Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard names you want added

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Leupold would be a great death wizard name.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
I just want the ability to be able to change my wizards names.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
How about Bay as one part of the ending names? I would appreciate it as a part of the last name for my storm character.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I think it would be fun if the names of planets, constellations and astronomical objects could be wizard names.

It would be cool to meet wizards with names like Molly Mars, Polly Pulsar and Samantha Supernova.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Feminine names: Bianca, Felice or Felicia, Ginger, Naomi, Uma, Ursula, Wendy, Willow, Winifred, Zoe
Masculine names: Finn, Hector, Horace, Ignacio, Oliver, Oscar, Ulysses, Uziel

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Gina and Melanie! I can't believe they aren't names already.

Defender
May 27, 2013
I would just like to see the name Robin included.

Thanks.

Survivor
May 06, 2017
Enzo as a boy name. Don't know why it hasn't been added yet.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Probably a rather unpopular opinion, but on the topic of names I think all names should be available to all wizards, regardless of if they choose a male or female character.

I’m also in the group of wanting to change my 11-year-old wizards name, and I’d happily pay crowns for the opportunity.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2017
Vincent. I can't even type the name in the chat filter

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
It would nice to see more black/African inclusive names as well
Some examples:

Male: Adrian, Corey, DeOndre, Demetrius, Damon, Idris,Fidel, Jamal, Jaden, Leroy, Malik,Terrel, Kofi, Omari, Xavier
Female: Akira, Ayana, Desiree, Deja, Ebony, Imani, Kiara, Latrice, Maya, Nia, Rika, Serena,Tania,Tyra, Zola, Zuri

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
As far as names go, it would be nice to see these names added:

girls - euridyce, sarina, tina, josephine, uma, wendy, gloria, trixie, gigi, louise, marney, bella, tori, regina, camille
regan, beverly, tessa

boys - orpheus, marcel, finnius, leland, raymond, bruce, wayne, claus, bo, benny, bela, jasper, hiram, ken,
vincent, lance, emil, freddy, winston, sasha, ivan, lenny, chico, ulysses, julius, julian, trent, jeff

unisex - chandler, ira, kim, leslie, drew

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I'm sure I'll come back with more later, but I want to point out that Travis is not a name we can use for our wizards.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2018
can't u just make a filter and let player chose their names freely? it so cringe to be named with the base names
just make names only people with open chat can see or something

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
deNoob on Jul 11, 2020 wrote:
can't u just make a filter and let player chose their names freely? it so cringe to be named with the base names
just make names only people with open chat can see or something
I think the concern with this that they might now have enough moderation staff for it. Easier to just update the preselector.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Girl: Regina.

I've been wanting this name since forever, and since there's already an NPC named Regina Flametalon in Wizard City's Golem Court.... Please?

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Regina_Flametalon#axzz6SCJsFIno

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Some girl's names ideas:

Annie, Beatrice, Bella, Charlotte, Chloe, Claudia, Dahlia, Darla/Darlene, Elise, Gemma, Gina, Harper, Hazel, Isla, Jackie, Jamie, Jane, Kate, Laurel, Lena, Lily, Luna, Naomi, Octavia, Olive, Ophelia, Reagan, Robin/Robyn, Skylar, Sophie, Theodosia, Uma, Violet

I've also been frustrated for years that many common names are available for pets in W101, but not characters - like Stella, Holly, and Lucy.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
My opinion is that the names shouldn’t be restrictive to genders. I am a woman named Aidan and (I would like this name to be added) but the problem is that this name is traditionally male. and I’m pretty sure I’m not only one with unconventional name that feels frustrated by the name list. I also would like to change my wizard’s last name because I came up with it when I was young and think it’s cringey. Please do consider those suggestion.

Explorer
May 23, 2013
Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
Hello fellow wizards and staff!

I thought why not suggest adding new names since the test realm is already open? I know people would LOVE new names. Is this possible to happen? Since you can customize your look when you make a new character, is it possible to type your own wizard name? Of course there would be rules like, no personal information, no harmful words, or anything like that.

Toontown online had this when you made a character, and it had to be reviewed by the staff (if it's inappropriate or declined, it would be rejected and you'd have to pick a new name)

I hope you guys could possibly do something like this, or at least add more names to the selection!

Erin 78 ❄️

Survivor
Sep 22, 2018
Survivor
Apr 17, 2017
I'd like the Feminine first names: Josephine, Nicole, Harmony, Melody, Karai, Bianca Clarice, and Olivia added.
And the Masculine first names: Mort, (Morty, or Mortimer would work to.) Vigo, Amir, Vigilance, Vendall, Iago, Shen, and Nikolai.

As you may have noticed from some of my entry suggestions, I think adding more variety from varying cultures around the world would add a stronger sense of fantasy to the game.

I also think adding some new middle and last names would be cool to. Such as: Knight, Fluke, Searing, Scorch, Black, Coal, Scythe, Steel, Noble, Vigor, Manifest, Tempest, Sky, Fall, Fear, Fathom, Form, Valiant, Quest, Cry, Chanter.

I also think adding a new dialogue mechanic where certain ncps such as the professors and various others we interact with often use the player characters first names after the initial introduction. Like when starting a quest to get a new spell from a teacher or going to see ambrose. They'd refer to the wizard by name instead of just calling them wizard or young wizard.

Being called wizard all the time by all the npcs is a little condescending and seems a little underdeveloped for all the games other impressive mechanics. It would add a sense of realism to the game if the npcs were to refer to the player by their characters first name.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Delver
Dec 13, 2008
i know the name allan is in game but i think another varient should be added as well like alan because i have at least 3 friends that are named alan but have to use the name allan instead i also think "aaron's" shouldnt be in read its hard to talk to my friend and i dont really get why thats in red in the first place ya know?