Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New pet changes, why double cost to hatch?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Ok so here is what was done.

Kingisle gives us a brand new set of talents and then gives us the pet promenade event.

So now we have an event that encourages us to hatch to earn points and then
suddenly the gold cost doubles to hatch?
Why? Why would you double the gold cost?

This one is a slap in the face.
I'll tell you since so many more people are online because the virus it's a money grab.
I would actually appreciate it more if they said,
"We need more money and are making things that will spend your gold so you can spend your pet snacks and encourage you to do more things that may make you want to buy crowns."

Some honesty would be better than something as it is, a slap in the players face.

For some reason I can see their team in the brainstorming room saying how can we make players
spend more gold so they run out and use more pet snacks so they want to buy Snack packs, and oh
we got to get them hatching more and that will burn their gold and they will have to buy packs and hatching elixirs that in the long run we get all the players online to buy buy buy crowns!

We can do this folks! Get those players spending!

I personally don't like it when new content is less beneficial to the player and more
obviously about the profit margin. Profit i understand, but when content is obviously
a way to push players into crown shopping and it's a sneaky hidden way like this, it is a
loss of trust.

Just say it and be honest, tell us players,
"Hey folks, we really are trying to add as much content that gives us more profit."

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Except nothing that you mentioned there actually requires the player to get more crowns than they already needed to. All they did was increase the gold and gave up a little bit more xp, but that hardly changes anything at all. Plus nobody even buys snack packs lol

Getting a good/perfect pet, even as a new wizard, is unfathomably easy. It's good that KI increased the hatching price... Even if you're a level 10, you shouldn't be able to get a good pet with 25 damage and resist with just 50k gold.

Also, it's very easy to get mega snacks. Just farm couch potatoes in Grizzleheim. In a few days (with the potatoes like items) you'll have tons of mega snacks to help level your pet.
You're acting like this update is just a quick cash grab but it's not. Just my opinion though,

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
To add to what your saying it being a push to monopolize on more of us home and online.
Like all that you have stated.
They also removed all the decent pet snacks that you could get with tickets so you either suffer with 9 point cards you can get or garden which takes awhile Or like you said off to the crown Shop to buy mega snack packs.

Which by the way if that was the case should be no more than 700 crowns = 100 per snack in pack Not 2500 crowns =357 per snack

just saying long time over price there

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I am currently doing the pet promenade event, i have made it to the 400 point reward. it is supposed to be 2 spirit talent tokens. i have collected with all of my wizards so has my son and wife(3 accounts). when we go to put them into our shared banks, there are no tokens! how do we get our tokens?

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Lower level and less powerful pets are now cheaper to hatch.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Personally I have 11 houses with 110 plants stacked gardens outside and some also inside.
Gold isnt the issue for me, snacks spending isnt the isnt and I think someone missed the point.

As of today, on the last of the pet promenade event the price of playing some games went UP.

Now the cost of energy increase was just snuck in. Havent read a reason for that one.

So ill tell you, another slap in the face.

Let the players have the option to burn their snacks fast, increase the energy they gotta use.

Today it cost 10 energy to play cannonball, yesterday it was and before the promenade it was 6.
F a c t.

So make the players burn energy faster, burn out off their snacks on skipping the game, to level
their new hatched pet they just spent double money on the try and get the new pet abilities, etc.

The point is, it's just not cool to portray a lie with joy. Which i'm disappointed about personally.

As I said before, none of these "Sneaky" increases in the cost of everything did anything for the player.
Hatch cost, Energy cost, were not told to the player, it just happened with no explanation.

Also, just because one person says they do not buy snack packs doesnt mean it's true, as shown in someone else's post stating packs have now changed as Lasander28 stated, proving that Yes people do buy them.

That's crowns. Running out of energy faster and needing to buy an elixir for more. That's crowns.

Don't make an event that is a trick to gain profit from the players.

Be Honest and tell us. We need more of your money.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
Does anyone have any information as to why the decision was made to only allow us to search on two pet talents in the pet kiosk instead of up to five? And also if KI may have any plans to reinstate searching on more pet talents?

Just noticing that it takes a lot longer now to sort and shuffle through all the many dozens of pets that pop up that I'm not interested in with wrong talents when I just want to hatch with a pet with specific talents than when I could just put in all the talents I wanted and search on that.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Is this a bad update? Or do players just loathe change? - I really can’t tell with the comments.

The biggest rumor I have seen is “KI just wants your money”. Nope, this is false. Crowns are not at all required. Thus your personal wallet isn’t be touched. Gold is so easy to get in this game as a max wizard, the question is are you willing to get it? If your lazy and don’t want to fish, that’s your problem.

