Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster should be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
angellifeheart on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
Ok? then let me tell you something about the accuracy part, their is no other school able to attain more accuracy that life. Having the spell base of 90% accuracy + 24% jewels +13% from gear(34) boost all adds up to 124 base now u take -35 from that you end up with 89% accuracy which makes it at 11% chance of fizzle which can still put you in the down side of things especially when your opponent is in shrike. The fact that people are coming out here saying lore is the only good spell they have forgot about spells like king art, or spectral blast or even ninja pigs that was just released a while back. But that's not the issue the issue is you guys want to keep both the effects instead of one because you like to see your opponent fizzle back to back if they could without any actual counter. At max level its even worse as many balance mains have access to this spells and usually stack pips until they can shrike and just spam lore back to back. For you that's balance right? not even luminous weaver is as oppressive as lore. Yet is force to use luminous weaver as their only low pip damage source with balance having access to nearly 4-5 low pip decent damage spells.
Hi

I would have to say your dead wrong with that info not all life wizards fizzles to be honest.

Make a video of a life wizard fizzling 10 times from loremaster spell.

I bet the life wizard will only fizzle like 3 times max against loremaster spell.

There's a way to have fire and balance do agreemeant fire stops using burning rampage balance will stop loremaser spamming.

You haven't try that yet it will be a better idea if fire stopped using burning rampage and balance would stop spamming loremaster spell.

so it the fire wizards choice to choose if he wants loremsater being spammed by clicking on burning rampage or not.

Jennifer

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I am dead wrong with what? i simply give you a stat analysis on the possible outcome of someone able to fizzle from lore. Fizzle in itself is simply a micro stun even if you fizzle once, at max level that can be a huge take away for the opponent especially when your up against balance. I base my facts on numbers and iv'e also tried what you stated and fizzled 4/10 times that match with one setting being back to back fizzle. That is enough window and opportunity for a balance to gaze in shield into lore again. Your logic within other schools towards your own is a bit concerning while i tend to look at the program as a whole.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Lore is fine , there are counters to lore. High resist to balance being one, also use +35accuracy/20 Pierce TC's into your hits and or heals and that will counter the -35 mantel every time. If you happen to be in a lore vs lore battle you come out on top even from second because you will cast the other guy wont.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
masterryan1969 on Aug 3, 2019 wrote:
Lore is fine , there are counters to lore. High resist to balance being one, also use +35accuracy/20 Pierce TC's into your hits and or heals and that will counter the -35 mantel every time. If you happen to be in a lore vs lore battle you come out on top even from second because you will cast the other guy wont.
That is a very fun fact, and in some cases true to its beating heart. The fact that extraordinary helps with accuracy issues and provides pierce is probably one of the most heavily underused cards in the game. However, you are giving up ton of damage boost if you do not have a global spell or strength enchant in you disposition, making the weakness quite effective. Give or take it tends to have its moments, but in the long run lore vs lore epic enchants always beat extraordinary enchants base on my analysis.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
masterryan1969 on Aug 3, 2019 wrote:
i dont think we should be forced on the defensive because of this, it should be that we keep our play style in pvp. lore affects a lot of lower level pvp players too. 2 loremasters can KO lv30-60 players. hmm something doesnt seem right here.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I disagree that Loremaster should be nerfed or have it changed from 4 to 5 pips. In PVE, I use the loremaster spell quite a bit and it has saved me may times. I worked very hard to get the reagents to craft the loremaster spell on my wizard and because it is only 4 pips to cast I can enchant it and hit on round two most of the time. Plus the weakness that it puts on the enemy is also helpful so that I take less damage, especially from ice bosses. I do not PVP so I am not trying to discuss anything related to the continuing debate about this spell in PVP. I just wanted to give my two cents as a balance wizard that I would not like this spell to be changed because of how much I use it in PVE.

Thanks!

