Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Beetle and Leprechaun Spellements

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The Ice Beetle and Leprechaun Spellements are currently not available, though you can see them in the Spellbook.

Enjoy the sneak preview! And don't worry, Ice Beetle will have other tiers.

These two Spellements will be available in the future!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I don't want any tiers, I want to be able to enchant my own spells with gargantuan and colossal. Why are you changing the way we enchant spells? This will not go well with PVP players.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
picador1 on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
I don't want any tiers, I want to be able to enchant my own spells with gargantuan and colossal. Why are you changing the way we enchant spells? This will not go well with PVP players.
You can still enchant your spells with those sun spells. These tiers just permanently upgrade your spell so that its base damage will be higher. So when you enchant your higher tier spells you will get even more damage

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Nuolong on Jan 9, 2020 wrote:
You can still enchant your spells with those sun spells. These tiers just permanently upgrade your spell so that its base damage will be higher. So when you enchant your higher tier spells you will get even more damage
What Picador is referring to is enchanting those cards with treasure card Monstrous/Gargantuan/Colossal (it can also go as far as Tough/Giant/Keen Eyes/Accurate/Sniper/Unstoppable/Extraordinary but those are used less).

Many PvP players and farmers will enchant damage spells with treasure card Gargantuan/Colossal, so that after the match, if they don't use the treasure card, they will have an enchanted spell in their sideboard which they can move into another deck to create a sideboard full of enchanted attacks. For example, if I enchant Scorpion with TC Gargantuan, and then kill the enemy mob with a different spell, the spell becomes a 410-450 damage Scorpion treasure card. This technique is used very widely in PvP with many players at max level carrying their only attacks in their sideboard, and having their main deck full of support spells, which helps vastly in avoiding deck clutter.

Right now, if you enchant a spell that is able to be upgraded via Spellements with a TC Gargantuan or any treasure card sun spell for that matter, you are not left with an enchanted card in your sideboard. You will simply have the original TC Gargantuan (or other sun spell that you used) in your sideboard and not the enchanted card. This is inconsistent with how treasure card enchantments have been working since as long as they have existed, and many players are displeased about it especially since today is the release of a new update that gave every single 2 pip spell a spellement upgrade. Eventually, if every spell gets a spellement upgrade, no player will be able to carry enchanted treasure card attacks in their sideboard.

I'm not sure if this was an unintended bug by KI for the enchanted spell to not remain in your sideboard after a match, but I really hope that it is indeed a bug and it slipped past KI's notice, because that's what it seems like it is. If it isn't a bug, then in my personal opinion, Spellwrighting was executed very poorly even though the original idea was good, and I believe a lot of players will agree with me.

Hopefully Sparck can shine some more light on this situation and define whether this is intended or a bug.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
The above posters are absolutely right. PVP players (and others too!) want to be able to make enchanted treasure cards. This has been an essential part of the game since 2009.

Most PVP players are very unhappy about losing enchanted treasure cards but most haven't complained because they say "Kings won't listen to us". Several of us did complain on this forum in mid-December and we got no response. See https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/please-restore-our-ability-to-make-enchanted-treasure-cards-8ad6a4256efe842f016f1078b7fa0ed5?page=1

It is not the same thing to carry the hits in main deck and enchant them on the fly. It makes a big difference in game play. Many players don't like the "classic" style of tournaments because it's largely luck of the draw who gets the hit they need first. Many players use their enchanted 2 pip hits to kill minions and need to find them quickly. Many players use enchanted fire elf as a main hit; even some non-fire players have trained fire elf to hit with. Some storm players trained fire elf so they can make storm elf tc. Keeping enchanted hits in the sideboard allows players not just better deck organization but also to pack more total fire power. (On my higher level wizards, I enchant the hits in my deck but I also still carry enchanted hits in my sideboard.) Without enchanted hits, the game balance will be hugely in favor of players whose strategy is stalling to run players out of cards and patience. Fun, huh?

Also, having removed the enchantment of reindeer and krampus without warning is very unfair to those schools, especially reindeer which is a staple of lower level pvp. Quite a few players bought ice mastery amulets so they can hit with enchanted reindeers. How do you think ice players feel about suddenly being denied access to a basic game mechanic that others can use?

Please give back our enchanted treasure cards. If Kings feels that enchanted spellement-enhanced spells would just be too powerful, then maybe just allow us to choose to keep our original spell and be able to enchant it. Thanks for reading and I'm sure some of the long time PVP players would be happy to discuss this further if Kings would like more information.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
PvP King on Jan 21, 2020 wrote:
What Picador is referring to is enchanting those cards with treasure card Monstrous/Gargantuan/Colossal (it can also go as far as Tough/Giant/Keen Eyes/Accurate/Sniper/Unstoppable/Extraordinary but those are used less).

