Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP balancing method, KI twitter follow

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Ok i've manage to watch K I live twitter stream on the pvp balancing methods, and some of the ideas towards shadow spells gains and turn base pvp are excellent. However, simply just adding those system in place isn't going to nullify certain issues such as turtle strategies, mantle and weakness spamming or spamming in general to win matches, but it sure is going to help quite alot with the first-second dynamic issues. The shadow meter is a good method of controlling shadow access in pvp and the idea of using offensive and defensive spells to regulate that is also completely well thought of. Whoever came up with such an idea deserves some props, even I didn't think that was even possible. With that out of the way lets get into some in depth current issues that has raise some concerns amongst me and my fellow wizards. With the release of the newly catacombs gears certain schools have manage to reach a drastic increase in power spike that completely contradicts the sole purpose as to why these schools, while having this current change, created an unbalance meta in the damage department. Certain schools are pretty much capable of one or two shoting other schools while schools such as life suffer drastically within this meta.

Now am not trying to make any excuse on the idea of how scion spells basically leveled the playing field for some schools, but this idea that your able to do 6000+ damage in just a few rounds with or without counter-play is a little absurd. If shadow spells were all that bad then scion aren't quite that different. Even tho one relatively consumes more pip and less spam both shadow and scion are doing exactly what i don't want to see in max pvp having the capacity of doing mass amount of damage with just one spell. This isn't suppose to be a quick match system here in regular pvp we have a mode for that already. Therefore the idea of scion doing x2 the normal damage in pvp should be remove and only apply to pve. Im going to make another post and am going to give you a heads up because am about to throw some shade on 3 specific schools, that's been top tier in pvp for the last 5 yrs and explain why these schools need adjustments.