Autumn WH

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Im pretty sure the section of PVP speaks for itself in the pvp section. PVP changes should not affect pve i think this has been rather clear from the get go? Thanks for freely expressing your opinion on the wrong section.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
angellifeheart on Aug 18, 2019 wrote:
Im pretty sure the section of PVP speaks for itself in the pvp section. PVP changes should not affect pve i think this has been rather clear from the get go? Thanks for freely expressing your opinion on the wrong section.
I was responding to the title of the post, "Loremaster should be nerfed". I noticed that it was posted in the PVP section, which is why I made the comment in my original reply. If KI decided to make the spell 5 pips instead of 4, yes it would affect PVE. Your sarcasm is unnecessary.

Autumn WH

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Nordic Champion on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
I was responding to the title of the post, "Loremaster should be nerfed". I noticed that it was posted in the PVP section, which is why I made the comment in my original reply. If KI decided to make the spell 5 pips instead of 4, yes it would affect PVE. Your sarcasm is unnecessary.

Autumn WH
I am not being sarcastic because i think the implemented nerf on bad juju shows that pve can and should not be affected towards spells affecting pvp, comprende? This is a pvp only requirement.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Nordic Champion on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:

Autumn WH
Ma'am this is a Wendy's please place your order, if you would like to complain about Lore being affected in PvE you can go to Subway across the street

Even still a good solution here is to nerf some spells in PvP only like efreet

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
JewelKI on Aug 25, 2019 wrote:
Ma'am this is a Wendy's please place your order, if you would like to complain about Lore being affected in PvE you can go to Subway across the street

Even still a good solution here is to nerf some spells in PvP only like efreet
I wouldn't have use a fast food restraunt on rank pvp message board to be honest and subway it not that popalor to me to be honest.

If you want loremaster being nerfed to 5 pips that kinda not family friendly in my options as a player that loves the game.

If loremaster get nerfed to 5 pips it should gain more damage and keep both negative if it stays at 4 pips it keeps it damage and I rather have loremaster weakness removed then the mantle but it says at 4 pips without losing damage and it loses weakness.

Wouldn't that be more fair in rank pvp it would only have the mantle and no weakness and it would still cost 4 pips but losing the weakness

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudollsdeath on Sep 15, 2019 wrote:
I wouldn't have use a fast food restraunt on rank pvp message board to be honest and subway it not that popalor to me to be honest.

If you want loremaster being nerfed to 5 pips that kinda not family friendly in my options as a player that loves the game.

If loremaster get nerfed to 5 pips it should gain more damage and keep both negative if it stays at 4 pips it keeps it damage and I rather have loremaster weakness removed then the mantle but it says at 4 pips without losing damage and it loses weakness.

Wouldn't that be more fair in rank pvp it would only have the mantle and no weakness and it would still cost 4 pips but losing the weakness
It would of been fair for 4 pips if the base damage was lower to 400 base flat with -20 weakness and lose the mantle first then we decide if it should even keep the weakness since balance are able to stack weakness already. Since balance uses gaze as a reliable source of a shield by pass in shrike and getting a free +25% bubble for it, i seriously don't believe they should have the ability to do mass damage and prevent the opponent from counter play.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
It would of been fair for 4 pips if the base damage was lower to 400 base flat with -20 weakness and lose the mantle first then we decide if it should even keep the weakness since balance are able to stack weakness already. Since balance uses gaze as a reliable source of a shield by pass in shrike and getting a free +25% bubble for it, i seriously don't believe they should have the ability to do mass damage and prevent the opponent from counter play.
I think loremaster spell should still do more damage then Krampus spell and I'm trying to necative the minus blade and keep the mantle.

would it be better if the mantle was -20 instead of 30?

I would be okay with that and it keeps it damage the only mantle that would be stronger would be the 0 pips mantle.

I would be okay with a loremaster with a mantle with minus 20 mantle that way other players wouldn't have to fizzle as much but loremaster stays at 4 pips with it damage if kingsilse wants to make the mantle 10 I'm good with that also.

balance doesn't need the weakness with loremaster spell.

Always be friendly to other players and obey the family friendly rules even in rank pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudollsdeath on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
I think loremaster spell should still do more damage then Krampus spell and I'm trying to necative the minus blade and keep the mantle.

would it be better if the mantle was -20 instead of 30?

I would be okay with that and it keeps it damage the only mantle that would be stronger would be the 0 pips mantle.

