Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What was nightside before it had a school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2016
what was nightside before it had the death school?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
THIS COULD MAKE AN AMAZING POST!!! :)

The story of the Nightside: headlining interviewee Dworgyn!

Everyone post their own unique story of what you would say the Nightside was. (plus how was the door put in even if it just crashed? Does Professor Ambrose know? Spook spook...)

<< That's supposed to be a face xD

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
mydraketwizard on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
what was nightside before it had the death school?
My guess is that it was a secret secluded place that only Malistaire, Dworgyn and death students were aware of since Ambrose apparently had no idea the area even existed.

This would make sense since Marla Stinger, a death student, is in the area, but seems to still be taking classes as a normal student wizard would. As well as a perfect place for Malistaire to seemingly make the death school "disappear".

Perhaps this is where they came to conjure up spirits and practice death magic.

Neat topic
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Malistaire Drake took the Death School and it's surroundings and hid it somewhere in Wizard City. So Nightside is pretty much the Death school.

I'm not sure about Sunken City though.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I'd really like an official word on its origins.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
If you look in Ravenwood, there's a giant hole between the Myth and Fire schools where the Death school used to be. That's what became Nightside... that entire missing land mass, including the Death school, Death tower, Mortis the Death tree, and even the missing stretch of sidewalk from Ravenwood.

Before that section of Ravenwood dropped, chances are the door behind the waterfall was the original entrance to Sunken City. That could explain why Grubb's existence was in question by Cyrus Drake. None of the other professors even knew about the door, which made it the perfect hiding spot for Malistaire.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Merle Ambrose "Goodness, the Death School fell into Nightside and survived?"
Dworgyn "What, the school is no longer part of the campus? That would explain why I haven't seen any students, I must go out more often."
The Death School was once part of Ravenwood Campus. At the start of the game ( remember? ) Malistaire goes to Golem Tower for something and confronts Ambrose with his new student.
Therefore, I believe Malistaire was hiding the Death School from future students by collapsing the ground beneath it.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
Did nightside come with an update or was it always in the game? If so that could explain why in the storyline no one knows about it. I mean you think they would search at the bottom of the big hole where the death school used to be.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
juwanaman9 on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
Did nightside come with an update or was it always in the game? If so that could explain why in the storyline no one knows about it. I mean you think they would search at the bottom of the big hole where the death school used to be.
It came with the game, generally you're level 15 when you discover it.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
What seems strange is that the Death School building is on a piece of land that was clearly dropped on something else, but the ground around Mortis looks like he was always planted there.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I read the other posts here and wonder did anyone else notice hints that Morganthe had something to do with the death school being no longer in Raven wood? In khrysalis we are shown a struggle between Morganthe and Malistaire. It may have been that there was more to the cave before the death school was dropped there. Morganthe may have tried to destroy the school but Malistaire prevented that and the battle between the two made it land there. We have evidence in the game that Morganthe destroyed things while Malistaire tried to maintain order. what we have not been told is how Morganthe and Malistaire came to be aiding each other in Azteca.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, that is a very interesting question....

The comment about Mortis I don't believe makes any difference, he descended with the rest of the school. That is a non issue. What does seem rather interesting is how the doorway from behind the waterfall seems to be built. So this suggests to me that either It was the way to Sunken City before or that Malistaire built the door later. Do we know how long before we arrived that the Death School sank? Remember our confrontation was in the Golem Tower, not the Death School. Also we don't know how long Malistaire stayed in Wizard City after he quit? He could have quit and then got in contact with these Cabal Characters.... Also while Malistaire is a great and powerful Wizard, to move Mortis is no small task! Either he is much more powerful than we initially realized or he had some help....