Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard names you want added

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
I would like some gender neutral names like Drew to be added!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would love the name Una and Oona for wizards and pets

Survivor
May 20, 2018
Dragon I would like to add this name into the game

Survivor
Aug 04, 2020
Boy Names: Ferris , Fin , Fuller , Darrian , and Weston

Survivor
May 30, 2012
Definitely Would Want the Name "Eli" in the game. I know Elijah is in the game but irl my name isnt Elijah, its just Eli.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2020
ok i didnt see any where else to post this idea but we should be able to change our middle and last name on our wizards maybe you can add that to the magic mirror

Survivor
Jun 24, 2020
Vampiricsoul1207 on Aug 15, 2020 wrote:
ok i didnt see any where else to post this idea but we should be able to change our middle and last name on our wizards maybe you can add that to the magic mirror
to add to this idea maybe add school exclusive names based on your level cause I think that would make things pretty exciting

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Not a wizard name but i would LOVE if i could name my pet Harper after my irl dog

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
W101 seems to have lots of weird but kinda elegant/fantasy names so I think we should have more of those

For girls:
Alternate spellings of names - Lora, Sofia, Sophie, etc
More gem/flower names - Lily, Opal, Hyacinth, Magnolia, Violet etc
Plus some other cool witch names like Ivana, Iris, Luna, Bellatrix, Thalia, and Alice

For boy names there's a couple I would like to see added like Dorian, Ezra, Elias, Arthur, Vincent, Sebastian (i honestly can't believe sebastian isn't on there already lol)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I'd like to see more variations on the spelling of names. Specifically 'Linsey' instead of just 'Lindsey'

Survivor
Jul 22, 2012
Some of these names might be in game already. If so I simply overlooked them...
First names:
1: Misty 2: Lizzy 3: Maryanne 4: Jeremiah 5: Jamal 6: Ashton / Asher 7: Manny 8: Nigel
9: Wendy 10: Suzy 11: Lillian 12: Gilligan / Gillian 13: Cadwell / Caldwell 14: Bobby
15: Chase 16: Kenny 17: Amethyst
18: Ruby 19: Krystal
Also What if someone wanted to go by a nickname or shorter variant of their name instead? Here's some ideas and examples I came up with:
1: Ash 2: Kitty 3: Liz 4: Jay 5: Sue 6: Sissy 7: Lilly 8: Joe 9: Bob 10: Ken 11: Kim
12: Cat / Kat / Katt 13: Jon / Ron 14: Amy
first part of last wizard name:
1: White 2: Iron 3: Steel 4: War 5: Cow 6: Bear 7: Shark 8: Bug / Beetle / Scarab 9: Wolf 10: Fur
11: Poison 12: Mushroom 13: Fungi / Fungus 14: Crystal 15: Leaf 15: Spiral
last part of last wizard name:
1: Fur 2: Scale / Scales 3: Storm 4: Wood 5: Cloak 6: Skin 7: Stalker 8: Finder 9: Seeker
10: Pelt 11: Spell 12: Mushroom 13: Slayer 14: Keeper 15: Belly 16: Knife / Dagger 17: Deck
18: Robe / Robes 19: Helmet / Hat / Helm 20: Boat / Ship 21: Gnome 22: Shell 23: Banner

-Name ideas came from various places. I can't share all due to copyright, but some credit to my Mother.
I got a few names inspired by The Furry Community, who I'd love to thank because before I discovered them I would not have shared any of my ideas. A few also came from Pirate101.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2015
Jack Stormshield on May 20, 2020 wrote:
I would love to see the option of "middle" names like "De la," "Du," "De l',"Di," "Da," "of the" "of" etc. and "last" names of areas and worlds. It would be interesting to see the new varieties of names like "Leonardo Da Wysteria" (aka Leonardo Da Vinci ) or "Julia of the Blade" (sounds pretty cool to me ).

Also, I'd like to see names of different origins like Kwame, Jafari, Lukas, Santiago, Mohammad, Cleopatra, or Jacques (Jacques is in Pirate101, so I don't know why it isn't in Wiz )

I name changer, like the Mirror Shop, would be awesome!!!!
Yes! Be able to change your name in the Mirror shop!!!!! Love this idea very much!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!! I vote for this 150%
thank you,
Devin Dragontalon

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Looks like a lot of people have gotten some good first names together, so I thought I'd focus on the latter half of the equation! One thing that was important to me while creating this list was sticking to the "themes" that are already established in the naming scheme of W101. Certain categories show up a lot in these last names, such as creatures, body parts, or magical phenomena. I wanted to work within these.

I created a spreadsheet of current names that can be seen here.

As I will be grouping these by category, not by location, I will denote prefixes- like so and -suffixes like so.

