Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard names you want added

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
First names I would choose would be Pepper (Pyromancer), Jinx (Sorcerer), Tang (Conjurer), Morta (Necromancer), Nova (Diviner), Nora (Thaumaturge) and Vita (Theurgist).

Survivor
Dec 14, 2022
I'd love to see some of the first names from Pirate101 added, as well as more names from a larger variety of real-world places and cultures.
Wizard101 is a game played by so many people who come from a wide variety of backgrounds around the world, and I think that being able to name their wizard something familiar to them could make their adventures across the Spiral even more special!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Faris and Ferris for both boy and girl wizards!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Personally I really want to see the name Aurora be added for female wizards

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
NatsuLanteigne on Jun 5, 2023 wrote:
Personally I really want to see the name Aurora be added for female wizards
I'm with you on that, Natsu! My Pirate name is Aurora and I was actually going to create my Wizard's name to be Aurora for continuity reasons, but I was surprised to find that that was not possible (hence Fiona, LOL).

I also agree with many of the other commenters who suggested different diverse/cultural names. That would be very cool!

~F.I.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Sorry for the double post, but I just thought about this. If someone hasn't already suggested it, it would be amazing if you could add more Celtic names! Somebody in this thread suggested Siobhan/Siobhán, but there are so many other interesting names from Scottish Gaelic, Irish, and Welsh that present themselves, and are even really popular in the Celtic Isles. That's part of why I picked my name, Fiona (it comes from the Irish word for wine, fíon). Here are some examples:

Names for the Lasses:
  • Siobhan (Irish; female variant of Seán; pronounced /shuh-VAHN/)
  • Caoimhe (Irish; pronounced /KWEE-vuh/)
  • Niamh (a very common Irish name; pronounced /NEEV/)
  • Morag (a very common Scottish name; pronounced how it looks)
  • Eilidh (another common Scottish name; pronounced /EY-lee/)
  • Eabha/Eubha (Irish and Scottish, respectively; the first is pronounced like the name "Ava" and the second like "Eva")
  • Erin (coming from the Irish word for Ireland itself!)
  • Morfydd (Welsh; pronounced /MOR-fith/)
  • Mairi (an extremely common Scottish name; pronounced /MAH-ree/)

Names for the Lads:
  • Alastair/Alistair/Alasdair (a common Scottish name)
  • Sean (if you don't already have it)
  • Aonghas, or its Anglicization, Angus (very common Scottish name)
  • Calum/Callum (Scottish)
  • Ian/Iain (Scottish)
  • Fearghas, or its Anglicization, Fergus (Scottish—I know this is in P101, but I don't know about W101)
  • Finnegan/Finnigan (Irish—same with it being in P101, but I'm not sure about W101)
  • Finlay/Finley/Fionnlagh (Irish/Scottish—my personal favorite! Latter one pronounced /FYOON-luh/)
  • Daibhidh/Davey/Dafydd (Scottish, Anglicization, and Welsh, respectively; latter one pronounced /DAH-vith/)

Apologies if some of these are already in the game; I know some are already in P101. Some of these may seem hard to pronounce, but most of them are pretty easy, and also bear in mind that this isn't the first time they've added intricate or unique names (Pirate101 has Khadija, Zenobia, and Llewella—which is Welsh, so it isn't pronounced how you expect it!).

Additionally, some of these names have accent marks, but I doubt those would be accepted into the game, so I decided to omit them.

Enjoy!

Diverteix-te and good hunting,
~Fiona IronFlame, Level 23 Diviner

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I would like Khadija added to the list of names to be used in Wizard101. My max Musketeer on Pirate101 is Khadija. Its also my real name. Really hoping I can use it on Wizard101!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2019
Some school themed names. These are not grouped according to gender. (Some are derived from their original language meanings)

Fawn, Alder, Wren, Fern, Robin, Sage, Aspen, Vale, Adair, Willow
Damien, Raven, Onyx, Amaya, Desdemona, Lorelei, Morrigan, Azrael, Donovan, Obsidian
Iris, Atlas, Titan, Andreas, Pandora, Diana, Jasper, Leander, Kiran, Itzel
Summer, Pheonix, Ignatius, Ember, Samson, Seraphine, Idalia, Azar, Eliane, Admani
Zephyr, Sky, Cyrus, Ciel, Torben, Raine, Tempest, Gale, Raiden, Mistral
Crystal, Holly, Bianca, Sindri, Eira, Lumi, Winter, Miyuki, Khione, Gwen
Ari, Sahara, Acacia, Harmony, Niall, Leona, Jabari, Ramsey, Adara, Warren
Orion, Luna, Aurora, Astraea, Selene, Castor, Estelle, Nova, Leo, Sirius

I also like the ideas previously stated about more diverse names.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
Nediva(feminine)
Nadav(masculine)
And other Israeli names

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
I'd be thrilled if the name Liz were added for female wizards, and Sasha for both. They're names I've been wanting to use for a long time already

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Time sure flies :D it was only 3 years ago when this thread was first posted and now the new summer test realm coming out is going to have new names (and name change for 100 crowns) available to pick from. Hope people's suggestions for names makes it in, because there are a ton of good ones in here.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I'm sad to see no names that start with X. Though rare irl it'd be nice to see for boys Xavier, Xander, or Xerxes. And for girls perhaps Xena, Xia, or Xandra.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
xaviershark on Jul 23, 2023 wrote:
I'm sad to see no names that start with X. Though rare irl it'd be nice to see for boys Xavier, Xander, or Xerxes. And for girls perhaps Xena, Xia, or Xandra.
I agree! They have Xavier and a few other similar X names in Pirate101, but not Wizard101. (I still firmly believe they should have the same selection of first names between both games. Why the blazes can't I pick Aurora for a Wizard but I can for a Pirate? )

(P.S. I see that they at least updated the new names with Xavier. I just saw one walking around Wizard City tonight. )

Survivor
Mar 07, 2023
I can’t think of any specific names I would like added (none that haven’t already been suggested anyway) but what about alternative spellings for some of the names? Like instead of only having Ashley, why not offer Ashleigh or other versions of the name as well. I had to choose a name for my wizard that isn’t spelled like mine in real life, and having a wizard with my name but spelled wrong makes me kinda feel like the wizard isn’t really mine, if that makes any sense.