Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm needs to be buffed!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2019
Storm is easily the worst school when it comes to pvp. Storm has much less health than all the other schools and storm has the least accuracy. Every battle from the beginning storm is at a clear disadvantage. With how much health the other schools have storm can't really one-shot. Their spells just arn't good enough to make up for their low health and accuracy. Whether thier health gets a big buff, or their spells are buffed, something needs to happen. Otherwise storm will continue to be the worst school for pvp, and many storm wizards will stop pvp or just quit all together.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
romangreen789 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
Storm is easily the worst school when it comes to pvp. Storm has much less health than all the other schools and storm has the least accuracy. Every battle from the beginning storm is at a clear disadvantage. With how much health the other schools have storm can't really one-shot. Their spells just arn't good enough to make up for their low health and accuracy. Whether thier health gets a big buff, or their spells are buffed, something needs to happen. Otherwise storm will continue to be the worst school for pvp, and many storm wizards will stop pvp or just quit all together.
I sympathize with you, but...

"With how much health the other schools have storm can't really one-shot."

I'm not sure I want it to be easy for any school to "one shot."

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
romangreen789 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
I think you are asking for too much. I'm sure you are aware that storm wizards can have 200 or more damage? With that much damage, and who knows how much pierce. Storm has plenty of good things going on its side already.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
DarkAce88 on Feb 11, 2020 wrote:
I think you are asking for too much. I'm sure you are aware that storm wizards can have 200 or more damage? With that much damage, and who knows how much pierce. Storm has plenty of good things going on its side already.
You do not do PvP

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Storm cannot get 200 damage lol, that's completely false. This is a PvP thread, where storm struggles and has the lowest w-l ratio of any school.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
Storm cannot get 200 damage lol, that's completely false. This is a PvP thread, where storm struggles and has the lowest w-l ratio of any school.
As a Balance, I would rather duel a Storm Wizard than any other school, because if I draw the right cards, I have a pretty good chance of winning in three turns. Storm pays for high damage with low resist.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
Well if you consider bubble and a may-cast damage aura pet then its possible for storm to attain 200% damage for the duration with damage gears. Risky but possible i once face a storm with 165% damage base 40~45 resist ish. 44 pierce. Those insane bolts were doing 4k xD no joke.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Feb 17, 2020 wrote:
As a Balance, I would rather duel a Storm Wizard than any other school, because if I draw the right cards, I have a pretty good chance of winning in three turns. Storm pays for high damage with low resist.
Right but then some people claim that balance doesn't have set up potential xD. As a pvp player I would rather duel everything single school without having to worry about mana burn, efreet, and ice having access to damage.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
That is not entirely true other wise they would of been up in the tier list, but they have been bottom tier for god knows how long, because of this purely insane RNG built into storm kit and lack of actual defensive utilities. I think its about time Storm gets the easy access to tier 1 making everyone fear storm once and for all. While ice, balance and fire become the 3 lowest tier schools aka harder to play. These low risk high reward schools need to go the meta needs to change and bring fresh schools into the system. I don't want to see ice fire and balance in the top 3 seed again in 5th age. They had a good long 5 yrs run since dark moor time to go.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
That is not entirely true other wise they would of been up in the tier list, but they have been bottom tier for god knows how long, because of this purely insane RNG built into storm kit and lack of actual defensive utilities. I think its about time Storm gets the easy access to tier 1 making everyone fear storm once and for all. While ice, balance and fire become the 3 lowest tier schools aka harder to play. These low risk high reward schools need to go the meta needs to change and bring fresh schools into the system. I don't want to see ice fire and balance in the top 3 seed again in 5th age. They had a good long 5 yrs run since dark moor time to go.
This is all really due to the critical nerf that occured. Storm in a secret patch got a health buff but it really was not enough. storm's ideal point should be, defeat quick before being hit, or if you're familiar with terms.. "Glass cannon" but this becomes useless the moment your hit with utility. just as an example mana burn.. storm is hit for about 1/4 of their health and their pips are gone. compare this to any utility that does damage and basically storm is now just crippled. storm's only utility is storm lord. and can be countered by stunblock or conviction. then the rest of storm's good low pip hits are all rng.

tldr; basically what I'm trying to say is because of storm's lack of utlity, low health, rng reliance, and the crit nerf. Storm doesn't even have the capability of being a glass cannon they're hitting just as hard as life in pvp and dying faster than blinking.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
xTsuin on Mar 1, 2020 wrote:
This is all really due to the critical nerf that occured. Storm in a secret patch got a health buff but it really was not enough. storm's ideal point should be, defeat quick before being hit, or if you're familiar with terms.. "Glass cannon" but this becomes useless the moment your hit with utility. just as an example mana burn.. storm is hit for about 1/4 of their health and their pips are gone. compare this to any utility that does damage and basically storm is now just crippled. storm's only utility is storm lord. and can be countered by stunblock or conviction. then the rest of storm's good low pip hits are all rng.

tldr; basically what I'm trying to say is because of storm's lack of utlity, low health, rng reliance, and the crit nerf. Storm doesn't even have the capability of being a glass cannon they're hitting just as hard as life in pvp and dying faster than blinking.
Yea and that's why I'm one of many voting on hard ner'fs to fire, ice and balance atm. Im not overly concern about critical nerfs but the fact that ice can block and critical in the same match to me is a bit concerning, although much of what you stated in definitely on point for storm atm. If fire can get away with doing everything x2 better than storms its about time k i changes the way storm works and make them the once renown fear they once were the school of unfairness? xD perhaps who knows.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2019
Well storm is actualy kinda really good now. Getting up to 7k health along with powerful attacks.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
romangreen789 on Mar 9, 2020 wrote:
Well storm is actualy kinda really good now. Getting up to 7k health along with powerful attacks.
Am not sure how bottom tier fits into the "good" department. For one thing i notice with that 7k hp setup, it kills your no-fizzle chance by a good bit. So most rely on infallible may-cast pets or accuracy boosting talents. However, despite that storm doesn't have any good utility spells and can be shut down a lot using set shields, brace and aegis elemental or spirit blades to prevent scion.