To be honest, I think people are seeing this change as an opportunity to complain, and they are seizing the moment. Pets failed before, hatching failed before, and the gold price has always been moderately high. There really isn’t that huge amount change. You have to remember, this is all done for a reason, not to make us hate the game.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
AtomGrounder on May 5, 2020 wrote:
Personally I have 11 houses with 110 plants stacked gardens outside and some also inside.
Gold isnt the issue for me, snacks spending isnt the isnt and I think someone missed the point.

As of today, on the last of the pet promenade event the price of playing some games went UP.

Now the cost of energy increase was just snuck in. Havent read a reason for that one.

So ill tell you, another slap in the face.

Let the players have the option to burn their snacks fast, increase the energy they gotta use.

Today it cost 10 energy to play cannonball, yesterday it was and before the promenade it was 6.
F a c t.

So make the players burn energy faster, burn out off their snacks on skipping the game, to level
their new hatched pet they just spent double money on the try and get the new pet abilities, etc.

The point is, it's just not cool to portray a lie with joy. Which i'm disappointed about personally.

As I said before, none of these "Sneaky" increases in the cost of everything did anything for the player.
Hatch cost, Energy cost, were not told to the player, it just happened with no explanation.

Also, just because one person says they do not buy snack packs doesnt mean it's true, as shown in someone else's post stating packs have now changed as Lasander28 stated, proving that Yes people do buy them.

That's crowns. Running out of energy faster and needing to buy an elixir for more. That's crowns.

Don't make an event that is a trick to gain profit from the players.

Be Honest and tell us. We need more of your money.
If you choose to spend money on this game, that's YOUR decision.
You can literally farm in places like Mirror Lake, Morganthe, Lord Nightshade, etc. to get items that help you more than bazaar items do. That's how I've gotten 98% of my gear.
All you have to do is farm the B.O.X.E.S event and get Greenwarden gear. That's how I got over 200 energy. 200. That's level 80 Greenwarden gear. Imagine how much you'd get with level 100

"As of today, on the last of the pet promenade event the price of playing some games went UP."

I get it. You think that KI is trying to get you to buy energy elixirs! Even if they are, it's a poor attempt. There are so many easy ways to get energy or even extra energy.
For extra energy, like I just said, get Greenwarden gear. Literally over double max energy.
For renewing energy, just level up. If you're already max level, make a new wizard, transfer the pet over, level, and train.
And since you're so positive that it's to get you to buy crowns, guess what? There are 2 free ways to get crowns! You can get 100 crowns everyday by doing trivia on the FREEKIGAMES website, and of course there's the 'earn crowns' option that doesn't always work but can come in clutch occasionally.
I get it, you're upset, and for good reason too. But you need to think about these things. There are plenty of ways to work around problems. I personally don't see a problem, but I may just be able to adjust to things easily.

I've said it like 20 times and I'll say it again. The hatch's gold increase was a good thing. Especially that you can now instantly hatch a pet with basically no gold.
For some reason people think it's hard to get gold? Maybe if you literally joined 1 day ago, but if you have at least ONE level 40-50 character, just go to Wintertusk and farm in Vestrilund for Dragon Shield Amulets. Easy money.
Yeah it's easier for somebody with 7 level 130 wizards to get gold, that's expected, but the game is still very friendly to new players.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I think many of you are not reading the title of the post all together.

Several of you replied and said things like at max you can get plenty of gold, or
if you choose to spend crowns its your choice and other things that do not answer the quest.

Gold is a choice also to obtain, I think you think I am asking because Im low on gold or crowns.
I have two accounts. I have No shortage of anything. And if you have full item set from
terrors hoard pack then 200 energy is not as fancy as you think. Terror hoard takes you well past 200.
Now you learned.

Let me say it twice. I got gold. I got two accounts, I got near 130000 crowns, I Don't care about the cost.

Read the title and still your comments do not answer the actual question of the increase price.

- Why? What is the justification of increasing the hatch cost and now, why did the cost of energy increase for pet games.

Focus on the specific question. Stay on the subject. If you can't why comment.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I must reply directly to Blaze.

You specifically didn't read the post.

In regards to the gold increase being good, how? How is that beneficial to a new player?

Let me explain to you what happens, how corporations work.

Here is a new player.
-----
He/She really wants to get a great pet.

He/she doesnt have 110000 gold, but did have 50k. Could have hatched, aw man I could have hatched!

Its the only wiz i got I can't make 50k and I really want a good pet!

What choice do I have? I mean I just started playing and everyone says a good pet is essential.
I can buy buy some crowns and get gold to hatch! (Since it's double price)

----

This is what companies discuss in the board room to brainstorm for ideas to make profit.

Im just saying truth Blaze and you need to realize they didn't increase the price just for no reason.
It's certainly not to keep new players from getting a good pet.

Why limit great things from a new player? Certainly not to keep them coming back.
King isle wants players, and just like you if you didnt have what makes you happy in this game
you would not be here. You would leave and that is profit.

That is a customer that wont come back. This is you can learn at the morning meeting every
single day in a profitable company.