrids.
Minions also provide flat stat boosts in accordance with their level and role. The stat boosts expire when the minion has cheated 3 times, or fled after 5 rounds.
For example:
VASSANJI, being one of the ‘best’, is now a “damage” compainion. Her Cheats employ Blades and Traps. Vassanji will now also provide a flat 15% damage boost to the Wizard ( like a secondary Star Aura).
Vassanji now costs 5 pips
Allows for quick stacking of blades and traps for high damage output.
As Vassanji is classified as NO PVP, she is a prime target for a buff.
EGGS are trainable minions from Baba Yaga in the Arcanum. While Vassanji is meant to bring Myth up a level in terms of damage potential, the Eggs lend themselves to solo play. One Egg ( Rotten) will focus on bolstering the wizard’s defenses, Shielding at random or when triggered as well as providing a bonus 10% resistance to damage. The other Egg ( Hard Boiled) will shield and heal the player randomly, and provides 10% incoming healing. The Last Egg ( Cracked) is a menace, and will provide 10% damage boost while also applying weakness and black mantle at random. Has a minor chance to enfeeble enemies. NOTE: THESE SPELLS ARE DIFFERENT TO THOSE GIVEN BY WITCHES HOUSE CALL, THOSE EGGS REMAIN UNTOUCHED.
New Minion Ideas
6 Pips-Level 90 - Medusa: Provides a single stun block, 10% critical and 15% damage bonus. LIKES: Blades, Mass Traps. Can use Blinding Light at random, only once. She will provide stronger blades than Vassanji
3 Pips, 1 Shadow Pip- Level 120- Medulla: Medulla is a powerful ally, but a temporary one. He can:
Provide 1 80-100% Myth Blade
Beguile ( Mind Meddle) a BOSS enemy for 1 round
Earthquake-effect the enemy team ( Shatter, Enfeeble)
MEDULLA WILL EXPIRE AFTER ONE CHEAT IS USED, AND CAN ONLY BE SUMMONED ONCE A BATTLE.

Not Every Myth minion would receive this treatment, such as the 0 pip puppet and early minions. Every minion after Talos ( including the creation of new ones unique to spell quests in Khrysalis/Polaris/Mirage/Empyrea) would provide direct offensive benefits as opposed to random AI tomfoolery. As Myth is the master of minions, it only makes sense that they are changed to benefit them in a direct and tangible way. As a plus, Myth still stuffers from being the worst of the Schools at everything. Giving them the ability to Cheat like a boss fits Myth’s theming and will bring them up to par with Fire and Storm as legitimate DPS options.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Very cool ideas! What would the buff minion spells do from the krokotopia trainer do?

Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
Alex Firepyre on May 14, 2020 wrote:
Very cool ideas! What would the buff minion spells do from the krokotopia trainer do?
I did not forget about these lol!
My intentions were to keep them as they were, as these would be the spells cheat-cast on the player by the minions, so they wouldn't really be 'new' spells, just repurposed ones. Those minion buffs are incredibly strong yet completely unused, so I figured why not bring them and minions back in a new package! Sorry if I was unclear in the original thread.
My original Idea was to simply make them placeable on the player while a minion was out & buff the minions in terms of HP and damage, but that frankly bores me because whats the point of bigger numbers if they go unused.