I would be okay with a loremaster with a mantle with minus 20 mantle that way other players wouldn't have to fizzle as much but loremaster stays at 4 pips with it damage if kingsilse wants to make the mantle 10 I'm good with that also.

balance doesn't need the weakness with loremaster spell.

Always be friendly to other players and obey the family friendly rules even in rank pvp.
So your telling me that fire who is suppose to be the second highest damaging class you want to put balance in that position? lol I have been carefully analyzing your comments and im highly convince that your bias for balance and you have some kind of hatred towards fire. Which to be fair i won't entirely disagree with that because i believe fire and ice specifically just like balance are getting out of hand.

And once again no i don't think its fair for any low pip damage spells to have the ability to make your opponent fizzle end of discussion. There is no other way around it, your gonna be just like life luminous weaver which does 50 less damage than lore. Balance have heals and i dont even care if its a dot, it match satyr in strength. You get a gaze with a double hit and free bubble, u have mana burn thats broken and needs fixing u have super nova that needs pip increase, mantle chaining ability and weakness spamming what else do you want? A spell that makes you God Like? and immune to all schools? Where is the balance in balancing the balance school for Christ sake

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
Ok? then let me tell you something about the accuracy part, their is no other school able to attain more accuracy that life. Having the spell base of 90% accuracy + 24% jewels +13% from gear(34) boost all adds up to 124 base now u take -35 from that you end up with 89% accuracy which makes it at 11% chance of fizzle which can still put you in the down side of things especially when your opponent is in shrike. The fact that people are coming out here saying lore is the only good spell they have forgot about spells like king art, or spectral blast or even ninja pigs that was just released a while back. But that's not the issue the issue is you guys want to keep both the effects instead of one because you like to see your opponent fizzle back to back if they could without any actual counter. At max level its even worse as many balance mains have access to this spells and usually stack pips until they can shrike and just spam lore back to back. For you that's balance right? not even luminous weaver is as oppressive as lore. Yet is force to use luminous weaver as their only low pip damage source with balance having access to nearly 4-5 low pip decent damage spells.
Your the one that being bias some people earn loremaster spell not ever wizard craft it if ti go to 5 pips kingsisle owes a few players 50,000 crowns for ruining there's spell.

If loremaster goes to 5 pips it should do 4,000 damage against a tower shield it has to be equal to burning rampage spell.

and kingsisle would have to remove Krampus mantle also so fair can't have a spell either with a mantle slept for spoke.

If loremaster lose mantle Krampus loses mantle if loremaster goes to 5 pips Krampus goes to 5 pips every loremaster spell she drops should go to 5 pips that is 4 pips so no one can spam any loremaster spell.

You choose this style and I'm paying you bully rich warlords that always salty a lesson.

loremaster stays at 4 pips and get a better weakness then weaver -40 if it loses mantle

Tasha a friendly player to the ones that don't hate loremaster spell.

P:S:
I don't agree with AwesomeSauce about loremaster spell or any other spell he wants nerfed.

If you watched every youtube and looked at the comments you would see a new youtuber name disagreeing with him.

for 1 he nicer then you are 100% and not bias like you.

you are a 100% bully

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudollsdeath on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
Your the one that being bias some people earn loremaster spell not ever wizard craft it if ti go to 5 pips kingsisle owes a few players 50,000 crowns for ruining there's spell.

If loremaster goes to 5 pips it should do 4,000 damage against a tower shield it has to be equal to burning rampage spell.

and kingsisle would have to remove Krampus mantle also so fair can't have a spell either with a mantle slept for spoke.

If loremaster lose mantle Krampus loses mantle if loremaster goes to 5 pips Krampus goes to 5 pips every loremaster spell she drops should go to 5 pips that is 4 pips so no one can spam any loremaster spell.

You choose this style and I'm paying you bully rich warlords that always salty a lesson.

loremaster stays at 4 pips and get a better weakness then weaver -40 if it loses mantle

Tasha a friendly player to the ones that don't hate loremaster spell.

P:S:
I don't agree with AwesomeSauce about loremaster spell or any other spell he wants nerfed.

