Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 Mega Post - Improvements V.1.0

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2014
Hi guys , hi wizard101 webmasters, my ingame name is Scarlet Crow i am 28 years old and i am from greece.
I want to discuss some matters with you all that i believe will improve the game and the gameplay experience and i will place them in some order.

1st. packs : packs in the crown shop are an awesome way to retrieve some unbelievable items like gears or housing items and many more, but there is one problem , we dont even know what every pack can give to us, so the problem is simple i want a nice death wand for my wizard with specific attributes like the highest death critical chance or the highest piercing wand but i dont know which pack may contain this desired wand, so ? instead of trying my 0% luck on every pack i just dont buy anything at all!

Solution : when we hover our mouse over the pack put a bubble :chance to contain this rare gear, or jewel or anything (shows gears and attributes)

2nd. Solo vs Team : as you can see IF you can see i am member since 2014, i enjoyed the game so much when i started but after a while the game got so hard for me (khrysalis) that i coulndnt solo anymore, as i am not from us and in greece this kind of game is not that much famous unfortunately so i did not have any friend to help me on this game so i can progress further on (and no, henchmen is not a solution, especially on bosses that major cheats cause we cannot control them) so then i quited the game until i started again 2 weeks ago.

solution 1 : Change the crown hencmens and/or minions (like malduit) so we can control them
solution 2 : Change the diffuculty of each enemy to be harder or easier depending if solo or 2 player team, 3 player team of full team (exception are the hidden bosses , skeleton bosses etc that gives high tier items )

3rd. Storm School : well well, what can we say here, we have one OP school that has the greatest attacking spells, attacking attributes and can achieve 100% critical and 100% accuracy ! in a pvp match as we blade up to attack a storm, storm just use a sirens for example giving you a major hit with blades or not if not a kill , and you losing all your blades and BACK to square 1. As a result the major community is being run by storm wizards everywhere eventually and the other schools especially death are equal to trash on pvp .

Solution : keep everything as it is if you think its balanced, but dont give them 100% accuracy even at level 130, so someone will have a chance to win somehow against them.

4th. PVP Benefits. This one i think is really cool and will bring a new evolution on wizard. Winning and scaling up on pvp is harsh and time consuming and all for what ? for a badge? a Rank 1 title? I thought of a new way to make it more interesting that already is....

I ll try to make this as simple as i can , all schools can compete in pvp and in the end of the season (montly is better) each rank 1 from every school can be a Wizard101 hero until the next month that a new Wizard101 hero have been Declared (through highest rank on pvp) . So like this we can have the Rank 1 Storm Wizard , Rank 1 Death Wizard etc. what is the purpose of that? The Wizard101 hero will have some increased stats as long he is a Wizard101 hero like global resist, critical block or critical chance, health (500+), energy etc. ! He can have 1 unique School spell that only a Wizard101 Hero can receive and 1 global Wizard101 hero spell that every school Wizard101 hero can have! he will have a Unique aura around him that will make him special among the other players like golden particles or certain particles depending the school (black particles for death, fires around the fire hero etc) and some other benefits he may have is a global chat fuction that every wizard can see and/or a unique store near the pvp arena that gives a hero-like armor set and wand with no attributes to stitch , a special pet or pets (global or school specific with unique talent or talents or no selfish talents) . there are many ideas that you can add on the Wizard101 Hero but those are the most epic i thought of.

5th Pet Stitch : This one is something i think all may need, i am a death wizard, i need a death look like pet near me , so if i have a life bat pet with death talents or because i want the unique card that this pet would give to me i would really like to have the opportunity to stitch the appearance of a deerknight pet that i OWN with my life bat tallents and card so it will have the card i want, the talents i want and the Apperance i love , of course with a price higher that normal gear crown stitching.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Hi Scarlet!

After reading your post, I can see the frustrations you faced as you played the game.

As such, I will attempt to clarify and elaborate a few things in hopes that playing will be a bit easier for you.

Issue I (Packs) - Packs contain a plethora of items, so a simple screen showcasing all the items by a mouse scroll over isn't sufficient. It may end up impeding major areas of the game or worse, slow down it's performance etc. What I can suggest you do though is head over to Wizard101 Central; particularly the wiki. There, you will find a complete list of all the packs and the items they each have. Access this unbelievable database here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Card_Packs#axzz5lqSP1Qme

Issue II - Difficulty is already adjusted as per player vs team when facing bosses. This is seen when more minions appear as per player. But I do see where you're getting at in this post though. But, might I add, if this was the case and boss' health are adjusted alongside tactics etc. based on the number of player(s) facing him, then what would be the point of teamming up? This would eradicate the very reason why KI has made bosses as such requiring team effort to overcome.

If servers over on the Greek lack players, you can try joining the US ones over here since they tend to be more populated.

Issue III (Storm) - Every school has the potential of achieveing 100% or more accuracy. It isn't just storm. By level 80, it is possible for most schools while some others may have to wait until level 90 or 100. While I agree that sometimes, the school may appear to be "OP," please note that the school still suffers from the same weaknesses it had from level 1. Poor health and defenses.
Also, schools such as fire seem to be taking over the 'damage' aspect over storm.

Issue IV (PvP Benefits) - Clever idea but I can see this being derailed easily and quickly. PvP is already unbalanced and a bit toxic. Players would want to see these needs addressed before updates such as the one you mentioned be incorporated.

Pet Stitching - Not sure how I feel about this one. This, similarly to Mount Stitching I also think takes away from the whole idea of hatching and purchasing mounts.
If you want a Deer Knight with death talents, hatch with one having talents you like. You want to use lifebat? Purchase a Treasure Card.

Again, clever thoughts. Just have to consider how this will affect the game and the players around it.