Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for square sockets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Hey im not really a new player, but im not sure where else to post for this question. I am an exalted myth looking for a set of gear with as many square sockets as possible but do not know where to look, does anybody have any ideas for me? would be greatly appreciated.

- Angel OgreStone
Level 101 Conjurer

Administrator
devloto on Mar 23, 2020 wrote:
Hey im not really a new player, but im not sure where else to post for this question. I am an exalted myth looking for a set of gear with as many square sockets as possible but do not know where to look, does anybody have any ideas for me? would be greatly appreciated.

- Angel OgreStone
Level 101 Conjurer
Hi devloto! No worries at all, I moved it to general discussion.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Not sure why you would devote a search to just square socketed gear but here goes. The only gear you can socket at all is on the right side of the equipment screen and from that the most sought after gear is morganthe's school specific amulet which has a square socket and the paradox ring from empyrea or if high enough level, the dragoon ring from the catacombs both of which have square sockets.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
You'll probably want a bundle wand with 2 square slots, a deck with a square slot, an amulet with 2 square slots, and a ring. I know the Alpha and Omega ring is a nice ring with a square slot. The school Darkmoor amulet from Shane von Shane in Upper Halls drops has 2 square slots, and decks with square slots are easy to come by. I don't think you can put any square jewels into a wand until level 110 though, and you'll need to be level 130 for 2 slots.

Personally, I think that circle > triangle > square > tear in terms of slot values. Circle because pierce is just soooo good (speaking from a pvp standpoint, but it's nice to be able to punch Death mobs in the face or ignore part of a shield as well), triangle because it gives a variety of good stats to round out a build, square because there are many good defensive options (I usually use defense opals, but I wish I had stun resist opals), and finally tear because the 100ish extra health really isn't as good as any of the other options.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2017
Robobot1747 on Mar 24, 2020 wrote:
You'll probably want a bundle wand with 2 square slots, a deck with a square slot, an amulet with 2 square slots, and a ring. I know the Alpha and Omega ring is a nice ring with a square slot. The school Darkmoor amulet from Shane von Shane in Upper Halls drops has 2 square slots, and decks with square slots are easy to come by. I don't think you can put any square jewels into a wand until level 110 though, and you'll need to be level 130 for 2 slots.

Personally, I think that circle > triangle > square > tear in terms of slot values. Circle because pierce is just soooo good (speaking from a pvp standpoint, but it's nice to be able to punch Death mobs in the face or ignore part of a shield as well), triangle because it gives a variety of good stats to round out a build, square because there are many good defensive options (I usually use defense opals, but I wish I had stun resist opals), and finally tear because the 100ish extra health really isn't as good as any of the other options.
Its not 100 extra health, its 100 extra effective damage reduced on a hit. Atypically you want flygobs medallion, your respective khrysalis morganthe amulet, for classes that jade or have high effective health and resist rasputin amulet. You either want alpha omega ring, duelist ring, paradox/mimic ring, your respective school wand from the visionary+ crafts, a skyhook if you are anything not life or sherlock eyeglass/witch hunter bundles, or nimbari wands. You can especially gain high effective block when you have most of these which when in pvp the more you can sustain a hit the less chance your opponent kills you. If you are a resist or tankier school such as ice, death, life, this is usually favored highly.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
H34rty on Mar 26, 2020 wrote:
Its not 100 extra health, its 100 extra effective damage reduced on a hit. Atypically you want flygobs medallion, your respective khrysalis morganthe amulet, for classes that jade or have high effective health and resist rasputin amulet. You either want alpha omega ring, duelist ring, paradox/mimic ring, your respective school wand from the visionary+ crafts, a skyhook if you are anything not life or sherlock eyeglass/witch hunter bundles, or nimbari wands. You can especially gain high effective block when you have most of these which when in pvp the more you can sustain a hit the less chance your opponent kills you. If you are a resist or tankier school such as ice, death, life, this is usually favored highly.
Health is on tear jewels. Defense is on square jewels. I said that the defensive options of square jewels were better than the health bonus of tear jewels.