Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting Dropped Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
I know, I know… this topic is EXTREMELY overused BUT hear me out.
Instead of just saying "This should exist", I'll go over WHY I think it SHOULD exist.

1. I would LOVE to farm places like Loremaster, Koto, Lambent Fire, etc. more often but hate when I receive spells for something other than my own class. If we were able to delete certain dropped spells, I'd be more willing to take the time and farm these places for the spells I need for my class (Thus spending more money on Memberships, TC, Henchmen, etc.) and EVEN USE the Second Chance Chest at the end of the dungeon. I'd be willing to throw a lot of money down to the Second Chance Chest if it could mean I could get all the spells I want without having to go through the somewhat tedious process of crafting the spells. (I'm not against those who Craft as that's a fine way to get spells too, I just don't have as many of the rarer reagents compared to other people and want alternative options that can save time)

2. Places like Takanobu, Lambent Fire, and Aprhodite II are rarely farmed by other classes who have no association to the spell within the Boss Battle. If I were able to delete a "Burning Rampage" or "Catch of the Day" on my Life character instead of being forced to keep it, I'd be more WILLING to help players out in those fights without the fear of getting a spell I don't desire.

3. People would be MORE WILLING to farm packs specifically if we were given the option to delete dropped spells from pack drops. I'd farm for Ratatoskr's Spin in the new Grizzleheim Lore Pack more willingly if I was given the option, should it occur, to delete "Grendel's Mend" and/or "Hammer of Thor" should I get it before the card I wanted. I'd also be more willing to farm older packs for certain spells knowing there is no fear in getting an unwanted spell as I can just delete it. I've already spent more than 10K+ on Grizzle Lore with no luck but should I get a spell, I want it to be a spell that's for my own class. I'd be willing to spend more on packs if there was no risk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Additionally, I'm aware that certain types of people who don't exactly understand what I'm getting at will say:
"But what about the people who worked hard to get their dropped spells?"
or
"But what about people who utilize secondary classes?"

What I'm asking for does NOT influence the overall chances of getting spells or remove spells you currently own from your inventory that you don't want to get rid of, it simply provides those who DON'T want their Spellbooks cluttered with unwanted spells the option to fine line their spells to be more befitting to their own class. This has no direct correlation to the factor of what it takes to get a spell in the first place.

Also, I personally don't adhere to the usage of "Secondary Classes" as if you tend to learn how your own class operates, you won't NEED secondary classes to get by in the main game.
I'm not necessarily against using "gimmicked battle styles" like being a Death Jade or a Life Attacker, I just don't see eye to eye with (Example) being a Fire and using Death spells without FULLY using what Death has to completely offer as albeit its not needed for being a good Fire. People have told me to use my Training Points to train Tower Shield and/or Feint as a Life when I don't want my other training points being wasted on things like "Frost Beetle" or "Ghoul" to get to the spells people are wanting me to have trained in my Spellbook in the first place.

(I also get it, people WILL play how they want. I'm not against that notion but my above point is to be taken solely as an opinion. We are all entitled to one, as much as you may not like what I have to say or albeit be incorrect for any reason, it must be respected and listened to as it might be at least helpful to bring certain conversations/ideas/etc. to the table and create some positive influences for the game and the community.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully, we can create a conversation about this. Kingsisle is more than welcome to chip in their opinion about this. I don't see this as something too difficult to create as we were once given the option to delete side quests. It would be a similar structure but ONLY for dropped spells. Trained spells do NOT count as you can have trained spells purchased through training points removed via Mr. Lincoln. Spells that we learn naturally through level progression or other important vendors ALSO wouldn't count.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sanza250 on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
I know, I know… this topic is EXTREMELY overused BUT hear me out.
Instead of just saying "This should exist", I'll go over WHY I think it SHOULD exist.

1. I would LOVE to farm places like Loremaster, Koto, Lambent Fire, etc. more often but hate when I receive spells for something other than my own class. If we were able to delete certain dropped spells, I'd be more willing to take the time and farm these places for the spells I need for my class (Thus spending more money on Memberships, TC, Henchmen, etc.) and EVEN USE the Second Chance Chest at the end of the dungeon. I'd be willing to throw a lot of money down to the Second Chance Chest if it could mean I could get all the spells I want without having to go through the somewhat tedious process of crafting the spells. (I'm not against those who Craft as that's a fine way to get spells too, I just don't have as many of the rarer reagents compared to other people and want alternative options that can save time)

2. Places like Takanobu, Lambent Fire, and Aprhodite II are rarely farmed by other classes who have no association to the spell within the Boss Battle. If I were able to delete a "Burning Rampage" or "Catch of the Day" on my Life character instead of being forced to keep it, I'd be more WILLING to help players out in those fights without the fear of getting a spell I don't desire.

3. People would be MORE WILLING to farm packs specifically if we were given the option to delete dropped spells from pack drops. I'd farm for Ratatoskr's Spin in the new Grizzleheim Lore Pack more willingly if I was given the option, should it occur, to delete "Grendel's Mend" and/or "Hammer of Thor" should I get it before the card I wanted. I'd also be more willing to farm older packs for certain spells knowing there is no fear in getting an unwanted spell as I can just delete it. I've already spent more than 10K+ on Grizzle Lore with no luck but should I get a spell, I want it to be a spell that's for my own class. I'd be willing to spend more on packs if there was no risk.
Additionally, I'm aware that certain types of people who don't exactly understand what I'm getting at will say:
"But what about the people who worked hard to get their dropped spells?"
or
"But what about people who utilize secondary classes?"