Attributes

Bitter-
Sharp-
Stout-
Sweet-

Body Parts

-Face
-Fang
-Feather
-Foot
-Scale
-Tongue

Creatures (with a lean toward those found in folklore and common familiars)

Asp-
Ferret-
Fox-
Mer-
Mouse-
Nymph-
Phoenix-
Toad-
Wasp-
Wolf-

Nature

Bark-
Berry-
-Brook
-Bud
Gravel-
Lily-
Shale-
-Spawn
-Spring
-Stream
-Wood

Profession-Related

-Brew
Butter-
-Hopper
-Fisher
-Flight
Knight-
-Reaper
Scroll-
-Shear
-Tender
-Turner
-Wright/er

Schools (for some reason, every school is an option except one)

Balance-

Going to submit for now so that I stop losing data to auto-logout. I may add a couple if I remember any, but this is the bulk of the list!

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
I think I would just want them to put a text box for choosing the name that has a limited number of letters.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I'm surprised Victoria is in this game but not Victor :/

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SunnyPhoenix on Oct 3, 2020 wrote:
Looks like a lot of people have gotten some good first names together, so I thought I'd focus on the latter half of the equation! One thing that was important to me while creating this list was sticking to the "themes" that are already established in the naming scheme of W101. Certain categories show up a lot in these last names, such as creatures, body parts, or magical phenomena. I wanted to work within these.

I created a spreadsheet of current names that can be seen here.

As I will be grouping these by category, not by location, I will denote prefixes- like so and -suffixes like so.

Attributes

Bitter-
Sharp-
Stout-
Sweet-

Body Parts

-Face
-Fang
-Feather
-Foot
-Scale
-Tongue

Creatures (with a lean toward those found in folklore and common familiars)

Asp-
Ferret-
Fox-
Mer-
Mouse-
Nymph-
Phoenix-
Toad-
Wasp-
Wolf-

Nature

Bark-
Berry-
-Brook
-Bud
Gravel-
Lily-
Shale-
-Spawn
-Spring
-Stream
-Wood

Profession-Related

-Brew
Butter-
-Hopper
-Fisher
-Flight
Knight-
-Reaper
Scroll-
-Shear
-Tender
-Turner
-Wright/er

Schools (for some reason, every school is an option except one)

Balance-

Going to submit for now so that I stop losing data to auto-logout. I may add a couple if I remember any, but this is the bulk of the list!
SunnyPheonix, welcome to these message boards! Very, very impressive first post on here. You have my respect for taking your time on this.

This is a very good thought of yours! A Wizard's surname is just as important as their first name. Your selection of suggestions is also likeable. I enjoy the variety that is shown here. If nothing else, thanks for the idea, and feel welcome here!

Sparck! Could you please pass this on to the development team? I think this would be appreciated by the community.

Administrator
Lookit Light on Oct 12, 2020 wrote:
SunnyPheonix, welcome to these message boards! Very, very impressive first post on here. You have my respect for taking your time on this.

This is a very good thought of yours! A Wizard's surname is just as important as their first name. Your selection of suggestions is also likeable. I enjoy the variety that is shown here. If nothing else, thanks for the idea, and feel welcome here!

Sparck! Could you please pass this on to the development team? I think this would be appreciated by the community.
Will do!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Rachel Dreamsong on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:
For me if I have to pick a first name we don't have in game yet, it would be Maple so if we ever get a name changer added in I could change my high level character's name to Maple (I plan to use Jade gear with her and I think the name Maple would be perfect for her)
That anime was funny, hoping there is a second season.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
I would love to see an updated list of names!
I generally play female characters so some names that i would love to see:
Chloe
Lana
Sofie
Luna
Zoe
I would also like to see "Balance" added to the list of last names since it is the only school that isn't an option for naming.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I choose Chris for all my Wizards, because my first name is Christian but I don't like it, so I shorten it to Chris.

In real life however, I use my middle name primarily- Gregory, Greg for friends and acquaintances, Gregor for family.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2020
It would be great if the game was more inclusive with names that arent popular just in the west. For example I remember there is an NPC names Katya (which is my name), but I ended up having to settle with Katherine.

Heres just some suggestions from my region for example - east europe and the caucasus. If some of these names exist then Im sorry, just cant remember all of the names game has to offer

Girls: Nina (Nino), Maia, Mariam, Lana, Yulia, Ia (Iya), Tamar (Tamara), Ketevan, Elene (Helen, Elena), Nikita
Boys: Lado, Saba, Sandro, Nikita (Nikolai), Anatoliy, Fedor, Misha

Of course its a biased set of names but I think that maybe some people will like selecting names that have the same root as westernized names, but still add a cherry on top