Many PvP players and farmers will enchant damage spells with treasure card Gargantuan/Colossal, so that after the match, if they don't use the treasure card, they will have an enchanted spell in their sideboard which they can move into another deck to create a sideboard full of enchanted attacks. For example, if I enchant Scorpion with TC Gargantuan, and then kill the enemy mob with a different spell, the spell becomes a 410-450 damage Scorpion treasure card. This technique is used very widely in PvP with many players at max level carrying their only attacks in their sideboard, and having their main deck full of support spells, which helps vastly in avoiding deck clutter.

Right now, if you enchant a spell that is able to be upgraded via Spellements with a TC Gargantuan or any treasure card sun spell for that matter, you are not left with an enchanted card in your sideboard. You will simply have the original TC Gargantuan (or other sun spell that you used) in your sideboard and not the enchanted card. This is inconsistent with how treasure card enchantments have been working since as long as they have existed, and many players are displeased about it especially since today is the release of a new update that gave every single 2 pip spell a spellement upgrade. Eventually, if every spell gets a spellement upgrade, no player will be able to carry enchanted treasure card attacks in their sideboard.

I'm not sure if this was an unintended bug by KI for the enchanted spell to not remain in your sideboard after a match, but I really hope that it is indeed a bug and it slipped past KI's notice, because that's what it seems like it is. If it isn't a bug, then in my personal opinion, Spellwrighting was executed very poorly even though the original idea was good, and I believe a lot of players will agree with me.

Hopefully Sparck can shine some more light on this situation and define whether this is intended or a bug.
I noticed I can no longer enchant Scorpion for my side deck. Enchanted two pip hits in side deck are something most everyone uses and everyone needs, whether they know it or not. I use scorpions to break shields and kill minions.

Maybe one day they intend to make spellements for scorpion, but never mentioned it to anyone, just made it so we can't enchant scorpion.

This part of the update offers zero benefit to players, just reduces the flexibility of our side decks.

I protest.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
picador1 on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
I agree. Limiting our side decks is a bad thing.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
is the only way to get these spellements thru the card pack? or is the leprechaun spellements dropping somewhere else

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Idony09 on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
is the only way to get these spellements thru the card pack? or is the leprechaun spellements dropping somewhere else
mimic is dropping them it ranges from 1-30 from it its rare but me and my friend were getting them while farming for the crit ring so thats a start the fight is easy too so yea

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
sword tree on Jan 23, 2020 wrote:
The above posters are absolutely right. PVP players (and others too!) want to be able to make enchanted treasure cards. This has been an essential part of the game since 2009.

Most PVP players are very unhappy about losing enchanted treasure cards but most haven't complained because they say "Kings won't listen to us". Several of us did complain on this forum in mid-December and we got no response. See https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/please-restore-our-ability-to-make-enchanted-treasure-cards-8ad6a4256efe842f016f1078b7fa0ed5?page=1

It is not the same thing to carry the hits in main deck and enchant them on the fly. It makes a big difference in game play. Many players don't like the "classic" style of tournaments because it's largely luck of the draw who gets the hit they need first. Many players use their enchanted 2 pip hits to kill minions and need to find them quickly. Many players use enchanted fire elf as a main hit; even some non-fire players have trained fire elf to hit with. Some storm players trained fire elf so they can make storm elf tc. Keeping enchanted hits in the sideboard allows players not just better deck organization but also to pack more total fire power. (On my higher level wizards, I enchant the hits in my deck but I also still carry enchanted hits in my sideboard.) Without enchanted hits, the game balance will be hugely in favor of players whose strategy is stalling to run players out of cards and patience. Fun, huh?

Also, having removed the enchantment of reindeer and krampus without warning is very unfair to those schools, especially reindeer which is a staple of lower level pvp. Quite a few players bought ice mastery amulets so they can hit with enchanted reindeers. How do you think ice players feel about suddenly being denied access to a basic game mechanic that others can use?

Please give back our enchanted treasure cards. If Kings feels that enchanted spellement-enhanced spells would just be too powerful, then maybe just allow us to choose to keep our original spell and be able to enchant it. Thanks for reading and I'm sure some of the long time PVP players would be happy to discuss this further if Kings would like more information.
even tho i dont pvp whatsoever i really think that these changes are good for the people who are really wanting it to be better but as for not getting a reply i wouldnt expect it because sparck not only doesnt reply more than once on any post as far as ive seen since he's been admin and really should he also doesnt notice ALOT of posts they need more admins than just sparck for this reason i get he is one guy but come on its not enough at this point

Survivor
Jun 28, 2019
I surprisingly got an Ice Beetle Spellement, but I don't remember where I got it. I believe it was from a Boss in Unicorn Way or from Zeus in Mount Olympus of Aquila.