What I'm asking for does NOT influence the overall chances of getting spells or remove spells you currently own from your inventory that you don't want to get rid of, it simply provides those who DON'T want their Spellbooks cluttered with unwanted spells the option to fine line their spells to be more befitting to their own class. This has no direct correlation to the factor of what it takes to get a spell in the first place.

Also, I personally don't adhere to the usage of "Secondary Classes" as if you tend to learn how your own class operates, you won't NEED secondary classes to get by in the main game.
I'm not necessarily against using "gimmicked battle styles" like being a Death Jade or a Life Attacker, I just don't see eye to eye with (Example) being a Fire and using Death spells without FULLY using what Death has to completely offer as albeit its not needed for being a good Fire. People have told me to use my Training Points to train Tower Shield and/or Feint as a Life when I don't want my other training points being wasted on things like "Frost Beetle" or "Ghoul" to get to the spells people are wanting me to have trained in my Spellbook in the first place.

(I also get it, people WILL play how they want. I'm not against that notion but my above point is to be taken solely as an opinion. We are all entitled to one, as much as you may not like what I have to say or albeit be incorrect for any reason, it must be respected and listened to as it might be at least helpful to bring certain conversations/ideas/etc. to the table and create some positive influences for the game and the community.)
Hopefully, we can create a conversation about this. Kingsisle is more than welcome to chip in their opinion about this. I don't see this as something too difficult to create as we were once given the option to delete side quests. It would be a similar structure but ONLY for dropped spells. Trained spells do NOT count as you can have trained spells purchased through training points removed via Mr. Lincoln. Spells that we learn naturally through level progression or other important vendors ALSO wouldn't count.
Sounds majestic expect i have one question, what if by you deleting those unwanted spells when your helping others to farm you get it over and over again? Also it seems a bit nostalgic as i once had the same opinion until i learn to accept it the way it is. I also don't believe this should discourage you from helping others attain the same spell because in truth your giving them a better chance in receiving it. Once a spell is received its permanently lock towards your account that has always been clear to us. So look on the bright side of things its better to have more than less.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
angellifeheart on Aug 13, 2019 wrote:
Sounds majestic expect i have one question, what if by you deleting those unwanted spells when your helping others to farm you get it over and over again? Also it seems a bit nostalgic as i once had the same opinion until i learn to accept it the way it is. I also don't believe this should discourage you from helping others attain the same spell because in truth your giving them a better chance in receiving it. Once a spell is received its permanently lock towards your account that has always been clear to us. So look on the bright side of things its better to have more than less.
Dropped spells could be removed on more than one occasion.
Example: If you get Handsome Fomori twice while farming for Catalan in Lore as a Storm, you'd be given the option to delete Fomori BOTH times.

I'm a nostalgia buff too but I feel things can always change for the better, the more OPTIONS the player can utilize the better. I know its good will to help others in need but I don't want to face any risks in gameplay as I always play things the most optimal way possible. I just have too much OCD to wanna deal with something I know I'll never use.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
angellifeheart on Aug 13, 2019 wrote:
Dropped spells could be set to be deleted more than once.
Example: If you're farming for Catalan on your Storm and get Handsome Fomori twice, you could delete Fomori both times you get it.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
Sorry for the double reply, Kingsisle was approving posts later in the day yesterday and they chose not to approve mine until this morning.

Kingsisle, if you're in your offices approving posts for Falmea's Double Gardening Notice, why not just approve people's posts that were already in queue for other sections of the forum. Its just infuriating as I thought I said something wrong when my post wasn't approved.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Why would you want to delete a spell? It costs nothing. There's no limit. If you don't want to use it, don't add it to your deck. Who knows, it might come in handy some day.

Now if we could transfer them to another character, THAT would be cool.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2019
Frost Wind on Aug 14, 2019 wrote:
Why would you want to delete a spell? It costs nothing. There's no limit. If you don't want to use it, don't add it to your deck. Who knows, it might come in handy some day.

Now if we could transfer them to another character, THAT would be cool.
You're basically justifying the lack of such a feature. This is why we can't have nice things.

It doesn't come in handy if you're a Life and you're trying to fight the Storm Titan in Empyrea and you're like "Well why don't I use Winter Moon". The only time something from another class is acceptable without team/gear/spell/etc. optimization is if you're a low level casual player. It doesn't work well for others by joining teams with spells that are mostly ineffective in your deck. (The only exception I can give since its a commonly used method of gameplay is for other classes to learn Pigsie (Now Grendels Amend as well) since most other classes don't have immediately directable heals (Except for Storm, Balance and Myth)(Although, Fire has Power Link, Death have Drains, Ice has Snow Drift))

If you can understand those who have things like OCD and/or are players who mold a character specifically to represent its own class, then I'm more than welcome to hear you out on that.

Transfer to another character wise, I'm all for that but it would require a lot more technical know how. It would be easier to just simply add a feature that removes dropped spells or allows you to reroll for another spell in the cost of deleting the spell you just got.

Also if in case people cite this as well, I am NOT against the use of Treasure Cards (Even Dropped Spell TC). Although I wouldn't recommend using them unless you're of the class to use it or if it is a universal effect TC (Shielding, Blading, Healing, etc.), I'm not completely against someone having such a card in their TC pool. Strictly opinion. All above is strictly opinion.