Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this reportable?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
If someone is clearly trolling in a dungeon/boss fight (ie wand hitting stacked feints, playing into a boss's cheats, etc.), is that a valid reason to report them?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Travis GiantTalon on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
If someone is clearly trolling in a dungeon/boss fight (ie wand hitting stacked feints, playing into a boss's cheats, etc.), is that a valid reason to report them?
Playing badly is not reportable...which is just as well for most of us who have made mistakes at times!

If someone is difficult to work with in the team you can start over with a different team and if you're using team up you can avoid being matched with them again by putting them on ignore. We don't get teamed up with people we have ignored.

Sorry you've had that frustration and also keep in mind it might not be deliberate. I've met some lovely players who just hadn't got their head around the different spells and would make battle-changing mistakes regularly...and no, they were not all low level! Some players love the game but never really work out the spells for other schools or how to use strategy. It doesn't mean they're bad people or deliberately trying to annoy you, they're just playing the game the best they can. Please don't assume malice

Good luck and I hope you find great teams throughout your journey

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While the issue seems to be one that requires attention, it is not a reportable offence.

You will always come across trolls within the game.

It's annoying and a hassle to deal with, especially when they are within your team.

Nevertheless, ignoring them is probably the best way to deal with the situation.

Good Luck!

And remember, don't feed the troll.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for your response, but I was really hoping for an official response from KI. Not that your response isn't valued, it's just that I would rather have an official answer as opposed to an opinion :)

Also, though not playing optimally is certainly not reportable, I personally think it should be allowed to report someone who intentionally tries to make life difficult (or impossible) for everyone in the dungeon. Basically every team-based game has "intentionally throwing" as a reportable offense.

I agree with you that we should initially give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Especially since this game has such a diverse player-base, it's usually really hard to tell if someone if they are messing up on purpose, aren't fully mentally developed, or are running the dungeon for the first time (and want it to come as a surprise). However, that being said, I think it's pretty safe to assume malice when someone emote-spams "Good luck!" every round when they trigger the boss's cheats.

Since I know there have been other questions about what is reportable, I think it would be useful if instead of players typing in what bad things the reported player did, they would select it from a drop-down menu. That way, it would be much more clear what is reportable and what is not, and we wouldn't have to ask this question again :)

Administrator
There's a fine line here where it 'could' be reportable. If they are repeating their actions and disrupting gameplay in an abusive way, it can be reportable. If you have any doubt, please do report your concern. We would rather like to hear from you to evaluate the concern then you worry about whether it's the right thing to do or not.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Sparck on Jun 11, 2019 wrote:
There's a fine line here where it 'could' be reportable. If they are repeating their actions and disrupting gameplay in an abusive way, it can be reportable. If you have any doubt, please do report your concern. We would rather like to hear from you to evaluate the concern then you worry about whether it's the right thing to do or not.
I think when it comes to reporting someone, most people use caution and do not report for fear of getting in trouble for something that is not reportable.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Travis GiantTalon on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
Below is the latest information on what is or what is not reportable.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/account-help-through-kingsisle-support-8ad6a42568e642ef0168f23789943f16/8ad6a42568e642ef0168f23789af3f17?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a42568e642ef0168f23789af3f17

Your situation sounds like a 1.) leave dungeon/change realms 2.) put that player on ignore. Doing this will get immediate results as the ignore feature is also suppose to prevent you from getting matched up a Team-Up queue.

Look at the key terms for submitting a report...."truly egregious behavior". I doubt a report will achieve what you are looking for, as it won't prevent the player from being in contact with you again and I doubt a KI employee would ban/sanction a player from what you described, given that player might actually be that bad at the game and is not doing it on purpose. Remember, very young players might be playing this game too (like can barely read young).