Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spirit of the Forest pet missing Growzone Layer spell at Baby

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
My Spirit of the Forest pet is missing Growzone Layer spell at baby. It's the spell that fulfills magic needs for my garden for 48 hours that came with my Evergreen Bundle.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I bought mine directly from the Crown Shop, and both it and my crossbreed attempt on my myth alt are missing it. For a while, the spell was still shown in my favorites with the error, "The item that grants this spell is missing."

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Mine scattered across my wizards are missing it too with that same error message.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
And yet the Ravenwood Piggle, which costs five times as much, still has its Growzone Layer. This feels less like a bug and more like a deliberate nerf.

Never mind that some of us might have spent crowns on the Spirit just for this item card that has been taken away without warning.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2016
I had a spirit of the forest pet from the original bundle, not from the crown shop. For whatever reason, growzone layer was gone for me too, even though I had it from the original bundle. I honestly hope this is a bug, but it's probably gonna be a nerf.

Defender
May 22, 2012
Oh no when did this happen? please fix this!!!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Today's update notes say "Spirit of the Forest provides the Growzone Layer card again" but my three pets didn't get the memo. One is ancient that came with bundle, other two are hatches from that 1st gen (one ancient, one baby) and none have growzone layer card.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
My Spirit of the Forest Pets did not receive the memo either. I have at least 7 of them. I have purchased 7 original bundles, one for each of my wizards. It would be nice to have this fixed for all.

Thank You, Scarlet Shadowstone

Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
The reason i purchased the Evergreen Bundle is because it came with the Spirit of the Forest pet with 1 card at baby that gave Growzone Layer.

I believe I should get a refund since I've been unable to tend my garden even though I paid $40 plus tax for the package and still am missing Growzone Layer spell for my pet. It worked fine until the spring update when Wizard made changes to the pets.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KI is aware and added it back to the "to do list" on fixes. I would check back after the May 7th update to see if got fixed in that update.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/spring-update-link-new-issues-here-please-8ad6a42571a0edd50171a3e1ee5c39e3?page=1

Administrator
Thanks for reporting this issue, as Oran or Urz mentioned, we are aware and will have a fix in place in a future update.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Just to close out this thread. The last update did fix the growzone layer back onto the Spirit of the Forest pet.