Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why trading would be beneficial

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2015
transferring crowns is already a thing, so what about transferring items between accounts? I have an old account with a lot of cool stuff on it, but I never use that account anymore because it does not have open chat and most of my characters are on my new account. I think it would be awesome to be able to transfer items between accounts if they are linked, that way all my old stuff isn't completely lost.

Maybe not even restrict it to linked accounts, I think that if mounts and other items were tradeable with other players, and crowns were also allowed to be traded, the game would have its own economy, which is beneficial to both kingsisle and the players. Obviously some items should be trade locked. Another concern is people getting scammed. One idea I have is to only allow trading for text-open chat users, as well as have a trade hold similar to how steam does it. Also make trading an option that has to be turned on before being used, similar to open chat or gifting items. If people still somehow manage to get scammed after the escrow and/or mobile verification, scammers could be reported and trade banned.

I realize this is something kingsisle hasn't done most likely to avoid people getting scammed, but I think that the risk of being scammed is nothing compared to the benefits of having trading. Trading would be a great way to encourage players to buy crowns, and probably get more people interested in the game.

Some might argue that this is too similar to gifting, and is useless. Well, gifting, one, only works with crowns items, and two, the only way to pay people back is with either another gift or with treasure cards. With a trading system, players will have the option to buy non crowns items with crowns, which would be great for kingsisle.

What do you guys think?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2018
I agree trading should be a thing! I've been looking for certain gear/reagents/etc. for a while and usually I just have to ask around the commons and then get someone to sell the item to the bazaar so I can buy it. It would be a thousand times more beneficial to just trade directly for the items just in case I don't have enough gold for bazaar prices. Here's what I was thinking:

Click on a character and click "trade" and your backpack pops up, you choose which item you'd like to trade and how many if possible. Both characters choose what they want to trade and it pops up on both screens what you're trading so you can accept or decline it and you can't get scammed because 1.) you'll both see exactly what the other traded and how many 2.) you can decline it if it's not what you agreed on.

The regular rules for gear would still apply so it wouldn't be possible for someone to use gear that's above their level, however they can still sell it for gold if that item would usually be able to be sold, the same way you can sell items above your level from the shared bank. I think giving the option to see what the other player is trading before agreeing would prevent most scamming and issues regarding the gear (even be able to see the gear details if you hover over it regularly). This also helps people see exactly what the gear does since you can't type out numbers or certain words via game chat. I don't see any downside here, but if anyone does, please let me know!