Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank you for Turn-Based PvP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
So far I'm loving turn-based PvP (specifically 1v1 but I believe it would apply to all types). I have way more control and I feel like I'm winning because I'm making smart moves. I love that and that's how PvP should be.

I also don't think it is boring at all and it might even be more engaging. Being able to discard and draw on your off-turn makes you have to always be on your toes and try to think and discard as fast as you can- you only have as long as your opponent takes to choose their spell. If you are slow and don't discard something you don't need, that's a lower chance you will pull something you need next turn, or that you'll pull the treasure card you need at that moment, and that is a very important part of winning in PvP.

Deck setup is also more fun now since it seems like the specific tools you have at your disposal are even more important. In the old turn system your "tools" could be wasted if you incorrectly predict what your opponent will do that round (even from first!), but now every tool will work as intended and so it is very important to draw and use the correct tool at the right time. It is true that now I see myself thinking post-match, "I wonder which card I should have played instead on that turn," and I think that's great.

All around, love it. Who else feels the same?

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
XxZexionxX on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
So far I'm loving turn-based PvP (specifically 1v1 but I believe it would apply to all types). I have way more control and I feel like I'm winning because I'm making smart moves. I love that and that's how PvP should be.

I also don't think it is boring at all and it might even be more engaging. Being able to discard and draw on your off-turn makes you have to always be on your toes and try to think and discard as fast as you can- you only have as long as your opponent takes to choose their spell. If you are slow and don't discard something you don't need, that's a lower chance you will pull something you need next turn, or that you'll pull the treasure card you need at that moment, and that is a very important part of winning in PvP.

Deck setup is also more fun now since it seems like the specific tools you have at your disposal are even more important. In the old turn system your "tools" could be wasted if you incorrectly predict what your opponent will do that round (even from first!), but now every tool will work as intended and so it is very important to draw and use the correct tool at the right time. It is true that now I see myself thinking post-match, "I wonder which card I should have played instead on that turn," and I think that's great.

All around, love it. Who else feels the same?
I am enjoying it too.