Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice needs an overhaul.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
As an Ice main ive recently noticed that Ice falls short compared to basically every other school.
A friend of mine recently made a good point that Ice would be a much better fit as a Brawler/Berserker school rather than a pure tank as it currently is. Turning Ice into this could reduce its health and resist but raise its damage to balance that loss. To compliment the stat change Ice should get spells that function more to protect their entire team (Shadow Sentinelish) or aura's that absorb/reflect damage.

Thanks,
Wolf GiantWard

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
WolfA661 on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
As an Ice main ive recently noticed that Ice falls short compared to basically every other school.
A friend of mine recently made a good point that Ice would be a much better fit as a Brawler/Berserker school rather than a pure tank as it currently is. Turning Ice into this could reduce its health and resist but raise its damage to balance that loss. To compliment the stat change Ice should get spells that function more to protect their entire team (Shadow Sentinelish) or aura's that absorb/reflect damage.

Thanks,
Wolf GiantWard
You must have just started playing this game because ice are technically bruisers right now which is super unhealthy in pvp. Ice now has the ability to be super tanky and rack off storm damage stats and also can trade off resist for pure critical and damage. It all comes down to what pet you have and gears. Also if your not using pay to win gears your basically stuck with typical stats from in game content gears. Ice is in a position right now that requires nerf than any kind of implemented buff.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
You must have just started playing this game because ice are technically bruisers right now which is super unhealthy in pvp. Ice now has the ability to be super tanky and rack off storm damage stats and also can trade off resist for pure critical and damage. It all comes down to what pet you have and gears. Also if your not using pay to win gears your basically stuck with typical stats from in game content gears. Ice is in a position right now that requires nerf than any kind of implemented buff.
I think he is talking about pve. Snowball barrage isn't that great compared to the other shadow aoes.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
As of late, every school has the potential to have damage comparable to Storm without the same drawbacks, such as low health and resist.

Ice is no exception. It is possible to have an ice wizard with 170% damage. It is also possible to have an ice wizard with guaranteed criticals on top of 123% damage. This is without even mentioning the ridiculously high health that ice wizards possess.

Currently, there is absolutely no reason that ice wizards should receive any type of buff and they certainly do not fall short to the other schools.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Sep 21, 2019 wrote:
I think he is talking about pve. Snowball barrage isn't that great compared to the other shadow aoes.
Snowball barrage has the capacity to out damage any shadow hits at full pips. The fact that, that's even possible makes me wonder what direction is ice heading towards too in the effective term of brokenness.