If you watched every youtube and looked at the comments you would see a new youtuber name disagreeing with him.

for 1 he nicer then you are 100% and not bias like you.

you are a 100% bully
How am I being bias? lol i don't have any favorites when it comes down to school balancing hence why i made a post on balancing schools and all schools were generally included. That's a very broad request, then am assuming you should judge that equally for all other spells? think about the amount of crowns k i would have to owe its players xD. No but seriously this has nothing to do with earning, remember this is related to pvp in other words it has to be fair all around it would still keep its current effect in pvp or so i hope. However for pvp spells has to be balance to meet fair requirements and most people agree than the issue with lore inst the weakness but rather its high damage base and mantle for a low pip spell.

What you was asking before was increasing the damage for 5 pip status while having both rather mainly you want mantle because you think its balance to do tons of damage and not give the opponent the ability to counter strike xD . Why do you think handsome famori and catalan both 5 pip spells have nearly 500 and 700 base damage with only a useless 25% mantle, I would of trade that off for a stun instead or a better upgraded weakness. That's really what balancing is. It will never be equal to a damaging class school because balance is in the same position as ice and life with low damage that is what you are not getting. Balance are not storm, fire or myth class giving more damage to balance like what they did now with those sinbad wands gave balance another huge buff. I'm really getting tired and fed up with max pvp when it comes to pay to win gears. Only 5 more days now currently to endure this madness.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
How am I being bias? lol i don't have any favorites when it comes down to school balancing hence why i made a post on balancing schools and all schools were generally included. That's a very broad request, then am assuming you should judge that equally for all other spells? think about the amount of crowns k i would have to owe its players xD. No but seriously this has nothing to do with earning, remember this is related to pvp in other words it has to be fair all around it would still keep its current effect in pvp or so i hope. However for pvp spells has to be balance to meet fair requirements and most people agree than the issue with lore inst the weakness but rather its high damage base and mantle for a low pip spell.

What you was asking before was increasing the damage for 5 pip status while having both rather mainly you want mantle because you think its balance to do tons of damage and not give the opponent the ability to counter strike xD . Why do you think handsome famori and catalan both 5 pip spells have nearly 500 and 700 base damage with only a useless 25% mantle, I would of trade that off for a stun instead or a better upgraded weakness. That's really what balancing is. It will never be equal to a damaging class school because balance is in the same position as ice and life with low damage that is what you are not getting. Balance are not storm, fire or myth class giving more damage to balance like what they did now with those sinbad wands gave balance another huge buff. I'm really getting tired and fed up with max pvp when it comes to pay to win gears. Only 5 more days now currently to endure this madness.
I'm not bias assuming I am doesn't give you a right to call me a hurtful name.

What ever you call me I'm going to say it right back at you.

All I care about is keeping loremaster at 4 pips and i will be happy okay.

no mantle no weakness just 4 pips but Krampus mantle would have to be removed also or it should go to 5 pips if loremaster spell goes to 5 pips.

and loremaster should honestly get more damage if it lose it mantle at 5 pips that the only way I can see it being a fair change.

Otherwise kingsilse would need to put a balance overtime spell to take off shields like fire and ice does.

If it stays at 4 pips and keep it damage as it is and lose it mantle and Kramus would have to lose it mantle also because both of them have mantle but Krampus mantle is -45 so that worst then loremaster weakness.

Tasha family friendly death wizard.

P;S:
private need a rank pvp outfit for gold from diego to make gear not that hard for them to get.

So they can have a fair chance in rank pvp to face players that have commander robe and veteran robe.

But the robe would only for rank pvp only not for questing.

Survivor
May 17, 2019
Am a storm wizard and you know when ever i try to pvp i end up dying to balance

I was lvl130 and he was lvl120
BTW

The first warlord I mate was just spamming lore and shields
Literally he just shields and puts that weakness on me with that much damage
its so broken for max pvp or even mid level pvp
And the funny thing is it only takes two pips

How many times has the community told you KI how many times?

