Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Fellspawn boss fight glitches report

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2019
Hi. Last friday I was decided to defeat Fellspawn solo in test realm after some days of planning and preparing. I gotta say this boss is the hardest I've ever faced alone until now, and since the balance disipel bypass was removed it has become a real challenge for everyone, which in my opinion is good cause we need challenging content in this game and we not having enough.

After some failed attempts I finally went far into the battle and somehow I resisted roughly 40 minutes, and sadly I died cause of a huge glitch that happened, and that's what I want to report in this topic.

Here I share the link of a video I uploaded to youtube showing the moment when the glitch happens and how I died: https://youtu.be/m9LOSPR85j4
Please, take a deep look at it and keep an eye open for any little thing happening during the battle.
The major glitch starts at minute 0:25 of that video, which is the minute 29:20 of the full fight. Boss turns phase at the beginning of the round like it always does, but it suddenly turns phase again for no reason. Then the boss didn't transform anymore to until 6 rounds later which makes me think the cycle glitched out and broke until that moment. But what is even more weird is, when he finally turned again at minute 3:42 of the video, he used a spell that he only uses during phase (4:18).
There are few other minor glitches like sometimes when the boss or the minions hit, their pips won't consume till beginning of next round.

I really hope this glitches can be fixed before live realm is released so nobody would have to deal with it. Thank you.

Note: I'm not sure if the possibility of sacrificing the unhelpful spawn with sap health or any spell like that is a glitch or if its intentional, but please don't change that. If we can't get rid of it the fight becomes literally impossible to solo so please don't change that, this boss is extremely hard already and doesn't need more buffs.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2019
Asterdsar on Apr 19, 2020 wrote:
Hi. Last friday I was decided to defeat Fellspawn solo in test realm after some days of planning and preparing. I gotta say this boss is the hardest I've ever faced alone until now, and since the balance disipel bypass was removed it has become a real challenge for everyone, which in my opinion is good cause we need challenging content in this game and we not having enough.

After some failed attempts I finally went far into the battle and somehow I resisted roughly 40 minutes, and sadly I died cause of a huge glitch that happened, and that's what I want to report in this topic.

Here I share the link of a video I uploaded to youtube showing the moment when the glitch happens and how I died: https://youtu.be/m9LOSPR85j4
Please, take a deep look at it and keep an eye open for any little thing happening during the battle.
The major glitch starts at minute 0:25 of that video, which is the minute 29:20 of the full fight. Boss turns phase at the beginning of the round like it always does, but it suddenly turns phase again for no reason. Then the boss didn't transform anymore to until 6 rounds later which makes me think the cycle glitched out and broke until that moment. But what is even more weird is, when he finally turned again at minute 3:42 of the video, he used a spell that he only uses during phase (4:18).
There are few other minor glitches like sometimes when the boss or the minions hit, their pips won't consume till beginning of next round.

I really hope this glitches can be fixed before live realm is released so nobody would have to deal with it. Thank you.

Note: I'm not sure if the possibility of sacrificing the unhelpful spawn with sap health or any spell like that is a glitch or if its intentional, but please don't change that. If we can't get rid of it the fight becomes literally impossible to solo so please don't change that, this boss is extremely hard already and doesn't need more buffs.
I agree, KI should fix this.

Administrator
Asterdsar on Apr 19, 2020 wrote:

Thanks Asterdsar for sharing. Were there any glitches here that affected the outcome of the battle?

Survivor
Nov 03, 2019
Sparck on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
Thanks Asterdsar for sharing. Were there any glitches here that affected the outcome of the battle?
Well I don't know if there are more serious bugs but I fighted long enough to be pretty sure there's no other big problem.
There's another minor bug but I'm not sure if you made it intentionally like that. Fire tentacle can do backdraft that only consumes 2 of his pips and all tentacles do a natural attack that deal damage per pip, but only comsumes 2 of their pips. Anyway, that was already reported to KI by other community member so I didn't mention it in this topic.
I think the bug I reported in the topic with the video showing it is big enough to affect the battle a lot and should get fixed before the boss is released in live realm.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I'm not sure if this is considered a glitch but the requirement for this battle is supposed to be "No Place Like a Catacomb." I farmed this boss tonight via the Team Up Kiosk and I would say 50% of the time, players at levels 19, 30, etc. teamed up as well. This required all of us to flee and then the Team Up timer started.

Not sure if this can be fixed. Not sure if anyone thinks it's a glitch or just a bit inconvenient but thanks for listening.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
I’m posting this as a problem I encountered. Last time I fought Fellspawn, my entire team lost connection at the same time as we beat the boss, and NOBODY got drops, at all. We all checked our bags. We logged out and back in. Nothing.