Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sales tax on membership fees?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I was charged this morning for my monthly membership rate, which is normally $9.95, but I was charged $10.69 for some reason.

Is sales tax now being added to the monthly membership rates?

I know this started to be a thing with crowns purchases last year (and I also know because I purchased some crowns just a few days ago and there was sales tax added on), but I wasn't aware this was going to start with membership fees as well?

Was there a notification that went out that said this was going to be the case? Or is this a case of "it's pending" in my bank account, and it will end up being $9.95 when it posts?

Thanks in advance!

Administrator
Halimeda on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
I was charged this morning for my monthly membership rate, which is normally $9.95, but I was charged $10.69 for some reason.

Is sales tax now being added to the monthly membership rates?

I know this started to be a thing with crowns purchases last year (and I also know because I purchased some crowns just a few days ago and there was sales tax added on), but I wasn't aware this was going to start with membership fees as well?

Was there a notification that went out that said this was going to be the case? Or is this a case of "it's pending" in my bank account, and it will end up being $9.95 when it posts?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Halimeda! No worries here, this is just a pre-VAT indicator. It should still resolve to the proper amount.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Ah, okay, thanks Sparck! I thought that might be the case, but I thought I would check. Thank you for your help!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Sparck on Aug 22, 2019 wrote:
Hi Halimeda! No worries here, this is just a pre-VAT indicator. It should still resolve to the proper amount.
It did not resolve to the proper amount.

So my question still stands? Does membership now include sales tax (or some type of combined out of state sales tax because of the Supreme Court ruling last year)? Because it hit my account at $10.69 as of August 22nd, not $9.95 the way it usually does. I mean, I don't care if it does have an additional charge, but am I the only person this has happened to?

Also I don't know what a pre-VAT indicator is? I live in the U.S. so I'm not sure what that even is?

Has this happened to anyone else?