Its a serious problem please please KI fix this spell its very broken

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Kyle death hammer on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
Am a storm wizard and you know when ever i try to pvp i end up dying to balance

I was lvl130 and he was lvl120
BTW

The first warlord I mate was just spamming lore and shields
Literally he just shields and puts that weakness on me with that much damage
its so broken for max pvp or even mid level pvp
And the funny thing is it only takes two pips

How many times has the community told you KI how many times?

Its a serious problem please please KI fix this spell its very broken

It actually 4 pips 2 powers pips get yours math better.

If it was 2 pipis only 1 power pip would be use to be honest.

And me and Jenniffer Tasha already made where the mantle was remove and the damage lowered to keep loremaster at 4 pips.

What wrong with the nerf I want instead of Angel LifeHeart wants?

He still gets the mantle removed what he wants and I get to keep the spell I love at 4 pips with lower damage.

Look at the spell and -200 damage from it and tell me without mantle and also the reduce on the damage how is my nerf not that good?

I switched my way for Angel LifeHeart so please think about others I did that why I switched

Samantha Max

the only spell that needs to be nerfed for balance is mana burn to be honest.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Make Loremaster a 5-6 pip spell and restrict it to Balance school ONLY. that would reduce the spamming/abuse of the spell and prevent off schools using it.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
DragonLady1818 on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
Make Loremaster a 5-6 pip spell and restrict it to Balance school ONLY. that would reduce the spamming/abuse of the spell and prevent off schools using it.
I disagree about loremaster going on more pips it can lose mantle and a little bit of damage but not gain anymore pips it stays at 4 pips.

I think kingsisle on test realm has it right you don't get it yours just a bully player who wants easy wins as a life wizard.

get a real life and stop complaining about loremaster complain about burning rampage it needs a nerf more then loremaster to be honest.

Samantha

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Loremaster is not broken, and it doesn't need to be nerfed. The issue players have with it is its ability to be spammed. Nerfing spells to "fix" pvp has been an issue since 1st age pvp. It has not changed. So, the issue aren't the spells, but the mechanics of pvp. How can pvp be fixed without nerfing spells? Here are a few ideas:

1. Limit how many spells can be used in a deck (this includes tc's). I would suggest 3-4 spells max. This will prevent any spell from being spammed.

2. Make it turn based. Many tournament matches are designed this way. This will allow players going second to respond more appropriately to certain spells, like Burning Rampage and Bad Juju etc. Bad Juju can be restored the way it was because of this idea and idea number 1.

3. Have a time limit. I would suggest 30 minutes. This will prevent matches from going several hours long. This was an idea that was presented in 1st age pvp but was ignored.

4. Use a point system. These points will show on the screen, so players know who is winning. Players who constantly heal and use Guardian Spirit will lose points. It will follow similarly as the Diego tournament set up. Any healing spell will cost player points. I hate it when players simply spam these spells, so they should be punished accordingly.

I think these ideas should be looked into instead of ignored. They are not perfect and may need updating/revamping, but these ideas and others like it shouldn't be cast off because nerfing is simply easier and lazy.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Barbie934m on Nov 8, 2019 wrote:
I disagree about loremaster going on more pips it can lose mantle and a little bit of damage but not gain anymore pips it stays at 4 pips.

I think kingsisle on test realm has it right you don't get it yours just a bully player who wants easy wins as a life wizard.

get a real life and stop complaining about loremaster complain about burning rampage it needs a nerf more then loremaster to be honest.

Samantha
First, I don't use Loremaster on either of my Life wizards but, I do use it on both Balance wizards. I don't have a problem with the pips being raised to 5-6 pips either. I don't agree with removing Weakness or Mantle from the spell UNLESS it is for PvP ONLY. Which defeats the purpose of battling to prove skill. Nerfing spells does NOT do that.

Many of the crafted spells are 5 pips. Raising the pips will reduce the spamming/abuse of Loremaster in PvP.

I am not a bully player nor do I go for easy wins.

As for your last statement, I will refrain from comment.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Barbie934m on Nov 8, 2019 wrote:

Samantha
By the way, I don't have a problem with Burning Rampage or any other spell for that matter.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Just so you know, Loremaster has been nerfed in the new update. It does less damage and its weakness and mantle are both less powerful.