Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Day to Day Life of a Wizard Student side quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2020
You know, saving the spiral and taking care of monsters left and right while also dealing villains and conspiracy theories all distract us from who we really are: a student of Ravenwood. We never really get any chance to experience what it feels like to be actual students in this game. The chances are so rare and few in between from one line dialogues to those pop in notifications to experience that student responsibilities that it feels so refreshing from the usual "you're the chosen one who is set to save us all!".

So, I propose daily side quests that help us feel the experience of a wizard-y student of Ravenwood. It is important that those quests are purely on the acts of being a student, not going around and killing monsters to gather stuff and the usual story line quests. Also, I propose student titles such Hall Moniter to head of Student Government and etc. These titles can be achieved by finishing a specific amount of side quests.

Another idea would be new mini games that show the life of a daily wizard student of ravenwood. These mini games can be from anything like cleaning up your room or your desk, to leading group projects, building a science project, running the fastest in P.E., or to who can finish the most assignments under a limit time. As long as it shows something related to the day to day life, it works. This can also be another way to give titles, by comparing scores between players or by achieving a certain score. Each mini game can also have a custom title set based on what the game is about.

So, what'ca think about this?

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Ooh I love the daily side quests idea. It's fun questing but I always want to spend more time around Ravenwood and Wizard City. It'd be really cool to see and feel more student interaction and to see that Ravenwood has a student body full of learning wizards and not just thousands of Chosen Ones.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ZombaBoy on Apr 11, 2020 wrote:
You know, saving the spiral and taking care of monsters left and right while also dealing villains and conspiracy theories all distract us from who we really are: a student of Ravenwood. We never really get any chance to experience what it feels like to be actual students in this game. The chances are so rare and few in between from one line dialogues to those pop in notifications to experience that student responsibilities that it feels so refreshing from the usual "you're the chosen one who is set to save us all!".

So, I propose daily side quests that help us feel the experience of a wizard-y student of Ravenwood. It is important that those quests are purely on the acts of being a student, not going around and killing monsters to gather stuff and the usual story line quests. Also, I propose student titles such Hall Moniter to head of Student Government and etc. These titles can be achieved by finishing a specific amount of side quests.

Another idea would be new mini games that show the life of a daily wizard student of ravenwood. These mini games can be from anything like cleaning up your room or your desk, to leading group projects, building a science project, running the fastest in P.E., or to who can finish the most assignments under a limit time. As long as it shows something related to the day to day life, it works. This can also be another way to give titles, by comparing scores between players or by achieving a certain score. Each mini game can also have a custom title set based on what the game is about.

I agree. The closest I've felt to being a "student" was the graduation ceremony ( level 100? ) and getting those school robes.
Maybe school assignments from our teachers in Ravenwood & the Arcanum are necessary. School uniforms would be cool, too. Or Letter Jackets?
Here's a daily school assignment - police the commons area and pick up trash. ( trash and trash bin appears when you accept the assignment. )
Ooh! At a higher level, you act as a student teacher for a lower level class of NPC students, you'll have to deal with discipline issues & slow learners. The better you do, the better your assignment score!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2020
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2020 wrote:
I agree. The closest I've felt to being a "student" was the graduation ceremony ( level 100? ) and getting those school robes.
Maybe school assignments from our teachers in Ravenwood & the Arcanum are necessary. School uniforms would be cool, too. Or Letter Jackets?
Here's a daily school assignment - police the commons area and pick up trash. ( trash and trash bin appears when you accept the assignment. )
Ooh! At a higher level, you act as a student teacher for a lower level class of NPC students, you'll have to deal with discipline issues & slow learners. The better you do, the better your assignment score!
Woah, I really like that idea! I'm kind of a student teacher in real life, so being one inside this game would feel so cool! Mentoring younger wizards, and maybe even building a following of students who respect and look up to us - all that sounds like a really cool idea I would love to see and play in the game!

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
This sounds really fun :)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
ZombaBoy on Apr 11, 2020 wrote:

Ho my, this is a spectacular idea! I would really get into this.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Yes, I've been thinking this for years!
The only two times when I've actually felt like a student was when we graduated at level 100 and when you're a level 48 myth wizard try to get Orthrus (I think) and Cyrus tells you to study!