Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Road Warrior's Hoard Pack and drop rates.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2018
Hey everyone!

I just spent 130+ dollars on crowns about two nights ago trying to get the Road Warriors Chopper permanent mount. After opening the pack literally over 200 times, to my surprise I still did not receive the mount. Which is insane. I don't know if it is like this with all of the other packs, but the drop rates need to be fixed. However on top of that, they just took the pack out of the game so I am a little upset with Wizard101 at the moment. I understand that its just the luck of the drop, but at this point I feel like I am trying to win the lottery when trying to get something out of a pack and it makes me not want to spend my money. Sorry for the rant! just explaining my situation!

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Hi, I do believe the more we ask for an increase in drop rates......the more they actually lower the drop rates. I used to do what you did to try and get a spell or a certain item......but no more. I use the 3 strike and out rule. After that happened to me 3 times and buying god only knows how many crowns...(and that was back when they used to have monthly crown sales) I knew the drop rates are insanely low, so I quit doing that. Take it from me and save your crowns for items you know what you are getting. Good Luck fellow wizard.
Scarlet ShadowStone -

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You should have taken advantage of the super pack that was being offered where spells and mounts saw an increased drop rate.

It always seems that when you're opening a pack for anything else but the mount, that's when you get it, but if you're trying for the mount, that is when it takes a while.

While these packs are leaving, it's only temporary.

KI using have events such as "Pack-A-Palooza" that sees all retired packs returning to the Crown Shop; usually at a discount as well.