Survivor
Dec 09, 2015
I want to request a lot names. Some may be from games I play or Shows I watch but it's not like names are copyrighted.
Boy: Leon, Doyle, Howard, Victor, Reginald, Archer, Randy, Owen, Eren, Romeo, Ulrich, Zak, Ulysses, Morty, Marty, Solomon, Leonidas, Brock, Wally, Wallace, Allister, Kabu, Julian, Gordie, Lance, Piers, Augustine, Neo, Tobias, Asmodeus, Calvin, Ilya, Leo, Silas, Stan, Bill, Grimsley, Hilbert, Echo, Hugh, Nate, Geo, Giovanni, Rock, Ataru, Asher, Ben, Caesar, Allan, Spade, Slade, Marcus, Norris, Vance, Todd, Rupert, Vlad, Vladimir, Max, Seth, Rex, Orion, Calem, Salem, Tim, Faulkner, Avery, Samir, Danny, Cobalt, Nereus, Riku, Rio, Sora, Agni, Azar, Indra, Mortimer, Vulcan, Neptune, Chet, Chad, Sirius, Blaine, Dustin, Erasmus, Davis, Antreas, Raihan, Ford, Manny, Pike, Forrest, Drift, Fernis, Slate, Dylan, Dolan, Naseem, Nimbus, Pierre, Caspian, Ace, Gale, Hannibal, Ash, Damon, Zane, Xander, Wyatt, Levi, Chance, Ellis, Taizo, Casimir, Duke, Felix, Phineas, Vincent, Sterling, Trevor, Lionel, Susumu, Jet, Archie, Milo, Zaid, Abner, Amos, Cyrus, Keel, Shark, Maxie, Darcy, Enoch, Ezekiel, Gordon, Jarvis, Ignatius, Noel, Micah, Bede, Flynn, Finn, Sullivan, Gideon, Hector, Byron, Jethro, Rufus, Soren, Robin, Atticus, Cicero, Flavius, Hop, Primus, Ramses, Zephyr, Memphis, Theo, Gaius, Django, Sabata, Guzma, Elio, Helios, Dash, Dex, Oz, Miles, Van, Francis, Glare, Wiley, Zuko, Kellyn.
Girl: Lyra, Roxanne, Lillie, May, Laika, Bea, Beatrix, Cadence, Marnie, Julie, Debbie, Astrid, Cecilia, Celeste, Rebecca, Melony, Circe, Julia, Gwen, Ember, Amber, Daphne, Gaia, Snow, Lana, Luana, Luna, Sonia, Echo, Zephyr, Ambrosia, Alice, Lydia, Ruby, Blythe, Poppy, Phoebe, Pauline, Hinoiri, Calypso, Cressida, Pepper, Fuchsia, Indre, Theresa, Aria, Daisy, Nova, Rosette, Minerva, Valerie, Nessa, Jane, Gloria, Opal, Arrietty, Astra, Ciel, Sigrid, Suki, Electra, Mable, Fawn, Flannery, Flavia, Serena, Leona, Willow, Mildred, Amaterasu, Mira, Demeter, Terra, Frey, Undine, Anemone, Samira, Hestia, Luz, Nebula, Sol, Anja, Garnet, Estrella, Sandrine, Sora, Sylvie, Keiko, Flurry, Clover, Andromeda, Natalie, Azura, Delphine, Lake, Delta, Pearl, Marina, Misty, Enya, Skye, Stella, Lilou, Lucille, Birdie, Marjorie, Frida, Ursula, Viola, Zoe, Aster, Rosabel, Sina, Trudy, Zandra, Grenda, Klara, Weiss, Agnes, Anastasia, Agatha, Iris, Ivy, Holly, Hazel, Anna, Hilda, Marigold, Margaret, Ophelia, Mavis, Ingrid, Juno, Junko, Ramona, Zinnia, Violet, Nancy, Odette.
Middle: Cryptic, Enigma, Boulder, Hydro, Stelar, Black, Obsidian, Magma, Aqua, Decay, Flash, Viper, Disaster, Chrono, Glacier, Umbra, Skull, Nature.
Last: Strike, Bolt, Scorch, Shimmer, Gust, Gloom, Spider, Note.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
This is, imho, a terrible idea!

Its bad enough that my friends and i aren't online at specific times each day or even on specific days, but then to change names? how in the world will i find specific people? who goes with which name? how did we meet? did we laugh together or wipe out a dungeon easily?

Make friends? how shall we know each other if name changes become common? Part of being friends helps make the game fun when we can chat/talk to each other. Otherwise we could just play solitaire

Yes, adding names to choose from when starting a new wizard would be delightful for most people, but not after creating a wizard

Please reconsider: you could end up a solo player!
NO NO NO please, no changing a wizards name after he/she has been created

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
morning star on Nov 24, 2020 wrote:
This is, imho, a terrible idea!

Its bad enough that my friends and i aren't online at specific times each day or even on specific days, but then to change names? how in the world will i find specific people? who goes with which name? how did we meet? did we laugh together or wipe out a dungeon easily?

Make friends? how shall we know each other if name changes become common? Part of being friends helps make the game fun when we can chat/talk to each other. Otherwise we could just play solitaire

Yes, adding names to choose from when starting a new wizard would be delightful for most people, but not after creating a wizard

Please reconsider: you could end up a solo player!
NO NO NO please, no changing a wizards name after he/she has been created
I'm already a solo player so...

Also, you should see my thread. We're tossing around various ideas to rectify this potential for confusion, and we've got some pretty solid ones that "imho" should put this concern to bed for good if implemented wisely.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Natan, Ivan, Vanya, Vassily, Tima, Timofey